Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

Yea Kareem has been playing very well until he regressed completely last night. I'm looking at a newspaper right now giving the Texans an overall grade of an F-, and the front page a huge picture of Kareem with his hands up looking for the ball, but James Jones is already making the catch. Those are the type of plays Kareem was making his rookie year and some of his sophomore year. Can't be doing that ****.

I also remember seeing Caldwell got a concussion during the game, I just don't know when it happened.

It was a **** fest from the get.

Defense played like shut and with no energy. JJ and Reem looked lost out there :smh:

When we did have pressure tackles was being missed and with them basically triple teaming Watt someone had to make a ******g play. At least bring 5 :smh:

From that first series I knew it was going to be a long game, 2 passes and then a run on 3rd? Really? You played right into what the packers wanted.

We run run run PA bootleg :smh:

When we ran the hurry up it looked efficient :smh:

Honesty we need to win next week against Bmore, beating up on subpar teams isn't doing anything for anyone.

Antoine Caldwell stinks.

For about 4 weeks now Kareem has been playing at a higher level than JJoe.

I miss Cushing already.

this. caldwell has got to sit. something has to be wrong with JJoe :smh:

Yea Kareem has been playing very well until he regressed completely last night. I'm looking at a newspaper right now giving the Texans an overall grade of an F-, and the front page a huge picture of Kareem with his hands up looking for the ball, but James Jones is already making the catch. Those are the type of plays Kareem was making his rookie year and some of his sophomore year. Can't be doing that ****.

I also remember seeing Caldwell got a concussion during the game, I just don't know when it happened.

well, the packers do that to a lot of people. kareem isn't the first CB A-rod has abused, won't be the last

I'm already over the loss. If they stink it up next week against B-More NT is going to be gunning for us :lol:

I'd rather have a win against B-More for tie-breaker reasons though.

Achilles injury signals end of season for Tim Jamison

For the second straight game, the Texans lost a member of the defensive unit for the remainder of the year.
Defensive end Tim Jamison is out for the season after suffering a torn Achilles tendon in the 42-24 loss to Green Bay.

“I feel bad for Timmy,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “He ended up playing four or five plays and tore his Achilles. He’s worked real hard and was a big positive for us.”

David Hunter, a rookie free agent from the University of Houston, is on the practice squad and could be promoted to replace Jamison.

Guard Antoine Caldwell suffered a concussion against the Packers and was replaced by rookie Ben Jones.

“He’s going through the (NFL’s) concussion protocol,” Kubiak said.

Kubiak said safety Quintin Demps, who missed the last two games after undergoing surgery to repair a broken forearm, could return. Kubiak said he would be day-to-day.

J-Joe injures groin
A lot of questions have been asked after the last two games about cornerback Johnathan Joseph having an injury. He was beaten frequently by Jets and Packers receivers.

“He’s missed a little practice time,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “We’ve given him some Wednesdays off. He’s had some soreness, nothing to keep him from playing. He’s played with it before.

“The biggest thing is we’re about 350 to 400 snaps into this season, and he’s been on the field all the time covering their (opponents) best (receiver). We may have to be smart with him this week and get him to Sunday. We think he’ll be okay.

“It’s something he’s been able to work through before, and, hopefully, he’ll work through it again.”

Must get run game going
The Texans’ running game has been inconsistent. The Texans carried 28 times for 90 yards against Green Bay, a 3.2-yard average per carry.

Arian Foster ran for 29 yards on 17 carries. He averaged 1.7 yards a carry.

“Well it was good last week (Jets) and not worth a darn (against Packers,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “It concerns the heck out of me, but we got behind. We never got it going.

“We can do better up front. We can run better. We can call it better. We got ourselves caught in a different type of game than we want to play. The end result is we’re not running the ball very good at all.

“It’s not going to change how we believe and what we think we have to do to win.”

this might sound very optimistic but can we trade justin forsett to the arizona cardinals and get a draft pick or something?

^You must've saw that on Bleacher report :lol: Personally I'm a little biased towards Forsett since he came from the Hawks, but that really wouldn't be a bad Idea. Not sure how i feel about those other trades they had (Walter/pick for Sydney Rice or Barwin/Pick for Mike Wallace) either.

^You must've saw that on Bleacher report :lol: Personally I'm a little biased towards Forsett since he came from the Hawks, but that really wouldn't be a bad Idea. Not sure how i feel about those other trades they had (Walter/pick for Sydney Rice or Barwin/Pick for Mike Wallace) either.

the other ones were stupid lol, aint no damn team wants to trade for kevin walter

^Their reasoning for Walter/Rice almost fooled me, but then I was like NAAHHH :lol: Carmichael for Kelvin Sheppard seemed like a laterally move, cause Carmichael is low on the depth chart, and I know nothing about Sheppard.

