HoopsHype.com Top 25 NBA Players Heading Into 2009 Season...

Originally Posted by amel223

I would put Lebron higher but his performance against the Magic disappointed me.
Waaaait WHAT?

Yeah, 39 ppg, 8 assist, 8 rebounds, 49% FG ain't good enough for you?

CLEVELAND being disappointing sure, but LeBron?

He had the best post-season of anyone in the league, without a doubt. And yes, that's including Rondo.

How could you not put Kobe in the top 2?

I will guarantee wade won't have the type of season he had last year, that was his peak season. He will never put those numbers up again.

Also, you have to factor in Wade and Kobe have much different roles on their team, Kobe is a scorer, Wade has to do EVERYTHING in order for his team to squeakout a victory.

Kobe will be top 2 in the league until he retires.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

First thing's first... For the love of God, do not turn this into a Kobe vs. LeBron ball swinging fest or "I can't wait for LeBron to come to the Big Apple!" +$@+%@!*... I know that's where it'll probably go so I don't know why I'm making this... Maybe I'm just hopeful there can be intelligent discussion on this for a change...
ohwell.gif

25. Ray Allen
24. Devin Harris
23. Shaquille O'Neal
22. Danny Granger
21. Al Jefferson
20. Kevin Durant
19. Steve Nash
18. Joe Johnson
17. Chauncey Billups
16. Paul Pierce
15. Brandon Roy
14. Chris Bosh
13. Deron Williams
12. Amare Stoudamire
11. Carmelo Anthony
10. Pau Gasol
9. Tony Parker
8. Kevin Garnett
7. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Chris Paul
5. Tim Duncan
4. Dwyane Wade
3. Dwight Howard

2. Kobe Bryant
1. LeBron James

Dwight ahead of Mr. Wade?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

I will guarantee wade won't have the type of season he had last year, that was his peak season. He will never put those numbers up again.

Also, you have to factor in Wade and Kobe have much different roles on their team, Kobe is a scorer, Wade has to do EVERYTHING in order for his team to squeak out a victory.

nahhhh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

THE CORRECT LIST

25. Rajon Rondo
24. Steve Nash
23. Andre Igoudala
22. Al Jefferson
21. Danny Granger
20. Joe Johnson
19. Chauncey Billups
18. Amare Stoudamire
17. Devin Harris
16. Kevin Durant
15. Manu Ginobili
14. Deron Williams
13. Chris Bosh
12. Pau Gasol
11. Carmelo Anthony
10. Kevin Garnett
9. Brandon Roy
8. Tony Parker
7. Dirk Nowitzki
6. Dwight Howard
5. Kobe Bryant
4.Tim Duncan
3. Dwyane Wade
2.Chris Paul
1. LeBron James

i dont have a problem with 1 through 5, but if you have rajon over ray and pp, then there's a problem.

so you're saying rondo is a 2nd best player in boston.

needs some work.

Boston is greater than the some of there parts there so well coached and they works so well as a team that they cover up the rests of therefaults, like the fact that it's getting harder and harder for Paul Peirce to score, or the fact that he is a worthless rebounder form the 3 position, andcan really only play defense in spurts, Ray Allen who doesn't really play defense anymore is an even more worthless rebounder. Paul Peirce is there go toguy on offense, Ray Allen is the sharpshooter, but beyond that INDIVIDUALLY, in a different system would youtake them over Rondo?

Rondo is the best defensive point gaurd, very good rebounder, and a really good passer, right now you could build a team around Rondo, you can't anymorewith PP or Ray.

Also, you have to factor in Wade and Kobe have much different roles on their team, Kobe is a scorer, Wade has to do EVERYTHING in order for his team to squeak out a victory.

Dwayne Wade had one of the best seasons in the HISTORY of basketball, he may never reach it again sure, but it is comparable if not surpasses Kobe's bestseason.

Kobe's only job is to score, but Wade does it in more volume and more efficiently, while also, running the offense, blocking shots and creating turnovers. So in what logical and reasonabnle world can I conclude anything other than Wade> Kobe.

Wait, you can build a team around Rondo but you can't against Pierce?

Rondo is great defensively, but the kid is a damn LIABILITY anywhere out of 10 feet.

Until he increases his range, he's not a guy I'd want to build around.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Wait, you can build a team around Rondo but you can't against Pierce?

Rondo is great defensively, but the kid is a damn LIABILITY anywhere out of 10 feet.

Until he increases his range, he's not a guy I'd want to build around.
Not anymore, Paul Peirce ain't what he used to be, all he can really do is score now and he doesn't do it all that efficiently any more,and he can't really do anything else. The reason the Celtic are good is because of that defense especially pick and roll defense which Rondo and Garnettcover as good as anyone has ever. Paul and Ray have very specialized roles, and I don't really believe they can do more than that.

Big men impact the game so much more than numbers show. Especially defensively dominant big men.

So Dwight being above Wade maybe wrong it isn't absurd.

If Pau plays like he did last year, number ten is right for him even though I hate him so much. Brandon Roy should be higher. I don't understand why everyone is on chris paul. There is not a big difference between the top three or four point guards in the league. Deron, TP, CP3, DRose, Rondo, (Gilbert this yearwhen he shocks the world and becomes a top ten player again) even nash, there isn't that big of a difference. No way chris paul should be ahead of DwightHoward. Wade is a much better defender than kobe.

