How does everybody in the world not think Tropic Thunder is funny?

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

Tropic Thunder is as funny as Year One. What's the common thread? BRUTAL Jack Black.

Jack Black and his jellybeans are the ONLY downfall to Tropic Thunder.

Lazarus: What's her name?
Alpa Chino: Lance
Lazarus: Say 'Listen here, Lance'. Lance? What the +$#% did I just hear? Lance?
Sandusky: Did you just say Lance?
Alpa Chino: No! No, I didn't say Lance. I said Nance.
Sandusky: It sounded a lot like Lance.
Alpa Chino: Dammit, I'm Alpa Chino! 'I Love The %+*+%', aight? Lay yo' %%+ back down and look at the stars.
Lazarus: When you wrote 'I Love The %+*+%', was you thinking about danglin your dice on Lance's forehead?

I got on dvd and tried to watch about 3x, fell asleep everytime.

Might give it a try since im bored.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Tropic Thunder is as funny as Year One. What's the common thread? BRUTAL Jack Black.

But his line tied to the tree was the funniest $$!! in the movie
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Lazarus: What's her name?
Alpa Chino: Lance
Lazarus: Say 'Listen here, Lance'. Lance? What the +$#% did I just hear? Lance?
Sandusky: Did you just say Lance?
Alpa Chino: No! No, I didn't say Lance. I said Nance.
Sandusky: It sounded a lot like Lance.
Alpa Chino: Dammit, I'm Alpa Chino! 'I Love The %+*+%', aight? Lay yo' %%+ back down and look at the stars.
Lazarus: When you wrote 'I Love The %+*+%', was you thinking about dangling your dice on Lance's forehead?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I got on dvd and tried to watch about 3x, fell asleep everytime.

Might give it a try since im bored.
You never wanna watch a movie you've fell asleep too when you're bored. Your boredom turns into sleepyness!!!

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Jack Black was the only funny person in the movie. The scene when he was tied to the tree was like the only part i laughed at. Every other partbarely brought up a chuckle

!!+?? This movie was not funny AT ALL. This movie was pathetic. Only interesting thing
about this movie, was to find out that Tom Cruise was in it at the end.

I wanna know what kind of humor people who don't like this movie have. What do y'all find funny?

Serious question.

had its moments, I wouldnt go out of my way to reccomend it to anybody though

and Ben Stiller annoys the hell out of me

One of my favorite comedies to date.

Jack Black was awesome. "Quick, we only have 16 hours before they wake up."

Lazarus & Alpa's exchanges were gold.

"Oh my God, I am moving to catering after this."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AiRodney23

I wanna know what kind of humor people who don't like this movie have. What do y'all find funny?

Serious question.

TV and movies included - The 40 yr Old Virgin, Superbad, South Park, Family Guy, Meet the Parents, Ali G in Da House, Beavis and Butthead Do America

Serious question.

Well, other guys widely considered funny who I generally can't stand- Will Ferrell, Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black, Adam Sandler, Rob Snyder, Jeff Foxworthy,Eddie Griffin, Monique, George Lopez, Jay Leno, %#+%@++

Like= DL Hughley (though he can get old quick), Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, Daniel Tosh, Dave Gaffagan, Conan O'Brien, Jamie Foxx, Frank Caliendo, RayRomano, Seinfeld, Kelsey Grammar

Liked movies like 40y/p Virgin, SUperbad, Meet The Parents (yea I'm looking at other dude's paper right now), Heavyweights, Love for Sale,

I thought it was hilarious. And I still cant believe I didnt know that was tom cruise in the beginning!

I'm guessing most of the people who didn't like this are younger correct?

One of those more mature, immature movies?

Back
Top Bottom