How do I connect my Mac OSX to the Xbox 360 Media center?

Hey, what's up guys. I decided that I wanted to connect my Mac to my 360, because I listen to a lot of music and watch a lot of videos. So, I figured why not do all this on using my 360 while on my 40' HDTV? But I came across a problem. When I went into the 360 setting and went into the Media Center tab, it sent me to a link for PC operating systems. How do I connect using a Mac?

I've done some research and it some people are telling me to use this program called, "Connect360", but it also said that in order to use this, your files must be WAV or WMA/WMV files. Is this true?

I have a lot of FLAC and MP3 files, as well as MKV's for my HD stuff.

How can I connect my Mac to the 360 using Media Center and still be able to play all those files??

Thanks for the help guys!

Hey, what's up guys. I decided that I wanted to connect my Mac to my 360, because I listen to a lot of music and watch a lot of videos. So, I figured why not do all this on using my 360 while on my 40' HDTV? But I came across a problem. When I went into the 360 setting and went into the Media Center tab, it sent me to a link for PC operating systems. How do I connect using a Mac?

I've done some research and it some people are telling me to use this program called, "Connect360", but it also said that in order to use this, your files must be WAV or WMA/WMV files. Is this true?

I have a lot of FLAC and MP3 files, as well as MKV's for my HD stuff.

How can I connect my Mac to the 360 using Media Center and still be able to play all those files??

Thanks for the help guys!

it won't work. your best bet is to either use an external application like Rivit, Connect360, or Playback...or use something like Plex as your media server altgother. I say you ditch even trying to bridge the 360 to the computer and do it with Plex...You'll be afforded more options

it won't work. your best bet is to either use an external application like Rivit, Connect360, or Playback...or use something like Plex as your media server altgother. I say you ditch even trying to bridge the 360 to the computer and do it with Plex...You'll be afforded more options

LOL what a coincidence.
Yesterday I was thinking the same thing but then I was like ain't Bill and Steve rivals?
So I just transfered tv shows/movies to my external/portable hard drive and hooked it up to my 360.
All my mp4/avi files worked except for mkv.
Full HD.
eek.gif

Might cop a PS3 anyone use theirs for watching media not bluray?
As in transfering movies/shows to the PS3 itself and watching on your tv?
nerd.gif

LOL what a coincidence.
Yesterday I was thinking the same thing but then I was like ain't Bill and Steve rivals?
So I just transfered tv shows/movies to my external/portable hard drive and hooked it up to my 360.
All my mp4/avi files worked except for mkv.
Full HD.
eek.gif

Might cop a PS3 anyone use theirs for watching media not bluray?
As in transfering movies/shows to the PS3 itself and watching on your tv?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

What's Plex?
http://www.plexapp.com/
a fully customizable OSX media server that will handle any file you throw at it. Some of the setups people have are 
a682546eba992a192e2ef8537e89de6be924b77.gif

You can set it to show al your movies with ratings, movie info, posters, and a bunch of other things. It handles music too. You would just need to link your computer to your TV somehow whether that be remotely or via HDMI

What's Plex?
a fully customizable OSX media server that will handle any file you throw at it. Some of the setups people have are 

You can set it to show al your movies with ratings, movie info, posters, and a bunch of other things. It handles music too. You would just need to link your computer to your TV somehow whether that be remotely or via HDMI

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

What's Plex?

I have a Macbook Pro 15'. I only have a display port in here. Do you know how I can connect my computer to my TV wirelessly? I want to use Plex, especially for the main reason to playback MKV files on my TV.

What's Plex?

I have a Macbook Pro 15'. I only have a display port in here. Do you know how I can connect my computer to my TV wirelessly? I want to use Plex, especially for the main reason to playback MKV files on my TV.

What's Plex?

what model 15"? 2009? 2010? PM me if you want and i can give you specifics. They have HDMI-to-DisplayPort but depending on the year it was released, it may or may not carry audio and video

What's Plex?

what model 15"? 2009? 2010? PM me if you want and i can give you specifics. They have HDMI-to-DisplayPort but depending on the year it was released, it may or may not carry audio and video

It's the 2010 model, but not the one that just came out a few months ago. It's a 2.8 core 2 duo processor.

It's the 2010 model, but not the one that just came out a few months ago. It's a 2.8 core 2 duo processor.

http://www.monoprice.com/...=10246&cs_id=1024603
order yourself one of those (they're all the same model..just different lengths). It will let you plug up your computer as an HDMI source via your displayport input on your computer. Install plex, let it read your hard drive and you'll have a media center in no time. The 2010 models can play both audio and video via DisplayPort so you won't need any other cable

http://www.monoprice.com/...=10246&cs_id=1024603
order yourself one of those (they're all the same model..just different lengths). It will let you plug up your computer as an HDMI source via your displayport input on your computer. Install plex, let it read your hard drive and you'll have a media center in no time. The 2010 models can play both audio and video via DisplayPort so you won't need any other cable

i do it all the time...rivet is the way to go works great streaming all my .avi and xvid files

i do it all the time...rivet is the way to go works great streaming all my .avi and xvid files

just use PS3 Media Server (works with 360) for your videos (including mkv) only thing is I haven't been able to get my music working.

All you have to do is have your Mac & 360 on the same network. Make sure both are hooked up to your router with an Ethernet cord or else HD playback will be really slow.

download

Back
Top Bottom