How can I keep a stubborn friend from drunk driving?

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Sad sorry wedtcoast. I hope u ain't getting hit hard with guilt feeling
yehh very sad
tired.gif

at times it does...but at some point we know we tried our hardest to prevent it

he really did care for that girl

Originally Posted by Moderate Gatsby

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Call 911 next time he is about to drive... a DUI > Killing an innocent person in a wreck

It might be a tough thing to do, but in the end, he will thank you

laugh.gif
You must not interact with human beings often..A DUI is not just a slap on the wrist. That can really ++!! you over, especially if you're an young adult. There's no way his friend will be thanking him.
I meant call 911 next time he is ABOUT to drive.  As in, have the cops on speaker phone and tell them his plate # and address of where he will be leaving, no matter how drunk I was if one of my friends picked up the phone in front of me and called 911 best believe I would not get behind the wheel.
I did not mean to rat him out on a DUI.  That is a very expensive process and really ruins background checks for future career opportunities. 

When he starts to get trippy from the drinks tell him that you need to get something from his car. Get the keys and let him continue making a show. When he asks for the keys tell em you gave em back and he should look for them or get a cab...Depending on how wasted he gets, you can repeat this procedure as many times as requested...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

let him have a wreck
stupid, stupid answer...don't even let him get that far.

a true coward is a druken driver
sick.gif
makes me sick
smh.gif

take his keys...with or without consent and DO NOT give them back!!!

oh really?

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Call 911 next time he is about to drive... a DUI > Killing an innocent person in a wreck

It might be a tough thing to do, but in the end, he will thank you
no he wont
laugh.gif

You should never have to lay hands on your friends to get them to not drive drunk. It should never get to that point. If you are asked by somebody (who is also intoxicated) if you're okay to drive...you shouldn't be driving nevermind holding keys.
laugh.gif
If somebody has to go the EXTRA mile to hide another GROWN persons keys because they can't be responsible while getting trashed...that's a problem. Too many things can pop off as is when your drunk and nobody needs to be worrying about other people when your senses are off like that.

I say never get in the car with him if he's drunk OR you should always drive to the party so that if he tries to come at you for the keys you can fight back on the principal that it's your car=your responsibility.

I know someone who is somewhat similar. The thing is though he paid for his car and doesn't let anyone else drive it so he never gives up his keys. He's been doing it for so long though and only recently got a DUI. Maybe someday it'll sink in to him, but for now we just don't kick it like that nemore.

talk to him about it before drinking starts and get his keys before hand.

this can be tricky if he's an angry drunk
smh.gif

some people are just hardheaded and gotta learn the hard way.

Update...

I got back from Spring Break today and went out to the bars with the same guy I was talking about in OP. We were with a bunch of friends and I described the situation the other night, and everyone agreed that he needs to stop driving like that. He again, typically said "I was fine"... but everyone was just like
smh.gif

Next time he tries this stunt I am blocking the door... I couldn't live with myself if something terrible happens and I know that I could have prevented it
indifferent.gif

btw the event that I described in the OP, dude drank 3/4 of a liter of Disarronno and 3-4 Budweiser cans... IMO way too drunk to drive, no matter who you are. He is about 6'3" and 170.
Originally Posted by Jking0821

how about get new friends.

I know that it's easy to say this as an anonymous observer, but I've been best friends with this guy since 5th grade. We are juniors in college now and still great buddies, there is just this one, large flaw. I'm trying to fix it.

take his keys "give me your keys"

"No"

Take his pants "give me your pants"

"ok"

hooray beer!

seriously, though. Just take his keys every time.

Back
Top Bottom