How does JB decide whether or not to maul a retro?

Originally Posted by KobeKilledIt

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

Originally Posted by bjvig414

can everyone just stop complaining? if you hate what JB is doing then don't buy their shoes?
word.

Ever notice how the guys who love whatever JB gives them are all newbies who've been here less than a year?
thats probobly because they havent been collecting long and dont know the difference.

and this isnt directed at you, but you people need to look at things from both sides of the fence. younger collectors missed the golden years of Jordan, andthey dont fully understand the significance of these shoes. so don't look down on them when they are content with the quality or a fruit loop colorway.they just dont get it. you cant miss what you never had. they are cool with the retros because they never had the og. they dont know the difference. they arethe new generation and things are evolving. i can't say for the better, in my opinion, but nevertheless, evolving. nothing stays the same. so lets cut outall the down talking and acting all high and might because you remember when a shoe was first released in the 80's. if these young people were born in the80's they would remember it too. but they cant control when they were born. just appreciate your og shoes and try to teach the younger generation insteadof making smart comments

^real talk

but it's difficult when they constantly just say we should just stop buying them or any of the other standard phrases they like to use.

I wish they would understand that we WANT to buy shoes from JB, but we arent willing to accept anything because we know better.

After 17-18 years of nothing but quality materials and contruction, you cant reasonably expect anyone to sit and just except products with poor-quality, (incomparison to earlier released products. Current JB quality may be up to par with other brands, but because of the precedent they set, JB/Nike are held to ahigher standard), materials.

probably the JB knew the retro versions of the XI, XII, XIII & XIV would sell a lot better then the VII, VIII & XI since the 11-14 were more popularthen ever during their OG years

Since Jordan is out of the game of basketball, Jordan Brand needs to develop a new generation to buy their shoes. So that's why crazy colors will come outand use cheaper material because youngins that are in it for the fad won't ever no the difference. They know that since OG heads are still sporting Jordan,it's hard for most to stop. As long as people keep buying butchered and wack colored Jordans, they won't stop making. I remember many bought the TruBlue III's with the Jumpman on the back and ever since that Jordan Brand just kept the Jumpan since many still bought it. They will do whatever makes themmoney.

So in an effort to finally end this madness, I'm here to announce the boycott of Jor....wait, I first need to cop the VII/XVI, III/XX, and the XI/XIICountdown Packs. SMH at all of us
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ck1301

i dont think they actually know if they're mauling something or not. there are a lot of ******ed things going on with that company

I dont believe for one moment that the most technically advanced, globally ahead and production savvy company on the planet CANNOT do what the did 5, 10 or15 years ago...that baloney. Its more a question of whether these days they can be BOTHERED to and how much each production unit will cost as a result...bunchof frauds
mad.gif

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

^real talk

but it's difficult when they constantly just say we should just stop buying them or any of the other standard phrases they like to use.

I wish they would understand that we WANT to buy shoes from JB, but we arent willing to accept anything because we know better.

After 17-18 years of nothing but quality materials and contruction, you cant reasonably expect anyone to sit and just except products with poor-quality, (in comparison to earlier released products. Current JB quality may be up to par with other brands, but because of the precedent they set, JB/Nike are held to a higher standard), materials.
i totally agree with you. my issue is just with all the arrogance of older collectors. sometimes i bypass this forum because of all the negativity andsmart +@@ comments coming from og collectors towards the younger people. they need to be taught, not criticized. its like getting mad at a baby for spillingtheir milk on the floor. they dont know any better. we can show them a better way and then maybe if younger people along with og's would ban together,maybe JB will change things. cuz if no one is buying their cheaply made crap, they might start listening and doing better so they can get that money.

Back
Top Bottom