Honest Opinion On Yellowing?

i don't care about yellowing, kicks are to be worn and thus to yellow, if i wanna brand new kicks... i wear my latest pick! 
wink.gif

I find it hard to believe that in this day and age there are no materials that have the same look but don´t yellow. Rubber is a big industry thats constantly evolving, I bet it´s possible to have clear soles that won´t change color for a long long time theoretically. Maybe it´s more expensive?

i have tees form 1982 that are PERFECT... yes 32 YO tees with no cracking on the graphics and same color as were brand new. try to do this with a fresh tee, after few washes and ironings letters and graphics crack, and under the sun the color vanishes! 
mean.gif

if they would they could, but business is the thing so less outcome for materials becomes profit, they want you to constantly buy new things, for fashion or for usage so the answer i kinda easy bro! 
wink.gif

I guess I'm in the minority but I think yellowing is nice when the shoe has aged gracefully. My CDP fire red 5's I've had since they dropped are aging gracefully. They give a vintage look to a vintage shoe. I'm also trying to get my 2011 concords to yellow on the sole a little. I've only worn them about 4 times but I've left them out the box for about 3 months just so it ages natural. I fell like the blue tinted sole doesn't look right

YELLOWED SOLES ARE TRASH… HOW BOUT IF JB WENT AHEAD AND DROPPED THE COLUMBIA XI'S THIS DECEMBER WITH FRESH OUT THE BOX PEE SOLES… WOULD THAT ADD CHARACTER OR A WET WIPE???

THE WHOLE 2002-2005 NT SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS IN FORUMS COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS AND NOW THERES THIS WEIRD SHIFT WHERE WE ACTUALLY GET ICE BLUE TINTED SOLES AND ITS A PROBLEM? LMAOOO … I DIGRESS. AND TO THE EXTREMEST … NO THIS DOES NOT MEAN I WANT ROYAL BLUE SOLES…JUST ANYTHING NOT DUCKSAUCE MAN… TO EACH HIS OWN BUT LIKE I SAID… IMO- NO
they tint them but they still go yellow much faster than they used to. I really believe that the ONLY reason they started tinting everything is to make sure they make it through retail without noticeable traces of yellowing

Yellow soles are not a good look. They don't add character. They add a look of urine. That is NEVER a good thing. Y'all being brainwashed thinking it's anything close to a good thing.

Icy blue soles do look sexy when they're still icy blue though.

they tint them but they still go yellow much faster than they used to. I really believe that the ONLY reason they started tinting everything is to make sure they make it through retail without noticeable traces of yellowing
both the original concord and columbia HAD tinted blue soles. they didn't just start tinting them. i'm pretty sure it's done for marketing AND to make the consumer feel better for spending $180+ on a pair of shoe that had originally retailed for $125. along by giving you a fancy box to distract the fact the shoes are made with inferior material.

Last edited:
to a certain extent... when its light yellow it doesnt look too bad but when it starts to get to the dehydrated dark piss color its disgusting. :x :smh:

I hate the yellowing! Wish there was a way to prevent it.

Yellowing is a major reason why I stay away from most 5s or shoes with netting that will yellow

Back
Top Bottom