How I Met Your Mother Post Series Discussion. Rustled Jimmies to the Maximum

One of the worst things they did was make that great "How Your Mother Met Me" episode, which is where pretty much everybody fell in love with the character, and then they pulled the rug out from underneath us
sick.gif
That episode might've been the best of the season.

Still :smh: at the ending all day. I read that they shot the ending when they first began the series since the kids are the same age. I hate how it ended because it contradicted everything we were led to believe and how the characters developed just to have em all switch it up at the last minute because that's how they wanted it to end from the start.

The problem that most people have isn't that Ted eventually ended up with Robin, its how they got there. If this was their planned endgame all along then it should have been a story that was told in maybe 4 or 5 seasons. Instead, the creators and CBS got greedy and dragged the damn thing out.

They drove the ted/robin storyline so much into the ground that I think even the most devoted shippers got sick of that relationship. The scene this season where Robin floated away was AWFUL :lol:

They spent the last three years growing up Barney and making it seem like Barney/Robin was an important relationship that might have lasted. I mean they spent the ENTIRE last season devoted to their wedding weekend. And then they blew up the whole damn thing in the finale in less then 20 minutes and regressed Barney back into his same old schtick. :x I feel sorry for anybody who cared about their storyline :smh: The scene where Barney met his daughter was a nice acting moment for NPH but it was totally not deserved for the Barney character because of everything that just happened before. Oh this time you're changed for real now? Ok. :stoneface:
100% spot on.

One of the worst things they did was make that great "How Your Mother Met Me" episode, which is where pretty much everybody fell in love with the character, and then they pulled the rug out from underneath us :x

The irony is that the how your mother met me episode taught us it's ok to love again after your true love dies.

There was a new girl at work who looked EXACTLY like her.. but she was married and quit like 3 days later.

So... her loss.

Anyway...

One of the worst things they did was make that great "How Your Mother Met Me" episode, which is where pretty much everybody fell in love with the character, and then they pulled the rug out from underneath us
sick.gif
The irony is that the how your mother met me episode taught us it's ok to love again after your true love dies.
....so effin true.

The most compelling argument I've ran into today was that although it might be ok for Ted to call Robin 6 years after the mother dies, should he? Does Robin deserve a guy like Ted?

That is where I'm stumped, because I can't honestly say she does.

The most compelling argument I've ran into today was that although it might be ok for Ted to call Robin 6 years after the mother dies, should he? Does Robin deserve a guy like Ted?

In real life, I would say no..she doesn't...

They wouldn't have worked at first because Robin wanted/needed to travel for work and Ted wanted/needed to have kids right away.. so when they get together years down the line, it makes more sense.

I never thought "She doesn't deserve him" at any point in their relationship.

Last edited:
Lyndsy Fonseca (who plays the daughter) and Cristin Milioti (the mother) are the same age. Isn't that crazy, lol

Cosign everything on this page. Like I said earlier, we got Dallas'd. After 9 years everyone is right back where they started, and essentially this season especially with the wedding was a wash.

And I also agree robin don't deserve Ted. The mother was perfect for him. The feels man :frown: :smh:

Edit: I got the feels AND my jimmies are rustled

Last edited:
At least Lily and Marshall lived happily ever after...that counts for something, right? Lol

Btw, I just realized that when you take the initials of both of those two (Lily Aldrin and Marshall Erikson)...you get L A M E

Lol I'm surprised there wasn't a joke about that in the show :nerd:

Last edited:
At least Lily and Marshall lived happily ever after...that counts for something, right? Lol

Btw, I just realized that when you take the initials of both of those two (Lily Aldrin and Marshall Erikson)...you get L A M E

Lol I'm surprised there wasn't a joke about that in the show :nerd:
I liked how they tried to add Rome and the new job into the mix but I feel like Marshall and Lily's characters were done after the baby. They got everything they wanted ahead of everyone else so I was expecting em to have a regular ending unlike everyone else.

Pre-marriage Marshall&Lily>>>Married Marshall&Lily

Last edited:
Yeah, I can say Robin doesn't deserve Ted. I felt that way after they broke up the first time and why they broke up. Especially when she hit him with that proposal no no no no you can't do this to me no Ted no no no.

Lily and Marshall was the real happy ending :lol: The biggest conflct out of them sticking around was Marshally coming through with that uppercut ******** on Lily for duming him and moving to Cali :smh:
I don't get why so many people are upset.
Cuz the journey in how we got here was bull ****. Not him ending up with Robin.

Last edited:
I stopped caring about Lily/Marshall after they got married. That's when their story ended for me. They've just been hanging around the past five seasons to bounce jokes off of.

Last edited:
finale sucked. might have ruined the show for me completely. i'll never forgive the writers.

I really really wish they would've ended it at the train tracks....

By having Ted jump in front of the train.

Naw, but seriously, that's where it should have ended. Such a crappy ending to a great show. :smh:

These two are better alternative endings than the actual ending
mean.gif

or

source: reddit/r/himym
When both of these things happened, I really thought it was going to end there and he was just going to pan to the kids and talk for a bit and that would be the end of the show.

If this was real life, the answer would be no. She did all the textbook "I'm too good for you" things to Ted.

Last edited:
After posting relentlessly in this thread the last day or so because I'm going to miss this show that's been near and dear to my heart the last 4 years of my life, I have some final comments :

I have complete respect for the writers to have a vision for their end game all these years and having stuck to it faithfully. Was their vision dated? Maybe. Was the execution of their vision leading up to the finale perfect? No. But too many shows these days lack vision and are literally making things up as they go along. So what Carter Bays and Craig Thomas did was a breath of fresh air.

Ted may not have gotten the happy ending that many people wanted, but he does have a chance to be happy. At the end of the day, he deserves it . He was a swell guy.

It's been legendary, guys. *floats away like a balloon*

lol, ive been used to watching this show monday nights for the last 9 years...gonna feel weird not seeing it again. I gotta admit the only reason I watched the pilot episode was because of Neil Patrick Harris. Always been a fan since his doogie howser days :pimp: .....Loved it when they had an episode on HIMYM making fun of that...Interestingly, I could even say that NPH's scene with his daughter saved the finale from being a total mess.

In my opinion, Neil Patrick Harris carried the series. I no longer call him Doogie Howser...I now know him as Barney Stinson :pimp:

As far as Ted, the character, is concerned, he ended up being happy either way. Thats why I'm not too mad at the ending.

Back
Top Bottom