How do you react to things bought for you???

Joined Feb 10, 2014
When ppl buy me gifts/surprises it doesnt bother me much. Im appreciative as hell, but Ive come to find out that Im a hard person to buy for. Learned that with my girl. Mainly because I already have everything. Theres not much (in a realistic setting) someone can get for me that I dont already have. So thats why I basically tell my girl dont get me anything lol

Now on the other scenario, if someone is offering to cover somethin for me I cant afford like a trip or something I will decline and I honestly dont think it has anything to do with pride at all. If I cant afford it in my eyes its not something I should be partaking in. To me the enjoyment isnt the same. Ive passed on plenty of trips with my boys cuz I wasn’t financially where I Needed to be. and these guys are basically my Brothers and of course they say “we got u man dont worry bout anything“ which is 100% true cuz Ive seen it be done on their tabs. But I personally wont enjoy it if I aint work for it/provide it myself. Ima very black and white “if I aint got it then it wasnt meant to be” type and I’ll just work my butt off so I wont be put in that situation again.
dude I totally agree. Like if I can’t afford the trip, how can I afford for a place to stay and food on top of that. It’s just not enjoyable one bit. Like I have the money to cough this up right now, but knowing my situation I always need something for the rainy days and I’m not sure if I wanna blow it on a spontaneous trip with the holidays coming around. I just wish for my friends to understand that I simply can’t right now and I shouldn’t have to explain myself and my financial situation any further.

Joined Jan 23, 2008
What do you think about folks who don't hold it over others?

I'm the same way as you: if I can't afford it, I'm not doing it. On the flip side, when I cover fam/homies on food/trips, I never hit them later on with "remember when I..."
I know people who would spot me no questions asked, and would never use it as leverage against me down the line. Though i truly appreciate the gesture, im not built to have things handed to me.

Im the same as you. I have absolute zero issues spottin the people i love/truly care about. I do things from a sincere standpoint, and not for acknowledgement or reciprocity purposes.

Top Bottom