How come athletic NBA players dont put up good D on superstars?

out of all the people you named josh smith is the only one who play D# I have seen dude murder shots of the back board

If you're tall and athletic, there should be no reason that you aren't a good shot blockler

I usually don't bother to mention anything about these things but... What the hell did you just ask?!!?? There's no possible way you typed that, readit, and thought it was a coherent sentence.

I usually don't bother to mention anything about these things but... What the hell did you just ask?!!?? There's no possible way you typed that, readit, and thought it was a coherent sentence.

Cuz of all the pansy rules in the NBA. God forbid you put a hand on a superstar and the refs don't blow the whistle.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The thread is a lot better if you read the title with a borat voice.
roll.gif

Well done!

I think its a couple things.
-dont care about D
-superstars are obviously athletic as well, making it harder
-big vertical does not mean easier to block shots. it takes dwight like 2 and a half feet to pin a layup at 12 feet, and takes vc like 36 inches. getting upthat high takes a while and is not always easy to time or jump that high with no run up. tall guys got it easier.

I view D as more anticipating where the guy is moving or what move is he gonna do.
At 6'3 I can get the top of the square, but I still have 5'7 dudes laying it up or shooting over me. it just aint that simple i guess (im trash at dbtw)

Just because they can do fancy dunks doesn't mean they can play lockdown defense.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

they dont want to get embarassed, you have to want to play d and take it as a personal challenge
Some people just cannot play defense.

No matter how athletic they are

All of the athletic ability in the world is wasted on defense if you don't apply it.That's like having the winning lottery ticket but refuse to cash it in>

Back
Top Bottom