How hard is it to work at Nike headquarters?

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, but I've been curious about it and figured someone here has to know. What are the kinds of degrees you could get to get your feet in there? And are there jobs without a degree needed? How about Jordan brand? Thanks!

laugh.gif

The same degrees it takes to get into any major corporation. If you don't want to go that route, get a job at one of the big 4 retailers and work your way up (srs).

Edit: If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Lol im from battle creek cereal city, I didn't really care about that pic just needed somethin. And I'm 18 and I'm going to school but thinkin about changing my major.

Fambs... do not go at him like scshift.

What job are you looking for.

Hetrd some advice : if your love of shoes is driving this, chances are you won't be into shoes as much in 5 years.

The most common answer would be a business degree. I read somewhere you need an industrial design degree to work as a designer for shoes in the industry. Also, research opportunities at Nike:
http://nikeinc.com/pages/internships

In all honesty, go with an Engineering degree or a degree in the sciences. They are probably the most versatile degrees out there. If you want to do business, just get your MBA after your undergrad. It is much more valuable than a bachelors in business. Don't limit yourself to business (no offense to those with a business major), but at least double major or something. At least at the school where I'm at, business majors do absolutely nothing compared to majors in the sciences and we have a great business program. If you're going to school, don't limit yourself. Get as much out of it while you're young and you still have the opportunity to attend college. I know a lot of kids that go to school, pick an easy degree, and just coast through school. College is way to expensive to be limiting yourself like that. You are there to receive an education, FIRST AND FOREMOST. 

Thanks, I should of re worded the title but whatever. But remember the story about the guy who got that week trip paid by Nike to make that documentary, and blew it. Like how could you get that opportunity, maybe just a film degree? Not saying I would just blow it.

Thanks af1! I just got to thinking the other day about it, like what do I really want? I'm in engineering right now which is a great choice financially, but I'm starting to feel like that's not what life is all about. Like Ricky said maybe I won't still have a love for Nike as much in a couple years, but its still worth looking into. Not here to talk mess or anything, just getting some knowledge on this topic!

Your best best would be get an internship with Nike (probably too late for summer 12) but get an internship and show out.

No problem, the best thing about anything is to be educated about it. If you don't like engineering, don't do it. If you don't even enjoy it in the slightest, you will fail miserably because you will have no desire to work hard. Engineering isn't even that difficult, you just have to work hard. But like I said, if you switch yourself majors and you find yourself cruising through it, pick up a minor or double major in something.
Also, people say do whatever you want which i agree with slightly. Do whatever is going to make you happy, but get enough credentials is school so you have an unlimited number of options when you graduate so you can really do whatever is going to make you happy. 

I would think it would be harder to get in than at your typical Fortune 500 company. Nike is a powerful and popular brand, the only thing going against it would be location.

But competition would still be fierce.

And not to mention that Nike is very very selective for the jobs that which you want which I assume is somewhere along the lines of product development and the creative labs. It's even hard to get a manufacturing job from them because they most/if not all are outsourced to sweat shops overseas.

My Professor interned at Nike. She said she loved it. She got the gig because of the connections though. (Marketing)

Yea the internship would probably be the most promising, from the looks of it Nike is one of those companies who won't even look at you if you don't have a portfolio, etc.

Getting into HQ is ALL about connections. If you want an internship, you had better be awesome at what you do.

Back
Top Bottom