How in the hell is Chris Mullin a Hall of Famer??

1× All-NBA First Team Selection (1992)
2× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1989, 1991)
1× All-NBA Third Team Selection (1990)
5× NBA All-Star (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
2× Olympic gold medalist (1984, 1992)
1985 USBWA College Player of the Year
   1985 John R. Wooden Award

(from wiki)

1× All-NBA First Team Selection (1992)
2× All-NBA Second Team Selection (1989, 1991)
1× All-NBA Third Team Selection (1990)
5× NBA All-Star (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993)
2× Olympic gold medalist (1984, 1992)
1985 USBWA College Player of the Year
   1985 John R. Wooden Award

(from wiki)

indifferent.gif

I don't have anything to back up my argument, but Mullin being a HOFer isn't a headscratcher. However, he will be used as an example if some current players that had a similar 5-7 year run like he did aren't inducted.

I don't have anything to back up my argument, but Mullin being a HOFer isn't a headscratcher. However, he will be used as an example if some current players that had a similar 5-7 year run like he did aren't inducted.

The eye test my friend. Great shooter, but not once when I watched him play did i think this guy was a Hall a Famer.

The eye test my friend. Great shooter, but not once when I watched him play did i think this guy was a Hall a Famer.

Big East Men's Basketball Player of the Year three times

Mullin finished his career as the Redmen's all-time leading scorer. He also holds the distinction of being one of only two players in history to win the Haggerty Award (given to the best college player in the New York City area) three times (1983–1985).

add his NBA accomplishments.... soooo I think he is just fine.

unless you wanna hear it's a conspiracy for an NYC player.

Big East Men's Basketball Player of the Year three times

Mullin finished his career as the Redmen's all-time leading scorer. He also holds the distinction of being one of only two players in history to win the Haggerty Award (given to the best college player in the New York City area) three times (1983–1985).

add his NBA accomplishments.... soooo I think he is just fine.

unless you wanna hear it's a conspiracy for an NYC player.

You realize Tom "Satch" Sanders got in today, right? I think Chris Mullin deserves to get in based off others who have been enshrined, and his own body of work.

You realize Tom "Satch" Sanders got in today, right? I think Chris Mullin deserves to get in based off others who have been enshrined, and his own body of work.

But for real though, accomplishments aside - dude can ball.

He used to put up 25, 6, 4 assists and 2 steals on any given night in his prime.

89-93 was ridiculous for him. I can see people questioning his HOF status, but he was one of the elites in the early 90's.

Back
Top Bottom