how easy is it to become an airline pilot?

It is extremely hard to become one. You will need to get your Powerplant and Airframe licenses then begin flying lessons.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

My homie was discouraged by the prospect of making it as a pilot. Opted for air traffic control instead.

this is what im trying to get into ... can anyone share some info on this??
Apparently you don't need a BA. Dude I was talking about his involved in a necessary prerequisite program at the local community college. After you finish the program, depending on class standing you're pretty much guaranteed to get into air traffic school. 4-5 years of schooling total.

FAA is hiring traffic controllers like crazy. Even some people off the street a year ago. All you had to pass was a AT-SAT which is about 6 hours andbasically you qualify or you dont.

Right now the only way to get is if you goto a CTI certified school wich takes about 2 years, or prior military exp.. Currently there are like 25 schools inthe USA that offer this CTI program, really not that expensive most of the schools are community colleges. If you goto school you still have to pass theAT-SAT.

The process is long after school, usually taking 1-2 years togo through the steps, physch exams, Background check takes forever, health exams..If you do getaccepted you have to train in Oklahoma for 6 months, where about half of the students dont make it. But the possibility of making over 100k/year with littlecollege is worth it.
Also if you are over 31 forget it.

My room mate who just moved out was ATC in the Army, got deployed, got out, and is now looking at a job at O'Hare in Chicago next yr starting around 110k ayr. And he's not even that bright IMO and has no college background.

Back
Top Bottom