How Do You Feel Comfortable Celebrating the 4th of July If You're Black?

Who celebrates Independence Day?

Having a cookout, going to see some fireworks or enjoying the day off is celebrating?

Do you ever see any black people with American flag **** up? I was talking to my cousin and she was like I don't even know where to buy a flags in response to a neighbors house being adorned.
Just like Xmas. I don’t care about no white American Jesus. Just give me presents. White American Jesus is a *****

bigger problem than what day we fire up the grill is that we need more days on which to fire up grills in general.

40 hour-5 day work week is mostly bull****, let's get us some more free time. I'd be comfortable with that.
How would your Black self feel about getting the day off and getting paid on National Confederate day?

The pettiness of pointing that out to the "this is my heritage" folks to watch them melt down is worth considering it.

No I don’t, Inever told anyone not to celebrate the 4th. I’ve just sat it out & “no thank you” invites w/ little to no explained reason why. If anything last night was the most vocal I’ve been in regards to my views on “Independence Day”, so don’t do that.

Reading the comments from this TikTok it seems like most don't think too deep into it. It's just another day off to relax, eat, and watch fireworks.

I'm not going around texting or telling people Happy Independence Day. I don't think grilling some food and kickin it with some friends/family on a day off is "celebrating" though. It ain't like we pulling up wearing American flags playing the national anthem or something :lol:

I'm black. My household barbecued early. We ate delicious food. A few hours later, I went to my WHITE colonizer friend's house (his dad is a retired cop and the whole family avidly watches fox news). And I took my Mexican gf and my half "mulatto" daughter. And even though I stereotypically can't swim, my daughter had the BEST time swimming in their pool with their WHITE children, eating VANILLA ice cream, running around with sparklers and watching fireworks. And no one cracked offensive jokes. Even though grandma complained about Biden and some fireworks issues at mt. Rushmore, she still tapped her feet while the stereo played popular rap music of a successful Canadian immigrant. No one made us feel second class. They just complimented me multiple times on my daughter and we talked about various topics while enjoying drinks like responsible adults.

From our experience yesterday, my daughter already has fun memories of the holiday that I didn't grow up having in childhood. This kind of thing could happen in lot's of countries. But knowing the history of this country, this IS progress. Not cancel culture. By teaching... More accurately by BEING inclusion to the next generation, we make the future brighter. I and my guests were welcomed into these people's home off the strength of one friendship. One formed at a neighborhood high school that is considered "not good" because of the percentage of black students. If you're too woke to break bread with the other side, you are apart of the problem. On july 4th no one should be ashamed of the flag. Because if they never scribbled on that paper that men should be free and equal, whether or not they even believed it. The world would be even worse than it is now. English imperialism pretty much started this Era, and the colonists took on that superpower and proved that unjust global tyrannies don't have superpowers.

I certainly could say they're home is bigger than mine and has a pool and yada yada because of slave labor and prison industrial complex and blah blah. But they don't care. They don't feel responsible and these people never will. All they know is their own experience has been good and they are happy to share it with me in celebration. We have 364 other days to be ashamed the state of America and at least 10 home games to kneel and piss off "Patriots". Holidays are for the kids... to pass on and even improve the culture. That is the time to do it and I hope next year we barbecue on juneteenth and invite white people to have fun WITH us. Not watch us having fun. Don't complain about the dance as a wall flower. You have to get out your shell to experience it properly.

I am going to call a spade a spade, y’all throwing up walls of texts to decorate the fact that y’all have been fully indoctrinated.

Put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself where do you see your oppressors any where in history celebrating their victory of their enemy ?

I don’t fault those for taking the path of least resistance when it comes to leisure, but I wouldn’t act like it‘s some dignified thing to do.

Paid day off, fam/friend time, good food, outdoor fun

I’m fine without the fireworks cuz I have a dog that panics (the other doesn’t care) and I hate seeing that s... in my yard the next day

Basically the same goes for Thanksgiving

I'm black. My household barbecued early. We ate delicious food. A few hours later, I went to my WHITE colonizer friend's house (his dad is a retired cop and the whole family avidly watches fox news). And I took my Mexican gf and my half "mulatto" daughter. And even though I stereotypically can't swim, my daughter had the BEST time swimming in their pool with their WHITE children, eating VANILLA ice cream, running around with sparklers and watching fireworks. And no one cracked offensive jokes. Even though grandma complained about Biden and some fireworks issues at mt. Rushmore, she still tapped her feet while the stereo played popular rap music of a successful Canadian immigrant. No one made us feel second class. They just complimented me multiple times on my daughter and we talked about various topics while enjoying drinks like responsible adults.

From our experience yesterday, my daughter already has fun memories of the holiday that I didn't grow up having in childhood. This kind of thing could happen in lot's of countries. But knowing the history of this country, this IS progress. Not cancel culture. By teaching... More accurately by BEING inclusion to the next generation, we make the future brighter. I and my guests were welcomed into these people's home off the strength of one friendship. One formed at a neighborhood high school that is considered "not good" because of the percentage of black students. If you're too woke to break bread with the other side, you are apart of the problem. On july 4th no one should be ashamed of the flag. Because if they never scribbled on that paper that men should be free and equal, whether or not they even believed it. The world would be even worse than it is now. English imperialism pretty much started this Era, and the colonists took on that superpower and proved that unjust global tyrannies don't have superpowers.

I certainly could say they're home is bigger than mine and has a pool and yada yada because of slave labor and prison industrial complex and blah blah. But they don't care. They don't feel responsible and these people never will. All they know is their own experience has been good and they are happy to share it with me in celebration. We have 364 other days to be ashamed the state of America and at least 10 home games to kneel and piss off "Patriots". Holidays are for the kids... to pass on and even improve the culture. That is the time to do it and I hope next year we barbecue on juneteenth and invite white people to have fun WITH us. Not watch us having fun. Don't complain about the dance as a wall flower. You have to get out your shell to experience it properly.
So in short, you're 3 of the good ones to that family? Like yeah we'll invite u over to swim in our pool ray ray ray, but we'll do everything else against your best interest. Please know that I have take no issue w/ u being happy about your situation, and u should be since you're okay w/ it. But I'm not about to act like I think this stockholm pov is the "American Dream".

There's like way better white ppl in this country that'll stand w/ u & vote w/ your best interest at heart nor will they cape for racism & promote the myth of "cancel culture" when u they're called out for some wild ****. Hell, the won't even do anything wild enoough to get "cancelled." This site alone has some pretty cool white people that I like. Now the bigots? Not so much, and I take issue w/ you stating that I'm "apart of the problem" for not rocking w/ racist.

How would your Black self feel about getting the day off and getting paid on National Confederate day?

The pettiness of pointing that out to the "this is my heritage" folks to watch them melt down is worth considering it.

skipping over the fact that celebrating the short-lived CSA in America is like having a Nazi Night at Oktoberfest, it seems like every day is a little bit Confederate Day in this **** *** country, I'd be cool finally getting paid for it...**** it, say it out loud.

damn sure couldn't catch me at an actual Confederate Day party tho.

Last edited:

So the solution to white supremacy is going to a bbq with white people, got it.

Back
Top Bottom