how do people survive off of minimum wage?

It comes down to paying the necessities like rent, lights, ect. Forget about having cable, let the gaming console of your choice and DVDs be your entertainment.  That Top Ramen does justice too.

The worse part is people who are on minimum wage jobs like the person you're talking about and have kids. 

Don't they know kids are ******g expensive? I swear I don't understand humans sometimes 

I make 13 n some change n my bm makes 12 something and that **** seems like min wage to us. I can only feel for someone takin care of a family on min wage

I did a quick run through and it leaves $600 dollars left for whatever. Thats after bills and $300 of cloths every year. Only if you don't pay taxs and work 40 hours a week every week. I can't see it happening with kids.

Selling weed, my supervisor from my last job used to do that. Minimum wage + selling weed + government assistance = dude not having a care in the world. Its not like he'll ever have more than 100K, oh well...
He was a supervisor and still only made minimum wage?

**** I got a kid I'm 21 I make $9.25 a hour and clear just over 200 on a good week after taxes and $69.23 a week in child support ***** hard Forreal but I still make it buy my own kicks and own my own car... I always wondered how people make it but its all will power motivation is key

Like they said, literally living to go to work. The minimum wage is not a living wage, period. Gotta have government assistance to even continue to exist. It's ******g crazy to think about people living like that while gainfully and legally employed full-time in the richest, highest-profile country in known human existence.

People still shop at Sears???

This is why I don't have any sort of problem with dudes who hustle/sell what they gotta sell you feel me?

Demographically speaking, 90% of certain areas would hardly even qualify for minimum wage positions. Dem crack dreams is all too real 
mean.gif

I barely make it

good thing my job is chill and I work 32 hours. By working 32 hours I enjoy more free time and make enough to pay my bills. I feel its best of both worlds. I chill at work then have an extra 8 hours of me time. Money is important but I rather be relaxed and stress free.

It should be interesting when I enter uni. But after I graduate I should have enough money to buy stupid **** and go out and have real fun. I still have fun with the lack of funds so when I do get the loot I deserve then it's going to be heaven. Not in a hurry cause I know its coming. I rather be free than work all day.

Last edited:
**** I got a kid I'm 21 I make $9.25 a hour and clear just over 200 on a good week after taxes and $69.23 a week in child support ***** hard Forreal but I still make it buy my own kicks and own my own car... I always wondered how people make it but its all will power motivation is key

damn I'm probably one of the most heartless dudes on this message board, but I feel for you kid.

Then again you're only 21 don't make any more mistakes (especially kids) and go get the skills for jobs in need cause no matter what these people saying it's cutthroat out there and businesses now don't want somebody to work for them for $30 years plus.

They outsourcing, cutting back, hiring part time or not at all. They say 40% of americans work at retail jobs and recent grads find out their degree isn't worth the paper it's written on.

This is not the old america land of opportunity that all the baby boomers harp about all the time.

Damn I feel bad for someone of you. I don't know how people living off that with a family.

Cut spending,live within their means,dont use money they dont have,budget,gov assistance

Horrible existence. Work,eat, home ,sleep,repeat cycle.

No money for fun,going out,luxuries.

Feel for the people on the REAL grind
tired.gif

Drugs. Real simple when you dont have to leave work to serve. Easier than it sounds, but 7.25 is a joke i would be locced up if i was making that.

When I was in school I worked full time for this grocery store. My manager was making a salary equaling out to $7.50/hr for a 40 hour week.....but was working 50+ hours. She worked super hard and probably ended up with a check less than $200 each week. No fun, still short on bills, waking up to go to this terrible place to listen to people who don't work tell you how lucky you are to have a job, literally getting yelled at by customers.

I barely make it

good thing my job is chill and I work 32 hours. By working 32 hours I enjoy more free time and make enough to pay my bills. I feel its best of both worlds. I chill at work then have an extra 8 hours of me time. Money is important but I rather be relaxed and stress free.

It should be interesting when I enter uni. But after I graduate I should have enough money to buy stupid **** and go out and have real fun. I still have fun with the lack of funds so when I do get the loot I deserve then it's going to be heaven. Not in a hurry cause I know its coming. I rather be free than work all day.
That's exactly how I feel. I prefer 32 hours instead of 40. More time off felt way better, I didn't care it cost me a little bit of money the extra free time was more important. I was making $15/hour and it felt tough. Commuting to the city was killing me.

I worked @ Amazon during the holiday's & made $11.50 an hour & $17.25 (overtime) working 55 hour weeks = $500-$600 every Friday.

Looking for another warehouse job & I'm not taking anything less than $11/$12 an hour.

Making that kind of money, even for a month or two & going back to $7.50...NEVER!

Back
Top Bottom