Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Is CP3 like the first superstar president of the NBAPA, if I'm quoting that correctly?

All I remember is Roger Mason and not sure what turmoil he had to go through given his stature in the NBA.

From cyberx, FWIW:

Harden did not want Bron here, he told people close to him that he was hoping it would not happen. He believes this is HIS team. He did not want to be Kyried. He never said this to the front office because he is a TEAM player... He would have recruited, done it all, because that is who James is... But he wants to be more Kobe v2, Kyrie V2.

I think most of us weeks ago said what is plan b if Lebron wasn’t on the table. More interested in what the moves are now. Every person that leaves here whether trade or FA needs to be replaced by younger/better guys than before, and at minimum younger while being on the same level.

any chance we go after PG? i'm sure he's dead set on LA, but wouldn't be a bad consolation.

Hope they can bring him back, as long as he doesn't demand alot of money.

Say we strike out on all the big names, who are some cheaper guys ya'll want? Also, what do you think are our biggest needs, assuming we keep this core pretty much in tact? I'm gonna say a big man that can space the floor, and a backup guard. I'm interested in Brook Lopez at times last season it felt like Capela was our only big man, Lopez can shoot all the way out to the 3 (pretty well) he could probably even space the floor to play him alongside Capela at times. I dont know much abou Seth Curry, has but I've read a couple of articles suggesting Houston would be a good fit. Looking at his stats from 2 seasons ago, he shot well and can play either guard position. Has anyone ever (realy) watched him play? If so what do you think I've never really paid attention to him. At first I wanted to try and get DeAndre Jordan, since the rumors of him saying he'd take a big pay cut to come home to Houston. Then changed my mind because, you just cant play him alongside Capela. Plus both would need alot of minutes, and I just dont think we can give that to them, with the style of ball we play. Then I read this
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250448/Warriors-Will-Pursue-DeAndre-Jordan
now I kinda want him, just to keep him from there...if true.

Bad deal on CP3. Way too many years for him
He could've negotiated for 5. I'm pretty sure we asked for 3 and they settled for 4. Either way, it was a given when we traded for him last year. There's no chance CP3 comes here last year without the wink-wink assurance of giving him the max this year. As of now, it would only affect the pockets of our owner and the luxury tax anyways cause our cap situation is tied up regardless.

I'm surprised Trev got offered a bag like that but not mad. I think Morey will try to work out a sign and trade with the Suns and maybe get back an asset or trade exception.

If not, I think they re-sign Luc, try to get another rotational wing player for the MLE, and maybe dangle Ryno for Bazemore or a similar player on a bad contract.

I also think Melo ends up getting bought out this year and we may be a possible destination again.

Of course all this is pretty early to make such predictions :lol:

Back
Top Bottom