how easy is it to become an airline pilot?

If it was easy a lot of people would do it. I would recommend you going through the military but you need to be an officer so I would suggest you get your BAfirst.

Hahahha...umm it is super tough. Too many pilots and not even good pilot jobs to go around. Gotta first get a pilots license (on a cesna level plane). THenthere are a billion more test/hours you need to get to the level of commercial airline pilot. At some point you will have to be an instructor and get flighthours in teaching other people how to fly. You also need to go to school, somewhere like ASU East to do a pilots program (and join the pilots frat optional,but drunk white boys mostly)

One Pilot Told me that flying for a Airline is like making the NBA in the pilot world. Very hard to do with so many pilots and not a lot of good flying jobs.

And pilots don't make money like they used to. I knew people who would fly a few times a month (ten years ago) back and forth to Asia, and they pulled in200K/year. Those days are over. You're making squat as a pilot now.

My homie was discouraged by the prospect of making it as a pilot. Opted for air traffic control instead.

Expensive and you're not even making that much when you're done
It is nowhere near easy
Even first officers (co-pilots) practically make nothing for all the work they have to do
To get hired by a major airline is ridiculously hard, you need a lot of flying hours
I swear some flight engineers pull in more money than pilots

It's not too hard

Catch%20me%20if%20you%20can.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder how much the pilots at Spirit make cuz that airline is straight boo boo....they make Southwest look like a luxury airline!

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

If it was easy a lot of people would do it. I would recommend you going through the military but you need to be an officer so I would suggest you get your BA first.
Probably the cheapest way with either going to the Navy or Air Force. Good luck.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

My homie was discouraged by the prospect of making it as a pilot. Opted for air traffic control instead.

this is what im trying to get into ... can anyone share some info on this??

very hard to become a commercial pilot, thousands upon thousands of hours in there air needed in addition to many other things. i got a junior pilot licensethough.

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

Apparently you don't need a BA. Dude I was talking about his involved in a necessary prerequisite program at the local community college.After you finish the program, depending on class standing you're pretty much guaranteed to get into air traffic school. 4-5 years of schooling total.

base pay + hourly pay + food allowance + {l} s in different country codes + ++++

he also gets to choose which country he'd like to fly to and it gets granted most of the time.

*according to the wifey's cousin who's married and works for Cathay Pacific*

Originally Posted by NyZiNFaMoUs

HAM CITY wrote:

Apparently you don't need a BA. Dude I was talking about his involved in a necessary prerequisite program at the local community college. After you finish the program, depending on class standing you're pretty much guaranteed to get into air traffic school. 4-5 years of schooling total.

This is hard too, that test was something else
smh.gif

After that u gotta wait dumb long, like 18 + mo dependin
on ur background, whether or not ur from military or air force.
Then u have to go to the academy for 6 mo to get the proper training.
Its a gov't job so its never easy. Still waitin on a call back, and I took the
test in Jan of this year.

Back
Top Bottom