Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

my HOA is 250... It went up $25 from 225 a year ago and I was heated... but for NJ my HOA is not bad... other places I was looking at buying the HOA was 750 smh

Harborview building in Baltimore is a lot like that one. 2 bed/1.5 bath unit on the market for $265k but the building fees are about $1,400 per month.

Get a ton of Zillow calls for the building, but it's generally folks that can only afford in the $200s, meanwhile the actual monthly payment is that of like a $500k+ home.

my HOA is 250... It went up $25 from 225 a year ago and I was heated... but for NJ my HOA is not bad... other places I was looking at buying the HOA was 750 smh
Bought my pad when HOA was $250. They kept raising it yearly and it’s now at $470 😡. Thankfully we fired the old HOA company that kept raising rates and us homeowners are working on redoing CC&Rs so we take over more of the maintenance of our homes and we’re hoping to end up between $150-$200 a month.

YCzMOQgqYhkntLfIXbGr-vc8FtUnrt6LVeOafAoCizo.jpg

Im starting to wish I had just paid the extra 20k for a battery to cut Ameren IL out of the picture... but then I would need 2 batteries and that 55k would be 100k so Im straight but Im still pqying $300 power bills with these damn solar panels because they dont produce as much in thw winter...

Am gonna be traveling for the next few years but want to buy something < 250k and try using it as rental property/ Airbnb. Any advice on where to look? Literally anywhere, with not high crime, is good. 2 bedroom would be cool, 1 to rent and 1 to Airbnb. Or just 1 room to store my random items and 1 to rent/ Airbnb. I know this ain’t Zillow, but in case y’all got recommendations lol. In the dmv, not really anything you can get for that in a safe area.

Very safe. Lots of tourists due to attractions (major surfing areas, rainforest, hikes, prostitution is legal, etc) A lot of Americans go there to retire too.

Went last yr, actually enjoyed it

Airbnb i stayed in was very nice and less than 5 min from the beach

My old man leveled up during that time. He was able to buy 5 brownstones in Brooklyn, 6 brand new townhome in houston, the builder could not sell, a few blocks in 3rd ward Houston and few properties in DC.

Oo yall rich rich

only difference was, who had the money back then?

That time was prob my biggest financial regrets of my life. Was going to buy a brick loft condo in Detroit for like $28k, its now worth like $400k. Also was going to buy a different townhouse in Detroit for $65k that is now $400k+ (because its right across the street from the new Little Ceaser Arena). Everyone told me "Detroit is too sketchy, why would you do that?". :angry:

Back
Top Bottom