Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

my realtor was a KW agent in Palos Verdes, older sis of one of my oldest friends
def not them type

but this fitness bunny i know went from waitressing to selling cars at a ford dealership and " showing houses"

What are you guys using for home security? Recently just got with Vivint. Kinda pricey but so far I like their service. Used to just have a ring doorbell but that was lacking.

What are you guys using for home security? Recently just got with Vivint. Kinda pricey but so far I like their service. Used to just have a ring doorbell but that was lacking.

I started off with Vivint but ultimately decided to go with Nest. I do the $20 per month for Brinks to monitor my system.

hate to say it but a security company/gated community looks like a good idea if the $$$$ is there. stuff doesn't pay for itself tho.

If you were building a house from scratch, would you wire cameras? Or is this day and age it’s about the tech?
Had our house wired to support a PoE camera system. More stable and less prone to interference than wifi. Plus I didn’t want to deal with replacing batteries.

I recommend anyone going for a new build to have ethernet ran throughout the house during framing. Its worth the extra money especially if you are a streaming household.

My friends are building a fire proof concrete house. It’s gonna be dope. I’ll use their builders when I get my money together for it down the road if it all goes well with their build.

Reached out to our realtor just to gauge what we could sell our house for. Based on the comps he sent over we could expect at least a 40-60% profit. Wife won’t entertain anything less than 100% :lol:.

Anyone flip their primary residence in this market? Did you buy another home immediately or decide to rent in hopes of the market cooling down? Any seller’s remorse?

We have a great home in a great location. While we could wipe out all our debt and still have a sizeable amount left over for savings and a downpayment, we’d be back in the market at these prices.

Reached out to our realtor just to gauge what we could sell our house for. Based on the comps he sent over we could expect at least a 40-60% profit. Wife won’t entertain anything less than 100% :lol:.

Anyone flip their primary residence in this market? Did you buy another home immediately or decide to rent in hopes of the market cooling down? Any seller’s remorse?

We have a great home in a great location. While we could wipe out all our debt and still have a sizeable amount left over for savings and a downpayment, we’d be back in the market at these prices.
Yeah that’s the thing. Even if you sell for a profit you’re still at the mercy of the market and would be buying at a premium price.

Combined with the rising interest costs.

Yeah that’s the thing. Even if you sell for a profit you’re still at the mercy of the market and would be buying at a premium price.

Combined with the rising interest costs.
That’s what I’m thinking… selling a house now in a great location, I’m guessing with a great rate… how does that put you ahead

That’s what I’m thinking… selling a house now in a great location, I’m guessing with a great rate… how does that put you ahead
Settle some interest accruing debt while freeing up some income, make a downpayment on a new spot where the mortgage loan amount would be roughly the same as our original purchase price (likely a bit higher), and have some cash leftover for a decent nestegg.

We’re going to crunch some numbers to really figure out how a sale now would benefit us compared to our current financial trajectory. Agreed that a sale now could potentially be a wash if it isn’t for the right amount and with the right perspective.

Rising interest rates do not concern me too much because they are still a decent amount lower than the 50-year average. Plus settling debt would boost our credit scores and give us a more favorable rate.

Based on comps we aren’t close to that “no brainer, let’s sell” amount but we are within the “let’s talk about it” range.

Back
Top Bottom