How about a Post your MODDED car thread? vol. ?

Originally Posted by danielskshin

hin_anaheim_2009_231.jpg

hinsm09-08.jpg

hinsm09-13.jpg

hinsm09-16.jpg

hin_anaheim_2009_232.jpg

Hi Tomato
smile.gif

wat rims are on that evo???

I3allistic....I'm actually from close to Boone, NC, very northwestern corner of the state. I don't have pictures of my LR's on this computer, butI'll post some as soon as i get to them. The only "modded" one was the old Range. lol. But there are "rumors" of a US release of a newDefender in the next couple years. I WILL have me one. lol. There's a guy close to me that has 3 Defender 110s, the 4 door ones. One is a right hand drivethat he had imported. Crazy. I like the FJ's too man, but they won't hold a candle to a LR off road.

im convinced that i absolutely need that blue on my car....whats the color code of the paint on that blue M3
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by Foamposite

If youre excluding window tint might as well exclude rims as well...
How does this even make any sense? Window tinting is $100-200. Wheels, add another 0 at least for a decent used set, add 2 0's for baller status wheels.

I'd post up, but haven't got a new mod in over a year. I don't even give a crap about the car anymore.
laugh.gif
Because window tint and rims don't make your car faster? Maybe a little better traction if you get wider wheels/tires, but that's it? Maybe the thread should have been more specific. Post a picture of your PERFORMANCE MODDED car.

Here is my old Camaro that is long since gone, and the last car I would ever bother modding:

Lingenfelter Cold Air Intake
Hypertech Air Foil
Edelbrock Headers
Magnaflow Catalytic Converter
Holley Competition Cat-Back Exhaust

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by wj4

How does this even make any sense? Window tinting is $100-200. Wheels, add another 0 at least for a decent used set, add 2 0's for baller status wheels.

I'd post up, but haven't got a new mod in over a year. I don't even give a crap about the car anymore.
laugh.gif
Because window tint and rims don't make your car faster? Maybe a little better traction if you get wider wheels/tires, but that's it? Maybe the thread should have been more specific. Post a picture of your PERFORMANCE MODDED car.
indifferent.gif

Its a post your Modded car thread, does not have to be performance modifications.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif

Neither do bike racks or body kits, but people are posting them up.
laugh.gif

Rims can be, and are, a performance modification.

If you dont know that, you shouldn't be in a thread talking about modifications...

Originally Posted by THockey66

If you dont know that, you shouldn't be in a thread talking about modifications...
In the realm of the cars we are discussing here, not so much. An IS 350 is not going to see serious performance gains by upgrading from the stockwheels.

On certain cars, yes, wider wheels will give the car better traction, and make it easier to lay down power.

On an IS350? Those wheels don't do anything for performance. So yes, rims CAN be, but aren't always a performance modification.

The majority of people that buy rims on here, are doing it for appearance, not performance.

cant help to see a modded car post and not post.....well heres my money pit....

MOD list:
- engine -
GST motorsports stage 2 built block ( forged JE pistons,100mm overbore,darton sleeves,termal coated rings, computer balanced crankshaft)
CNC ported heads
garett GT3076R .82 turbo
perrin down pipe
perrin uppipe w/ external wastegate bunge
borla XR-1 cat back
perrin crank pulley
perrin super stealth front mount intercooler
perrin fuel rails
tial 44mm external wastegate
tial 50mm blow off valve
ported TGV's
cobb version 1 accessport ACT 6 puck racing clutch
ACT lite flywheel
HKS electronic valve controller
blitz turbo timer
walbro fuel pump
paranoid fabrications grounding kit

PE 850CC injectors
- suspension -
KW variant 3 coilovers
hotchkin front sways
hotchkin rear sways
perrin endlinks
cusco front tower strut
cusco rear carbon fiber strut

-exterior -
seibon carbon fiber hood
seibon carbon fiber trunk
jdm STi silver badge
deleated fron grill
enkei RPF1's
michilen PS2's/BF goodrich gforce KDW type 2
sparco hood pins

ehhh im sure iam missing a few things here and there but for the most part i got all of it. made 378 AWHP and 370TQ on pump gas and made 447AWHP and 450TQ on100 octane now i cant decide if i wanna use methanol or convert to E85... tell you the truth iam tired of modding this thing.... its more of a pain now thatiam older. i get profiled and i dont even street race lol... ive thought about selling but i dunno anyone who would buy such a modded car lol....

Originally Posted by THockey66

In the realm of the cars we are discussing here, not so much. An IS 350 is not going to see serious performance gains by upgrading from the stock wheels.

On certain cars, yes, wider wheels will give the car better traction, and make it easier to lay down power.

On an IS350? Those wheels don't do anything for performance. So yes, rims CAN be, but aren't always a performance modification.

The majority of people that buy rims on here, are doing it for appearance, not performance.
laugh.gif
dude, c'mon. lighter wheels will increase the performance of the IS, because it decreases body weight. every second counts.

neverDS, long time dude!

In the realm of the cars we are discussing here, not so much. An IS 350 is not going to see serious performance gains by upgrading from the stock wheels.

Wheels are unsprung weight. If you lose 10lbs per wheel, which is quite easy, it will have a a much larger effect on vehicle performance thandropping 40lbs of say sound deadening or body panels, which is sprung weight. The rotational mass of a wheel plays a huge factor in performance. You can seeimprovements in braking, effectiveness of the suspension, handling , and acceleration just by switching wheels. Better gas mileage can even be achieved.
laugh.gif

Obviously the effects are based on how drastic the reduction in weight is. You'll also see much better gains in a low(er) powered car such as a Hondacompared to a Mustang/Corvette/Etc.

Yes, i agree. However, there are some advantages in switching, besides looks, to be had.

yeah dude i havent really posted much lol..... i see your evo tho looks like its comming along nice.

Back
Top Bottom