HOUSTON ROCKETS Thread '14/'15 - Offseason - Picks (+ Jason Terry)

praise Jesus 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
****** made my day when I heard the news. Everyone heal up and let's get ready for this playoff run!!!

Dwight may not play tonight again. Though they keep mentioning ankle strain, I really do think he's just being rested :lol: and deservingly so. He's basically been an ironman this year.

Don't care if Howard, Bev, and TJones didn't play, and don't care if the Nets have been solid since All Star break, still shouldn't have lost to them. Just look at all the extra randoms who scored against us

LL

Last edited:
one bright side is Asik getting more and more comfortable...

I don't know how many times I've seen Harden just get blown by, only to stand there and do the wrap around steal… 
mad.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Last edited:
i'm arguing with someone on twitter who says that harden isn't a bad defender, and we don't lose because of his lack of defending. when the games start mattering, harden will show up on defense.

mike dunleavy has a better defensive rating than james harden this season

^I saw that. I don't see how anyone can see he's not a bad defender. He can defend in the post, just not tonight as Joe Johnson cooked him. But Harden's go-to move is swiping a guy after he's alread been blown by. Harden gets that move right maybe 1 out of every 50 times.

Welp, Howard out indefinitely. That cyst he had drained is apparently more of a problem than initially thought.

*Street Fighter defeated music*

I hope the Rockets have energy left over for this game. Hope TJones is back in the lineup as well. Our depth got exposed pretty quickly with all 3 of our guys out. Only good thing about tonight is that Lowry will be out, so he won't be torturing Lin.

And with the Rockets living in the paint on their end, Toronto is living on the perimeter on theirs :smh:

Them missing Howard, Bev, and an effective TJones is an understatement. they look lifeless out there, and the bench is giving them nothing. Honestly, Parsons and Harden are the only ones scoring, and Asik on defense. D-Mo gets a foul every time he moves, and no one is guarding the perimeter. Lin is 2-11 with 5 points, and Canaan has only played 5 minutes so far. This is the Raptors, and I don't care if they're the 3 seed.

Well I definitely hope we can hold onto this 4 seed at this point. 5 wouldn't be terrible either as long as it's only the blazers that would pass us. We'll see how the next couple weeks unfold and hopefully Dwight and bev are back and won't be rusty.

Even off a back to back, I don't get a very good feeling facing OKC with Bev & Howard, and possibly TJones out again.

Oklahoma City Thunder (55-19) at Houston Rockets (49-25), 9:30 p.m. (ET)

BY SPORTS NETWORK
THE SPORTS NETWORK
(SportsNetwork.com) - The beast has been slayed.

The beast was a franchise-record 19-game winning streak by the San Antonio Spurs, who were taken down by Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Oklahoma City looks to build on its impressive win Friday against the Houston Rockets in the opener of a four-game road trip at the Toyota Center. OKC handed the Spurs a 106-94 defeat on Thursday and was led by Durant's 28 points and seven rebounds.

Durant has scored at least 25 points in each of the past 39 games, the most since Michael Jordan turned the trick in 40 consecutive games back in 1986-87. Durant last failed to score 25 or more points on Jan. 5 versus Boston.

Russell Westbrook netted 27 points with six assists in Oklahoma City's third straight victory overall and seventh win in the last eight games. Serge Ibaka contributed an 11-point, 12-rebound double-double and Reggie Jackson added 14 points off the bench for the Thunder.

"Our defense was outstanding in the second half," said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. "I thought we started that third quarter really making it tough on them getting good, clean looks. That's one of the hardest things to do against the Spurs."

The Thunder pulled within three games of San Antonio for the West's top seed and will also visit Phoenix, Sacramento and Los Angeles (Clippers). They are 23-12 away from home this season.

Houston is closing in on a playoff spot, but has dropped three in a row since winning five straight.

The losing continued for the Rockets, who dropped a 107-103 decision to the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday up north. The Rockets almost overcame a 20-point hole and were led by James Harden's 26 points. Chandler Parsons added 20 points and Jeremy Lin netted 16 in defeat.

"We just couldn't get stops," Harden said. "The basketball was stuck on the offensive end; turnovers, it was a variety of things that gave them easy points."

Dwight Howard did not play and is still bothered by an ankle issue. He is listed as questionable Friday. Forward Terrence Jones (illness) is also questionable versus the Thunder.

The Rockets will also host Denver on this brief homestand and have a 29-8 record in Space City this season. They are fourth in the Western Conference -- one game ahead of Portland.

Houston is winless (0-3) against Oklahoma City this season and has lost five of the past six meetings between the teams. The Thunder, though, have dropped 13 of the previous 17 matchups in the Lone Star State.

Back
Top Bottom