Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Peep Game Peep Game I would have rather seen them chase Jamal Crawford, Seth Curry, or the guy I really wanted being Tyreke Evans (once Ariza was lost) but 2 of the 3 are now off the board...at least those guys could shoot. MCW has skills, but last season he shot 33% from the field and like 25% from the 3. He just doesn't really fit our style IMO, I hope he proves me wrong, I do like his versatility though. Morey has been way toooooo quiet, I hope hes not played himself, and cast to wide of a net on some guys. The guys hes met with have all pretty much been head scratchers for a guy who is "obsessed" with beating the Warriors. I'd still like to see them pickup Brook Lopez, having a stretch 5 to me would very interesting, but we need to lock down Capala ASAP. I dont want to see him unrestricted, I'm still pretty shocked he didnt garner more interest around the leaugue. I was sure Dallas and maybe the Lakers would throw a max contract at him.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius I'm assuming your a Lakers fan so congrats on landing LeBron, but I feel that team might implode before the season is over. What were you guys thinking when you pick up Javale, Lance, and Rajon to pair with Lavars big mouth, LeBron will be completely bald after a season dealing with their shenanigans. Welcome to mediocrity.

Them dudes on one year deals anyway. Very likely Kawhi is coming w/o giving anything up next offseason too.

Magic and the Kang got this.

BhYMbhP.gif

Them dudes on one year deals anyway. Very likely Kawhi is coming w/o giving anything up next offseason too.

Magic and the Kang got this.

BhYMbhP.gif

Alot can happen before then, Pop will trade Leonard for something before he let's him walk hes not stupid. Then who's to say he doesn't reup with that team. Then you could end up with Paul George 2.0... if it does work out the way your hoping for good for Lakers fans, and really the leaugue in general (at least there will be another team that can compete). You guys still are not getting past the Warriors, and Lebron will have wasted a year (you do realize hes the same age as CP3 right?) So you hold on to getting Leonard, and us Rockets fans will hold on to Jimmy Butler forcing a trade to Houston, both have the same chance of happening at this point.

James Nunnally

Rockets, Celtics, Sixers and trailblazers have all worked him out.

He’s a ridiculous 3 point shooter in Europe, he shot 55% from 3 last year.

Wouldn’t mind him for the minimum.

James Nunnally

Rockets, Celtics, Sixers and trailblazers have all worked him out.

He’s a ridiculous 3 point shooter in Europe, he shot 55% from 3 last year.

Wouldn’t mind him for the minimum.

Isn't he really defensive minded too? I think I read a little about him. Wouldn't mind him at all either. At least it would be an attempt to try and fill some of what we lost with Trevor.

Edit: After watching the video I like what I see, he looks super confident in his shot after release.

Peep Game Peep Game I would have rather seen them chase Jamal Crawford, Seth Curry, or the guy I really wanted being Tyreke Evans (once Ariza was lost) but 2 of the 3 are now off the board...at least those guys could shoot. MCW has skills, but last season he shot 33% from the field and like 25% from the 3. He just doesn't really fit our style IMO, I hope he proves me wrong, I do like his versatility though. Morey has been way toooooo quiet, I hope hes not played himself, and cast to wide of a net on some guys. The guys hes met with have all pretty much been head scratchers for a guy who is "obsessed" with beating the Warriors. I'd still like to see them pickup Brook Lopez, having a stretch 5 to me would very interesting, but we need to lock down Capala ASAP. I dont want to see him unrestricted, I'm still pretty shocked he didnt garner more interest around the leaugue. I was sure Dallas and maybe the Lakers would throw a max contract at him.

Good points and i didnt think or notice that. As far as Morey honestly i think the obsession is gone. Hes been chasing that for 3 or so seasons and the last season was a heartbreaker because he had the perfect ensemble and setup. He had the plan perfectly but honestly it doesnt feel like hes hungry for it anymore.

Tyreke Evans is really the only FA out of these dudes with name value that I really wanted the Rockets to sign. Seth Curry, Jamal Crawford, Nerlens Noel, etc don’t move the needle at all, and you def weren’t gonna bring back Dwight Howard. Again, need to re-sign Capela, get rid of Nene and Ryno’s contracts, then find a way to get Jimmy Butler and/or Kevin Love in here. Love is one of those worst contract/better player guys that have been brought up. This team can still get far, but without a 3rd person, if Paul gets injured late again, you’re still faced with Harden vs the World again, but this team it’s vs Cousins with the Warriors.

