How do you keep your room clean?

Every couple weeks, I always seem to have to do a massive room cleaning. It's not trash or dirty clothing, but I have a huge pile of clean clothes that moves back and forth from my bed to my desk chair. Plus I always have a ton of papers from work, mail and magazines on my floor that I need to organize. It just seems like I have too much STUFF in my room.

So NT, how do you guys keep your room clean? Every day? Do you have a system?

For some strange, unforeseen reason, no matter how tidy I clean my room, it will always end up looking like a hurricane hit or something after a week... I need suggestions 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by FOG

For some strange, unforeseen reason, no matter how tidy I clean my room, it will always end up looking like a hurricane hit or something after a week... I need suggestions 
ohwell.gif
THIS.

I forever have the feeling of, what the hell, I swear I just cleaned up. How can my room look like this so quickly?

Originally Posted by breakin necks

have your mom do it... duh

This.
I cannot see how OP thought this was a serious question to ask
laugh.gif
@ OP cleaning his own room
roll.gif
laugh.gif
dummy

You just sound lazy. Clothes that go to bed from desk chair to back to the bed... I wonder how that happens!! If you need space, I guess buy organizers or a filing cabinet for all your documents?

Actuallly keeping my place clean? I try to do one thing everyday (laundry, vacuuming, cleaning surfaces, etc.)

I always hang and fold my clothes as soon as they come out of the laundry room. I can't stand clutter or wrinkly clothes. All shoes boxes are neatly put on a shelf. When clothes or shoes aren't being used they're hanged or put back in their box immediately. On top of my dresser is a bottle of lotion, wallet, keys, deodorant, cologne, watch case, and a tube of Carmex. There's nothing on my headboard except a single lamp and my cell phone.

easy answer for me.

i dont.

probably my #1 source of stress. my wife is a closet pack rat. it doesnt help that she works in advertising so she gets free magazines for work (to see what her ads look like when they run in the issue). Sure its nice to effectively have a free subscription to SI, ESPN, Sporting News, Complex, Maxim, and QB, but along with that comes with every issue of I shizz you not... 12 different food/womens/fashion/home magazines. Its disgusting. I think I throw away ATLEAST 30+LBs of magazines each month. Sometimes it leads to arguments about "Hey I was going to read that!" B! No you werent! That issue is effin 2 months old and you havent even touched this months issue!

Easiest way to keep your area clean is to just toss everything. Dont collect or amass stuff you arent going to need.

Go buy a decent scanning device.

All financial documents (bills, statements, etc...) scan em in, save em to an external drive if you are paranoid about keeping it on your actual computer (USB thumb drive for example). Then shred the originals.

Work related paperwork? do the same thing if you can

Magazines? Read and dump. Are you really going to go back to that 6 month old issue at a later time?

The clothes? Buy a new dresser or go buy a buncha hangers and start hanging stuff up. I am guilty of this as well. Since the wife claimed the entire master closet as her own domain, All of my stuff is relegated to the guest bedroom and that closet. As such, the guest bedroom including the bed in there has become my closet (I hardly ever have guests over, and when my buddies drunkenly pass out at my house they usually just sleep on the couch downstairs). Atleast once a month I will take some time off on a lazy Saturday to just fold or hang everything. Sure it might take 45 min or so, but its worth it.

If you are still living with your parents, it may not be a viable option, but GET A MAID... seriously. BEST $80/mo I EVER SPENT. I'm not rich like Jumpmankb so I only have them come once a month instead of weekly or twice a month. I will do some general upkeep cleaning every week or other week until they come, and usually thats enough to keep my house from falling into shambles.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

You just sound lazy. Clothes that go to bed from desk chair to back to the bed... I wonder how that happens!! If you need space, I guess buy organizers or a filing cabinet for all your documents?

Actuallly keeping my place clean? I try to do one thing everyday (laundry, vacuuming, cleaning surfaces, etc.)
I mean, I'm lazy in the organizational sense, but not really that lazy overall. I bust my %#% all day at work, so it's kind of a bummer to come home and have to clean. Yes, my immaturity is showing.

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna try that.

Originally Posted by limonyfresh

Put everything back in it's place after you're done. Always easier to prevent than fix.
nerd.gif
Good idea.

Mom or sister clean it most of the time, if they don't I do it myself. Just put everything where it belongs, If something goes in the wrong place or it's dirty, clean it asap don't want it getting out of hand.

But stays very clean
pimp.gif

Don't know how people have dirty rooms these days.

My room is always clean and my bed is always made.
I won't leave the house if it isn't. I hate dirtyness/clutterness.
Personally, it's really hard for me to concentrate on things if my room isn't clean so nothing gets accomplsihed until it's done.
Every night before bed, I vaccum and straighten everything out in my room.

Its a hard habit to break but you can't just throw your clothes on your chair/bed/floor when you take them off.....I leave a post-it reminding me on my door

My room tends to stay dirty. I think its because when i get home i just want to relax or i have something else to do which makes me careless of where my things go.
i need to be cleaner.
ohwell.gif

I got the same problem. Dust comes back. And if you live in your room youre messing it up. Just accept it as part of your weekly schedule. I have. I just cleaned my desk. And Im about to do the bathroom and then the dishes and kitchen sink.

Put everything back in its place after I use it.. Put all clothes iv'e used in the basket and when I wash em hang em up/ fold them.. Really not hard at all. I can look at my closet or anything in my room and notice if its missing simply because I can remember if I used it or not or where it should be.

Im a very organized person
My "area" is always nice and neat and organized. I know where EVERYTHING I own is.

When i come home I hand and fold my clothes right away. I can never go to sleep without my room being organized (unless I am OD tired or drunk)

Back
Top Bottom