How do people still buy Jordans these days?

I ask myself the same question.. Not because of quality n price (because the sneakers/shoes I wear cost more than Jordans anyway)... but because I grew out of that style... To each his own though. Jordans just doesn't look good with my style of clothing anymore. I remember when I was a big Jordan brand head... they sold out in a matter of minutes... But now when I'm at a mall... I see Jordans available in all stores for all sizes... I must not be the only one that feels J's are a little corny now...::shrugs shoulders::

The only time I rock them anymore is when I'm running to the supermarket with some sweats on... I go find some oldies but goodies... n throw em on

Other than that... ehhhh I'll pass

I ask myself the same question.. Not because of quality n price (because the sneakers/shoes I wear cost more than Jordans anyway)... but because I grew out of that style... To each his own though. Jordans just doesn't look good with my style of clothing anymore. I remember when I was a big Jordan brand head... they sold out in a matter of minutes... But now when I'm at a mall... I see Jordans available in all stores for all sizes... I must not be the only one that feels J's are a little corny now...::shrugs shoulders::

The only time I rock them anymore is when I'm running to the supermarket with some sweats on... I go find some oldies but goodies... n throw em on

Other than that... ehhhh I'll pass

Jordan Brand realized long ago that they could get away with lesser materials on the retros due to few people wearing them for actual Basketball games. They are completely relying on the "fashion" aspect of the shoes. The LeBrons on the other hand are actively worn by a current NBA player and are meant for real play. Wait until they start to retro the LeBrons and this thread will pop up in 10 years or so. With all that said, I haven't bought a retro in a couple years. The price increases are just ridiculous. I have bought every Bron since the II though. Great shoes to play in.

Jordan Brand realized long ago that they could get away with lesser materials on the retros due to few people wearing them for actual Basketball games. They are completely relying on the "fashion" aspect of the shoes. The LeBrons on the other hand are actively worn by a current NBA player and are meant for real play. Wait until they start to retro the LeBrons and this thread will pop up in 10 years or so. With all that said, I haven't bought a retro in a couple years. The price increases are just ridiculous. I have bought every Bron since the II though. Great shoes to play in.

Originally Posted by UptownsDotNetStacky

Originally Posted by iYen

So they can impress other dudes.
roll.gif
This makes 0 sense but alright 
#WhoHurtYou

For me, the prices being raised and the horrible quality has stopped me. I refuse to pay 150+ for shoes that feel and look like crap. I haven't been to Jordan release, but I also refuse to wait in line for shoes that I could've walked into a store and buy 10 years ago.

For me, the prices being raised and the horrible quality has stopped me. I refuse to pay 150+ for shoes that feel and look like crap. I haven't been to Jordan release, but I also refuse to wait in line for shoes that I could've walked into a store and buy 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

This is not about Jordan shoes, this is about the problem involving spending money on inferior products. I see some of these shoes nowadays and I'm disgusted in the prices, even more when you realize the quality is
sick.gif
. I wish dudes would wake up.

Originally Posted by SCOTTY PIMPIN

This is not about Jordan shoes, this is about the problem involving spending money on inferior products. I see some of these shoes nowadays and I'm disgusted in the prices, even more when you realize the quality is
sick.gif
. I wish dudes would wake up.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Because they can...
ohwell.gif

TheEmperor45 wrote:
Because they want to.

I'm saying. Thats all there is to it. 

A lot of you dudes need to get over this "quality" #!**. They're just sneakers. Its not like I'm wearing these shoes to work, or plan on having them years down the line. They're a short term $150 investment because I liked them as a child. 

And half the dudes complaining don't even wear their shoes. They have shrines in their houses dedicated to shoes they they'll keep deadstock forever. So why complain? Its not like you're wearing them. 

Its easy for the normal people not to complain about Jordans. You know why? Because they have other shoes for REAL purposes. 

I can understand if you wear Jordans on the court, but lets be real, 75% of NT is not athletic. And the cats that are athletic, well... We are all well aware that retro Jordans are the worst to hoop in. 

Either nut up or shut up. But stop complaining. Its not a good look for a dude. 

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Because they can...
ohwell.gif

TheEmperor45 wrote:
Because they want to.

I'm saying. Thats all there is to it. 

A lot of you dudes need to get over this "quality" #!**. They're just sneakers. Its not like I'm wearing these shoes to work, or plan on having them years down the line. They're a short term $150 investment because I liked them as a child. 

And half the dudes complaining don't even wear their shoes. They have shrines in their houses dedicated to shoes they they'll keep deadstock forever. So why complain? Its not like you're wearing them. 

Its easy for the normal people not to complain about Jordans. You know why? Because they have other shoes for REAL purposes. 

I can understand if you wear Jordans on the court, but lets be real, 75% of NT is not athletic. And the cats that are athletic, well... We are all well aware that retro Jordans are the worst to hoop in. 

Either nut up or shut up. But stop complaining. Its not a good look for a dude. 

It's what's in. All the kids eat them up because they think it's whats popular. Most of the time they have no clue what a shoe is and they say they are just getting the "new" jordans.

It's what's in. All the kids eat them up because they think it's whats popular. Most of the time they have no clue what a shoe is and they say they are just getting the "new" jordans.

I think everyone has that one hobby that they waste money on, and there's nothin wrong with that

I think everyone has that one hobby that they waste money on, and there's nothin wrong with that

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Furrell

Everyone is raising prices from milk to Polo Ralph Lauren. Does that mean you'll stop buying those products?
This.  OP, your grandparents and parents can make the same argument about the prices of products and services going up, while the quality goes down.  This is not a new phenomenon, and it's not exclusive to Jordan (pun intended). 

You're missing the point. He is talking about prices going up and quality going down. It would be like if they waited until milk was about to expire and put it on the shelfs and if Ralph Lauren downgraded to the quality of Chaps and still had the same price

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Furrell

Everyone is raising prices from milk to Polo Ralph Lauren. Does that mean you'll stop buying those products?
This.  OP, your grandparents and parents can make the same argument about the prices of products and services going up, while the quality goes down.  This is not a new phenomenon, and it's not exclusive to Jordan (pun intended). 

You're missing the point. He is talking about prices going up and quality going down. It would be like if they waited until milk was about to expire and put it on the shelfs and if Ralph Lauren downgraded to the quality of Chaps and still had the same price

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

complaining is not a good thing? I wish I was a part of JB.. They have it easy when complainers get called out.. Sickening attitude some of ya'll present.. I can BUY or not BUY something and still present valid claims as to how inferior they are.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

complaining is not a good thing? I wish I was a part of JB.. They have it easy when complainers get called out.. Sickening attitude some of ya'll present.. I can BUY or not BUY something and still present valid claims as to how inferior they are.

Back
Top Bottom