Good points and i didnt think or notice that. As far as Morey honestly i think the obsession is gone. Hes been chasing that for 3 or so seasons and the last season was a heartbreaker because he had the perfect ensemble and setup. He had the plan perfectly but honestly it doesnt feel like hes hungry for it anymore.

I don't believe his "obsession" is gone at all. I mean he did just win GM of the year. He knows we've probably got a 3 year window with the roster we've got now. I just think he might be shooting to high. Like going after Lebron (it was a pipe dream, we all knew it, and I'm sure he knew it more than us fans) honestly Paul George would have been more realistic to chase anyways. I honestly believe now Lebron decided on L.A during allstar weekend, with a slight possibility of a return to Cleveland. The year before, it was Carmelo and before that Chris Bosh and so on. We were literally 2 quarters away from the finals... we didnt need to improve much. NOONE would have ever thought we'd go 7/44 from deep or miss 27 3's in a row in game 7 after the season we'd had shooting the ball. I think he just might be casting too large of a net, instead of filling in pieces that fit like say Tyreke Evans, Seth Curry, Jamaal Crawford, or even Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (I dont think he even met with them, correct me if I'm wrong) when we should have. I think he's just trying to do too much... we've got one thing killing us right now and that's Ryno's contract... he's got to go! I'm to the point where I'd be ecstatic if we stretched him, or explored a buyout at this point. I still believe someone will take him though, but again I think hes shooting too high and trying to actually get too much for him when it should just be at the least, a salary dump to give us some wiggle room to get some of the players like I've mentioned. Last year should have been our year, I'm still sick over that. I might be in the minority, but I dont think Boogie going to GSW is that big of a deal, hes not gonna be the same player, and hes going to be a major liability on defense if we play a running game. He wont be able to keep up, I mean Clint ate him alive with 2 good Achilles. We needed to do something though, and we havent I just hope the reason for him being quiet, is because he's got something in the works. I dont think I can accept that MCW is going to be our biggest offseason addition. Until something happens, I'll be praying to the basketball gods that Jimmy Butler forces a trade to his hometown. That's really the only thing left that could move the needle in our favor, and actually upgrade us from last season.

Tyreke Evans is really the only FA out of these dudes with name value that I really wanted the Rockets to sign. Seth Curry, Jamal Crawford, Nerlens Noel, etc don’t move the needle at all, and you def weren’t gonna bring back Dwight Howard. Again, need to re-sign Capela, get rid of Nene and Ryno’s contracts, then find a way to get Jimmy Butler and/or Kevin Love in here. Love is one of those worst contract/better player guys that have been brought up. This team can still get far, but without a 3rd person, if Paul gets injured late again, you’re still faced with Harden vs the World again, but this team it’s vs Cousins with the Warriors.

Funny, we were kinda posting the same thing at the same time. Your right Seth or Jamal wouldnt have really moved the needle (never wanted Noel, he's just a poor man's Capela at best), but they would have at least fit the teams style of play alot mor than MCW. What's Loves contract look like, length wise if its longer than Rynos I could se that panning out... maybe even if it's the same length, but if its longer I doubt it happens. Cleveland is gonna be in tank mode now, and they really have no reason to keep Love, I mean he was an all star last year (even though it was the east) and at least we'd get some production out of him.

Last edited:
Funny, we were kinda posting the same thing at the same time. Your right Seth or Jamal wouldnt have really moved the needle (never wanted Noel, he's just a poor man's Capela at best), but they would have at least fit the teams style of play alot mor than MCW. What's Loves contract look like, length wise if its longer than Rynos I could se that panning out... maybe even if it's the same length, but if its longer I doubt it happens. Cleveland is gonna be in tank mode now, and they really have no reason to keep Love, at least we'd get some production out of him.

Love is a FA in 2020, and will be average a little more than 24 mil the next two seasons. Ryno will be a FA and averaging a little more than 20 mil the next two years :lol: :lol: Love is just a flat out better player than Ryno, just happens to get freak accident injuries sometimes. I feel like he’d play better if he was here, maybe even throwback Kevin Love, though I don’t say that with a ton of confidence cause he’s skimmed down since then.

Love is a FA in 2020, and will be average a little more than 24 mil the next two seasons. Ryno will be a FA and averaging a little more than 20 mil the next two years :lol: :lol: Love is just a flat out better player than Ryno, just happens to get freak accident injuries sometimes. I feel like he’d play better if he was here, maybe even throwback Kevin Love, though I don’t say that with a ton of confidence cause he’s skimmed down since then.

