Houston Rockets Thread 2023/2024 - Rockets Record?? #BoutFieHunnit

Yeah it’s time for MDA to go
The missed shots are frustrating but it’s the terrible defense and non rebounding that’s really pmo

Yeah it’s time for MDA to go
The missed shots are frustrating but it’s the terrible defense and non rebounding that’s really pmo

Yea the general effort from a bunch of these guys is disgusting. Simple effort would make up for some of this

Just like I was worried about in the preseason, defense is going to be a huge problem this year. Gotta tap out for the night, early shift tomorrow. Looking forward to y'alls recaps tomorrow, and preprepping for an Astros World Series Win. City's gonna be lit.

They went back to jacking up 3s and playing lazy defense and of course the lead struck back. They’re really gonna have to grind this one out as that could have been prevented

They jacking way too many 3s right now. I do like russ not settling for 3s and is attacking which keeps their attack more diverse. EG needs to get going

Extremely happy that Westbrook hasn’t fallen into our habit of just jacking 3s. He’s played well every game and we’d prolly be 3-0 if MDA didn’t pull him in game 1 when he regained us the lead :smh:

That 3rd quarter is how we need to play, with energy and defense from everyone

House didn’t shoot well tonight be he was hustling and making smart plays

EG has to get going he is the bench

Extremely happy that Westbrook hasn’t fallen into our habit of just jacking 3s. He’s played well every game and we’d prolly be 3-0 if MDA didn’t pull him in game 1 when he regained us the lead :smh:

That 3rd quarter is how we need to play, with energy and defense from everyone

House didn’t shoot well tonight be he was hustling and making smart plays

EG has to get going he is the bench

Westbrook is actually playing with a high IQ right now, is great, and at big reason we won. Russ continued to attack even when the rest of the team fell back into the lull of jacking up 3s and hoping they go in. Glad Harden started attacking as well, but he's got to stop taking those reckless 3s. Thankfully he took only 14 (made 3). Some of those aimless 3s Harden takes needs to be drives from him, or any non-scared shot from House. 16.5 points

PJ Tucker currently averaging 16.5 points :smokin :smokin
RoxStats.JPG

Next 4 games on the road. Let's see how this goes.

Russ always had good bball iq it's cuz he knows that this isn't his squad and doesnt hero ball things imo

I think it's very Houston to have a full Houston vs DC sports night tonight :lol: :smokin Let's go 2-0 tonight.

Curious to the Rockets on their first road game (of 4 in a row). I hope the back-end of the roster provides something significant and quickly, or else MDA is gonna have the glued to the bench and we'll be running a 7.5 man rotation again.

just got tickets for tonight. figured with nats game 7 the prices would plummet and i could scoop some last minute for cheap, but for whatever reason the tickets seemed to be selling quickly with no drop.

hope the rockets can murder the wiz and scherzer can come through for the nats so i can leave after the game and go flip some cars in the riots.

Russ always had good bball iq it's cuz he knows that this isn't his squad and doesnt hero ball things imo

Lets not fool ourselves because hes on the Rockets now. He NEVER had good BBall iQ. Lets hope his current playing last through the season and playoffs.

Already know the final score, but I’m running the game back right now and my goodness the “defense” being played :rofl: :rofl: at this point, there’s no reason not to bring Faried back. You’re getting tons of hustle, boards, and easy baskets at minimum.

The bench seems to be showing life as they came in. Rivers has hit three 3s already, and Ryno hit one as well (after giving up two straight baskets and 2 points on a foul)

At least they are winning the games while they continue to try and develop some more chemistry

**** is just ridiculous. felt like an all star game there yesterday. wiz announced their whole roster and had individual entrances for each and every player (probably because it was the home opener), but i literally didn't recognize most of the guys on the team. i was thinking we're probably still gonna play a close one against these no names and of course we did.

once again we couldn't pull away when the other team was cold and then EVERYONE caught fire due to the **** defense. glad we won, but i don't have any hope for this team unless they can start showing some heart on d.

i told harden before the game he scored 54 here last year and i needed him to outdo it this year so i want to take some credit for his offensive surge last night. can't believe that ****er missed that last ft though. i just wanted to be able to say i saw a 60 point game in person.

That game was :rofl: it felt like gradually, the Wizards were shooting 100% from the field. The Rockets basically played 2 minutes of defense to put that game away. Highly entertaining game despite the fact that hardly any defense was played. Glad to see EG hit some clutch shots, and the bench contribute. Very surprised Mclemore was on the floor for closing moments but he did his job, even on defense. Harden cut his 3s in half which was fantastic, Westbrook stayed attacking and only took 3s when he felt like he had too. Capela was pissing me off with his finger tip ****, but still finished with a double double and impacted the game. PJ’s prints were all over the game as well, and House looked great. Nets on Friday in BK, and that should be entertaining as well.

4AF29DA4-51C2-4F8A-A7B5-000E74A2C163.jpeg

I swear this team has played maybe 3 quarters of good defense all year

Last edited:
my wife wanted to go to nyc randomly today. we ended up not going, but if we did, would have gone to the game tonight as well. over under is around 244...sounds like it'll be another offensive showcase.

Play defense and attack the rim, you cut the lead. Aimlessly jack up 3s and stand around on defense, you end up further in a deficit. How is the defensive coach here? Cause it’s so obvious what they need to be doing, they’ve shown flashes but just haven’t been consistent

Why did Clint only play 20 minutes? The inconsistent defense is maddening. I wish harden would realize good things happen when he drives, 2/16 is just ridiculous and at some point MDA has to address this

Why did Clint only play 20 minutes? The inconsistent defense is maddening. I wish harden would realize good things happen when he drives, 2/16 is just ridiculous and at some point MDA has to address this

It’s like MDA is trying to eliminate the center position or something. These 6’5” lineups aren’t gonna cut it.

Harden, EG, and MDA were the biggest reasons they lost this game. They had some horrendous offensive possessions once they cut it to 5. They got out of what they were doing well and reverted to that 3 or Else garbage. Westbrook should’ve been leading those last 7 minutes or so.

Back
Top Bottom