I love that article in the Houston Chronicle trying to make it look like Houston fans ran Jacoby Jones out of town, when he basically ran himself out of town. The writer (Randy Harvey) basically made it seem like him muffing that punt in the playoffs was the sole reason we got rid of him...when in reality, it was his inconsistency, the fact that when you needed him to step up and you placed high expectations on him, he failed time in and time out. Kub gave Jacoby 5 years worth of chances to step up and be THE guy across from Andre Johnson, and the best he did was be a "co-starter" with Kevin Walter. Plain and simple.

I love that article in the Houston Chronicle trying to make it look like Houston fans ran Jacoby Jones out of town, when he basically ran himself out of town. The writer (Randy Harvey) basically made it seem like him muffing that punt in the playoffs was the sole reason we got rid of him...when in reality, it was his inconsistency, the fact that when you needed him to step up and you placed high expectations on him, he failed time in and time out. Kub gave Jacoby 5 years worth of chances to step up and be THE guy across from Andre Johnson, and the best he did was be a "co-starter" with Kevin Walter. Plain and simple.

all they wanted him to do is be a complete receiver, and all he wanted to do is run go routes

Everyone is in love with Jacoby right now, don't worry, he's mental error is going to come up soon, wouldn't suprise me if it was this game :lol:

For real man :lol: People acting like we let Andre or Larry Fitzgerald go to the Ravens or something

WE FINALLY GOT THEM!

Great bounce back win. The defense really played great today after last weeks abysmal performance.
Our special teams are a real concern though.

Dominating effort on both sides of the ball.

I know people are gonna say that Ravens defense is meh, but their offense was healthy :pimp:

Great bounce back win. Right into the Bye, and the bills next week after.

That's how the Texans should be playing every week. This may sound like a broken record, but the offense needs to stop being so predictable like they were for those initial 2-3 series. The defense shouldn't have to always ignite the offense to do things, but those are huge momentum plays and you have to be ready to take them when they come.

JJoe, Watt, Smith, Barwin, and Quin were studs today. Also liked Mercilus being involved in the rotation. Definitely shows he can be an impact guy now instead of later. Other than the drives stalls early on offense, everything clicked much better than the past two weeks. Tate and Foster got the touches they were supposed to, Andre got involved, and both Walter & Daniels made clutch catches throughout. A lot of Texans fans before the season started who've been calling into SportsRadio 610 (and other message boards) were wanting Walter off the team...well, I'm sure they're quiet now cause he's made some fantastic plays. I hate bye weeks, but some of these guys need rest and need to heal up, so it's well deserved.

pregame-2.jpg

bc-10.jpg

bc-11.jpg

bc-12.jpg

bc-14.jpg

bc-15.jpg

bc-2.jpg

bc-5.jpg

bc-6.jpg
bc-9.jpg

tate-ndt.jpg

Dat pick :pimp:
gq-int-ndt.jpg

barwin-kneel-ndt.jpg

schaub-sideline-ndt.jpg

10_0.jpg

11_0.jpg

:lol: Flacco's ribs had to hurt right there
4_0.jpg

7_0.jpg

1_1.jpg

9_0.jpg

2_1.jpg

4_1.jpg
7_1.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
hearing a lot of "this was more of how bad the ravens were than how good the texans were"

bull****

like i said in the WIR, of the ravens 12 offensive series, 7 of them were 3 plays or less. only 3 drives lasting longer than 1:30. we didn't only dominate their beat up defense, we dominated their completely healthy offense.

I just remembered we play on Turkey Day :pimp: but we won't get throw backs ? :nerd:

hearing a lot of "this was more of how bad the ravens were than how good the texans were"

bull****

like i said in the WIR, of the ravens 12 offensive series, 7 of them were 3 plays or less. only 3 drives lasting longer than 1:30. we didn't only dominate their beat up defense, we dominated their completely healthy offense.

Completely agree, but I think everybody saw this coming. Had we lost, it would have been "These are the real Texans like last week, they just can't handle the pressure", and I immediately knew as soon as we won, it would be "These aren't the same Ravens, they were missing Ray" yadda yadda. Oh well, it comes with the territory. these are the same people who purely look at box score stats and strength of schedule lists, as if the NFL is the NCAA.

:lol: throwbacks. I say we roll with the white helmet (that was made but never used) and all-red look, and leave the Lions bloody.

And can anybody see those pics I posted, or is it just my Google Chrome screwing up?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom