How is that Justice âœ

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Justice is alright but they are 85% hype, 15% actual talent. Their live shows are absolutely horrible as well.

I kind of agree. Justice is pretty good, but a lot of it is hype. ....They make beats thats it. Just 2 dudes blending music.

Get Chad and Ye in the room and let them make an album.

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

^^^
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Meh. Your knowledge of the electronic genre probably most likely does not span far beyond Justice, Daft Punk, and Ed Banger, so you can stoneface meall your want but at the end of the day your opinion holds no weight what-so-ever. I bet you don't even know what my avatar is of...

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

• "Genesis" contains a sample of "In Da Club" by 50 Cent. It is a handclap that is difficult to distinguish, as stated by Justice in an interview.[sup][2][/sup] This is uncredited in the liner notes.
  • "Newjack" contains a sample of "You Make Me Wanna Wiggle" by The Brothers Johnson[sup][3][/sup]
  • "Phantom" and "Phantom Pt. II" contain a sample of Goblin's "Tenebre (main theme)"[sup][3][/sup]
  • "Tthhee Ppaarrttyy" contains a sample of Three 6 Mafia's "Stay Fly"[sup][4][/sup] This is uncredited in the liner notes.
  • "Stress" contains a sample of "Night on Disco Mountain" by David Shire[sup][3][/sup] and a sample of "Jocko #%@%" by Devo[sup][5][/sup]
Oh yea, these dudes are alright in my book. They mess with rap music and the originator Michael Jackson
pimp.gif
Sample? The whole track was ripped off. This is another reason why these dudes are a joke.

Justice FTL. If you want good Parisian electro, there are DOZENS of better artists.

i'm sorry but yuksek does not come close to justice or any of the other guys mentioned in that post... too bad because he is apparently classically trainedand has an obvious talent for production, he's just uncreative when it comes to songwriting

justice, while obviously mega hyped, are incredible talents. yes they ripped off tenebre, and a few other songs... daft punk and le knight club are just asguilty (still two of my favs though), but no one seems to care... hmmmm. pretty funny how you accused the dude of not knowing electronic music beyond ed bangerand daft punk and then proceeded to list daft, two ed banger acts, a dude that is nowhere as talented as justice (yuksek) and a duo that has one of the membersof daft punk in it (LKC)

people should be happy that justice is this hyped... it just gets more exposure for electronic music in general just like daft did in the 90's. two yearsago you could not talk about EDM on this board without getting laughed at

Originally Posted by Patriots 18 1

Justice is alright but they are 85% hype, 15% actual talent. Their live shows are absolutely horrible as well.

I kind of agree. Justice is pretty good, but a lot of it is hype. ....They make beats thats it. Just 2 dudes blending music.

laugh.gif
What the hell..I quit

Dude asked for Parisian and I gave him Parisian. @#@ else am I supposed to mention - David Guetta? And I feel dumb for forgetting about Kavinsky, but he'snothing special. When I made that comment about knowing nothing about electro, I shouldn't have added the "...and Ed Banger Records" part because9/10 people who are Justice fans don't even have the slightest clue about the sinking ship known as Ed Banger. Yes, Oizo and sebastiAn are on the label,but Oizo had a huge following prior to joining the label, and it's safe to say that sebastiAn will be just fine without them as well. Can't say thesame for Uffie lol.

Who cares abuot electo and it's exposure. All it does is creates an ignorant fan (see 95% of the posters in this thread) who think acts like Justice arethe tell-all end-all representative of the genre. That sh*t makes me sick because I have thousands of 'electro' songs on my iTunes, none of which areby Justice, and all of which are better than anything Justice can offer (except for Gensis.. that's my shhhh right there, well until I saw it in a Cadillaccommercial).

Justice sucks, end of story. I'll listen to Yuksek any day of the week over Justice. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid Gaspard and Xavier because theysold half the songs from Cross to various companies to use in their commercials. Their Fabric mix was a joke, their mixing is a joke, their gimmick has beenplayed to death (the cross and the giant speakers at their live show). You guys can continue to enjoy them. It's no sweat off my back...

Dude asked for Parisian and I gave him Parisian. @#@ else am I supposed to mention - David Guetta? And I feel dumb for forgetting about Kavinsky, but he's nothing special. When I made that comment about knowing nothing about electro, I shouldn't have added the "...and Ed Banger Records" part because 9/10 people who are Justice fans don't even have the slightest clue about the sinking ship known as Ed Banger. Yes, Oizo and sebastiAn are on the label, but Oizo had a huge following prior to joining the label, and it's safe to say that sebastiAn will be just fine without them as well. Can't say the same for Uffie lol.

Who cares abuot electo and it's exposure. All it does is creates an ignorant fan (see 95% of the posters in this thread) who think acts like Justice are the tell-all end-all representative of the genre. That sh*t makes me sick because I have thousands of 'electro' songs on my iTunes, none of which are by Justice, and all of which are better than anything Justice can offer (except for Gensis.. that's my shhhh right there, well until I saw it in a Cadillac commercial).

Justice sucks, end of story. I'll listen to Yuksek any day of the week over Justice. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid Gaspard and Xavier because they sold half the songs from Cross to various companies to use in their commercials. Their Fabric mix was a joke, their mixing is a joke, their gimmick has been played to death (the cross and the giant speakers at their live show). You guys can continue to enjoy them. It's no sweat off my back...

With that said, get the hell out of my post..........

Dude asked for Parisian and I gave him Parisian. @#@ else am I supposed to mention - David Guetta? And I feel dumb for forgetting about Kavinsky, but he's nothing special. When I made that comment about knowing nothing about electro, I shouldn't have added the "...and Ed Banger Records" part because 9/10 people who are Justice fans don't even have the slightest clue about the sinking ship known as Ed Banger. Yes, Oizo and sebastiAn are on the label, but Oizo had a huge following prior to joining the label, and it's safe to say that sebastiAn will be just fine without them as well. Can't say the same for Uffie lol.