Kobe making first team all defense over Wade is atrocious. Wade had like 100+ blocks and steals last season and is the only player under 6'4 to ever dothat.

Kobe will average like 24 or 25 this year, not to mention he's playing with four other all stars. What a joke. Tim duncan is still the best power forwardin the league unless KG plays like he did in his mvp season or Amare goes crazy. Watch for LaMarcus Aldridge to emerge this year as well. Kevin Durant is topten easy too.

laugh.gif
you can always count on okb making us all a little dumber from reading his post. i still havent stopped laughing at his claim that bird was an elitedefender.

Dwayne Wade had one of the best seasons in the HISTORY of basketball, he may never reach it again sure, but it is comparable if not surpasses Kobe's best season.

Kobe's only job is to score, but Wade does it in more volume and more efficiently, while also, running the offense, blocking shots and creating turnovers. So in what logical and reasonabnle world can I conclude anything other than Wade> Kobe.
the thing that you're not getting is Kobe does not have to do those things for his team to succeed. Kobe has Fish for running the offense,Bynum for rebounds and blocked shots.

Logically you put Dwade in the west he isn't sniffing the playoffs. Put Wade in the same situation as Kobe when he had Smush and Kwame starting for him andI guarantee that he isn't even doing things comparable to Kobe. Kobe made the playoffs in the west without any other player helping him. Wade who is anawesome player will never be better then Kobe.

I'm in here defending Kobe and I don't even like him.
VC>*
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by amel223

I would put Lebron higher but his performance against the Magic disappointed me.
Waaaait WHAT?

Yeah, 39 ppg, 8 assist, 8 rebounds, 49% FG ain't good enough for you?

CLEVELAND being disappointing sure, but LeBron?

He had the best post-season of anyone in the league, without a doubt. And yes, that's including Rondo.

Awesome all around numbers, it's just the way he got his numbers that don't sit with me.. I believe he really struggled with his 39 ppg every singlegame. He'd eat up so much of the shot clock trying to score, and he only had two ways of scoring. Either dribbling around the perimeter a la Ben Gordonand waiting until 10 seconds were off of the shot clock to finally make his move and then throwing up the shot or using his body to go all the way to the rimand getting the foul. I'm not sure he would've got his 39 ppg without the referree help he got. I think the Magic were ok with Lebron scoring allthose points cuz he just did not do it in a demoralizing fashion.

Great player. I'd never put him lower than number three, but for me to put him any higher, he needs to work on his offensive repertoire. If he comes backnext playoffs with the same offensive skill set, I'd let him score 40 points again.

Kobe didn't score near those amount of points in the finals (at least I can't remember) but whenever he decided to go on his scoring spurts you canreally see how it affected the Magic. The Magic would fight to try and get back in the game and then whenever they get close, Kobe scores a quick 6, 8, or 10points and suddenly find that they need to chip at the lead again. I can't count how many times I've seen Michael Pietrus fight to deny Kobe the ballonly to have him get it, make a quick move, and 2 or 3 seconds later he scores a quick 2. Those kind of points really get to you as an opponent.

Just my 2 cents. I hope no one tries to make this into a Kobe fan boy thing. I don't even like Kobe like that. I'm a Derrick Rose fan lol.

But let me just say it again. Lebron is a great player. I'd never put him lower than three.

Garnett should be way lower, especially coming off a knee injury at his age.

Durant should be higher.

Roy should be lower (as in lower than Durant). Sure, he plays for a more relevant team, but KD is going to go off this year.

Funny how peeps gotta respond over and over with weak logic to convince themselves someone is better because they simply hate the other player.

Age is the only thing that sets Kobe back in ranking. But does it make any player ranked above him better, heck no. The job gets done and if it gets done againwith him leading, mouths need to be closed as they should now.

Don't matter what so and so is doing number-wise Kobe can still go there and we know it. He chooses to make the right choice with the team he has, nowhe's suddenly a lesser player while when he was roastin the league, folks said he would be more of a player playing the way he is now.

Funny how hate is, season ain't even started yet.

laugh.gif

Dre, I listed Wade over Kobe for the mere fact that coming up, Kobe will get less minutes, less touches, etc etc until the playoffs. I know he's still atop tier player, but in terms of production for 09-10, Wade will outdo him. Thas all I was gettin at.

Would I trade Kobe for Wade? No. But for this year, Wade will perform better.

Osh, you're act against Kobe is lame and transparent. Let it go.

Yes I know, you can say the same for me and Nash, but I'm right, and you're wrong.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I put Kobe as the fith best player in the league and people think I'm hating on him? Really?
laugh.gif

Is it really that insane that I would Take CP3, Wade, Duncan and Lebron over Kobe? Really, did I say some thing thatoutlandish, This is 2009

Kobe and Duncan is a tossup, but my preference is towards Duncan so a, so I'm saying Kobe is the 4th best player in the league? Is that really blasphemy.

You guys are giving Kobe A LOT of legacy points...

I put Kobe as the fith best player in the league and people think I'm hating on him? Really?
laugh.gif
Well I dont think your hating, I think your an idiot

Originally Posted by yungmatt

laugh.gif
Well I dont think your hating, I think your an idiot
Childish name calling is something most commonly associated with idiots.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ray Allen.
laugh.gif

There isn't a day in his NBA career that he was one of the 25 best players in the league.
This ranks up there as one of the dumber posts I have read. You can't be serious. You just cant't.

Back
Top Bottom