Ya just tried it on ESPN trade machine hell we could even throw in a first rounder, and I'd be ok with that.
Screenshot_20180704-083953.jpg

Not sure why it says Ryno has 0 years left (oh if only that were the case) think Cleveland would actually go for it?

Last edited:
Ya just tried it on ESPN trade machine hell we could even throw in a first rounder, and I'd be ok with that.
Screenshot_20180704-083953.jpg

Not sure why it says Ryno has 0 years left (oh if only that were the case) think Cleveland would actually go for it?

If they are for sure about tanking yes :lol:

If they are for sure about tanking yes :lol:

Dont see how they couldn't be, I'm gonna assume they'll try and dump Tristan Thompson at some point too. Love is the only guy on that roster worth anything IMO. I like Rodney Hood (but even he's a restricted FA so no guarantee they even retain him) a bit,he drastically fell off improving last season so the verdict is still out on him. Did you hear/read anything about Minnesota preparing an offer for Gerald Green, and he didnt even want to hear it. Dude didn't want to be anywhere but here.:lol: I'd hate to send him to Minnesota, but if a package with him included it netted us Jimmy Butler I'd do it if I were Morey.

Edit: not really news since noone has much cap space left but:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutch...uston-match-any-offer-sheet-clint-capela/amp/

Well at least we know one team had no interest in Boogie, I still dont buy that zero offers claim.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ets-had-zero-interest-before-warriors-signing

Last edited:
Dont see how they couldn't be, I'm gonna assume they'll try and dump Tristan Thompson at some point too. Love is the only guy on that roster worth anything IMO. I like Rodney Hood (but even he's a restricted FA so no guarantee they even retain him) a bit,he drastically fell off improving last season so the verdict is still out on him. Did you hear/read anything about Minnesota preparing an offer for Gerald Green, and he didnt even want to hear it. Dude didn't want to be anywhere but here.:lol: I'd hate to send him to Minnesota, but if a package with him included it netted us Jimmy Butler I'd do it if I were Morey.

Edit: not really news since noone has much cap space left but:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutch...uston-match-any-offer-sheet-clint-capela/amp/

Well at least we know one team had no interest in Boogie, I still dont buy that zero offers claim.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ets-had-zero-interest-before-warriors-signing

Oh I have no doubt Green wasn't going anywhere :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: at the thought of making the Spurs for the present and future for a possible 1 year rental

Oh I have no doubt Green wasn't going anywhere :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: at the thought of making the Spurs for the present and future for a possible 1 year rental

:rofl:
Even if that trade was realistic I dont think Pop would even enter trade talks with the Rockets. I honestly dont even think he'll even trade Kawhi to anyone in the west unless he gets a kings ransom for him. Some of these trade scenarios I've seen for Kawhi are just plain dumb, I know you dislike the Spurs, but I think we can agree Pop is not stupid. I think it was a smart move by Morey too meeting with GG on July 1, and not even letting him feel out the market and get some kind of crazy Ariza type offer. We wanted him back, he wanted to come back, didnt even really give him a chance to test the waters.

Edit: After rereading my post, it kinda sounds like I'd be for that trade scenario just for the record... NO WAY I'd even entertain the thought of that trade if I were Morey unless they took Ryno and also sent back LMA. I'd really think twice about that...

Last edited:
If he’d be willing to play in the system and possibly come off the bench then I’d be for it. As it stands, we currently have a hole at SF with Ariza gone and luc unsigned.

I thought he’d be willing before OKC but after him still talking like he’s not meeting halfway with coming off the bench or anything else easy pass.

If he’d be willing to play in the system and possibly come off the bench then I’d be for it. As it stands, we currently have a hole at SF with Ariza gone and luc unsigned.

I dont see how it could hurt, it's pretty slim pickings right now to fill Arizas hole. If hes cheap enough I'm thinking we try and pick him up, if he becomes toxic we can always just dump him.

I never once thought Melo would fit in with PG/Russ, and have been pretty steadfast that he would have played better with Harden/Paul. I'd want a shot at Melo only if you're also re-signing LMAM. You can't lose both Ariza and LMAM and come out with only Melo. Also, Melo >>> Anderson and Joe Johnson.

Just watching the Summer League game right now, already like what I see from Hartenstein and Daniel House.

Back
Top Bottom