How Green Are You? (Environmental)

I'm not trying to sound like a hippie, but browsing through NT it has came to my mind that many of youdo not have much of a care or agreement to our environmental crisis that we are facing. I'm not trying to accuse anyone, because I can personally say I amnot using my full output either I believe. It is more of a question if you do have a conscience on the amount of pollutants we release into our atmosphere. Ido, and personally I am trying to practice this concept of being green more and more everyday. I cannot ever see myself driving an SUV if I am a single guy. Idon't think driving a V8 make sense. Does anyone research alternative sources to energy? Does anyone think about the gas guzzling when you are fiendin fora M3 or V8 muscle car? Or maybe at your age or situation or belief it is not on your mind. Again, I'm just asking because when I do see car threads overthe battle of German automobiles, or which car you should purchase at this price, I don't see many posts stating the miles per gallon of the vehicle.I've seen some, but not many which gave me the impression that it is not a big concern yet.
Thoughts?

Ill be dead before anything damaging starts unfolding

so would by childrens children children childrens

so I care very little
laugh.gif

I've noticed this too, but you have to consider who you're talking about. Niketalk is like a representation of the USA and the world. Many Americansignore the growing crisis or just don't care. But they really should. Atleast seeing the rise in health-conscious members is great, considering how sadAmerica's health really is.

truth is there are a lot of very simple things that can be done, if facilities are made with waste reduction in mind and if people build healthy habits andinvest in energy-saving things like pass-through water heaters and better air conditioning units they could save money as well as reducing energy use whichhelps in the long run.

people tend to think too much in the short-term (even shorter than Crank), and while I don't think global warming and all the doomsday theories areimminent, it wouldn't hurt to clean up around here. at the very least that "dependency on foreign oil" thing can be reduced.

Does being green count food wise? Food is the only thing i'm conscious about, i try to buy natural products and things like that, but i still love junk.

As for cars, i'm not going to buy a vehicle that i find ugly because it's good for the environment and it'll save me money on gas. It's thatsimple.

last year my class figured out our "environmental footprints" and I found out that I'm not very green at all
smh.gif
smh.gif

I recycle/compost everything that I can, I take public transport whenever possible, and pick up random garbage sometimes. I don't do the whole buying'organic' clothes or anything, but I feel I do my part as much as I can right now. It might help that my dad is the chair of the environmental board inmy area
laugh.gif

The biggest mistake people tend to make when trying to get others to care about the environment is telling them that "we are in a crisis and we need yourhelp now". Because they will just say it won't be affecting them so why bother (a la Crank Lucas). What I try and get people to understand is thatTHIS IS WHERE WE LIVE, just because we dont have to pay rent doesn't mean we have the right to destroy it. Or at least that what I think. We are probablygoing to have to start paying carbon/emissions taxes soon anyway which will force people to leave a more environmentally friendly life style.

ps - I also hate the term "green"
smh.gif

I'm not buying into this green trend and most of the people I see being overly concerned about the environment would be the first to die off if the planetdid experience a calamity due to our selfish ways.

They're softer than baby buns.

I'm pretty green nowadays. I get around by bicycle - do about 2000 miles a year in my car and about 8000 by bike.

I'm not a fan of the dryer - I hang my clothes out to dry - after wearing them enough that it's worth washing. Wash my dishes in the sink - a load at atime with natural detergent. Don't use anti-perspirant and other aerosols.

I'm sure there are other things I'm bad at but I try and do my bit.

Oh yeah, and I re-use stuff. I also recycle - but I prefer to use stuff as much as possible first.

My brother-in-law really bugs me when he tears up boxes to fit them into his recycling box. That's just dumb.

Back
Top Bottom