Who cares abuot electo and it's exposure. All it does is creates an ignorant fan (see 95% of the posters in this thread) who think acts like Justice are the tell-all end-all representative of the genre. That sh*t makes me sick because I have thousands of 'electro' songs on my iTunes, none of which are by Justice, and all of which are better than anything Justice can offer (except for Gensis.. that's my shhhh right there, well until I saw it in a Cadillac commercial).

Justice sucks, end of story. I'll listen to Yuksek any day of the week over Justice. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid Gaspard and Xavier because they sold half the songs from Cross to various companies to use in their commercials. Their Fabric mix was a joke, their mixing is a joke, their gimmick has been played to death (the cross and the giant speakers at their live show). You guys can continue to enjoy them. It's no sweat off my back...
parisian: alan braxe, fred falke, surkin, para one, lifelike, dj falcon etc etc (yuksek is not touching any of those dudes either
tongue.gif
)

exposure is good. how can you hate on dudes getting paid off this stuff. if out of every 100 new justice fans, one new person is interested enough to do theirresearch and finds out about le knight club, or braxe, or old oizo records, or any new artists that have the talent but not the exposure... isnt that a goodthing? if justice is not your cup of tea thats totally fine, denying their talent is ridiculous

i agree however that their live show kinda sucks.... when they are using ableton. xavier is a good dj and can hold it down on the pioneers. both of those dudesare super down to earth too

that right there lets me know all i need to know about you...Justice is nice, period...i've listened to ALL of those artist you listen and besides DaftPunk, none of them make as good or catchy tracks as Justice...
but to the OP, if you want to listen to some other artist i find interesting in theelectronic genre, i suggest:

Daft Punk (of course...Discovery > the genre)
Ratatat
Midfield General (they have a song Disco Sirens w/ Justice...check out there Myspace)
LCD Soundsystem
Chromeo
Midnight Juggernauts

all of them dont sound like Justice, but they all fit under thhe Electronic umbrella, so you might feel some of them

Originally Posted by RawSheed

laugh.gif
What the hell..I quit

word...
smh.gif
tired.gif

Meh. Your knowledge of the electronic genre probably most likely does not span far beyond Justice, Daft Punk, and Ed Banger, so you can stoneface me all your want but at the end of the day your opinion holds no weight what-so-ever. I bet you don't even know what my avatar is of...
I bet I don't even care. Nor do I give a flying *!$# what weight my opinion holds to you, especially being that you just said Justice was 85%hype.....run along.
laugh.gif

I rock w/ Kavinsky too. Yall should check for dude.

(SebastiAn)
grin.gif

(except for Gensis.. that's my shhhh right there, well until I saw it in a Cadillac commercial).
So you think a songs hot, then a 5 sec clip comes on in a commercial, and you don't like it anymore?!?!

enough w/ you man...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by jomitm

laugh.gif
What the hell..I quit

word...
smh.gif
tired.gif

oh I forgot they make masterpieces. Dude gtfooh with that %$!#. They make beats, and use samples. Don't try and hype them up to be some type of musicalgenius just cause you happen to like them.

Originally Posted by jomitm

laugh.gif
What the hell..I quit

word...
smh.gif
tired.gif

oh I forgot they make masterpieces. Dude gtfooh with that %$!#. They make beats, and use samples. Don't try and hype them up to be some type of musical genius just cause you happen to like them.

Uhhhhh....that's what they do...MAKE BEATS....
laugh.gif

Meh. Your knowledge of the electronic genre probably most likely does not span far beyond Justice, Daft Punk, and Ed Banger, so you can stoneface me all your want but at the end of the day your opinion holds no weight what-so-ever. I bet you don't even know what my avatar is of...
I bet I don't even care. Nor do I give a flying *!$# what weight my opinion holds to you, especially being that you just said Justice was 85% hype.....run along.
laugh.gif

(SebastiAn)
grin.gif

(except for Gensis.. that's my shhhh right there, well until I saw it in a Cadillac commercial).
So you think a songs hot, then a 5 sec clip comes on in a commercial, and you don't like it anymore?!?!

enough w/ you man...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You're ignoring the fact that this song is also close to three years old. Are you still bumpin' Yeah? Fireman? I Like That? Didn't thinkso.

And the fact that you put Kavinsky over sebastiAn tells me you have no idea what makes a good artist in this genre.

So I reiterate,

JUSTICE SUCKS

JUSTICE IS ALL HYPE

YOU GUYS ARE SHEEP

ED BANGER IS A SINKING SHIP

�Lol.
I love Justice and their concerts are sick. I was here at the SF concert a few months ago. It was one of the best concerts I went to in my life.

Look
nerd.gif

And the fact that you put Kavinsky over sebastiAn tells me you have no idea what makes a good artist in this genre.
Son. what the hell are you talking about?? I simply said I @%!%% w/ Kavinsky. I didn't "put Kavinsky" over anybody.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

At 1st you said I didn't know what ur avy was - and noooow I still don't know anything b/c I said I like another artist. You're a joke my friend.

*clicks ignore.

I bet I don't even care. Nor do I give a flying *!$# what weight my opinion holds to you, especially being that you just said Justice was 85% hype.....run along.
laugh.gif

(SebastiAn)
grin.gif

enough w/ you man...
smh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

You're ignoring the fact that this song is also close to three years old. Are you still bumpin' Yeah? Fireman? I Like That? Didn't think so.

So I reiterate,

JUSTICE SUCKS

JUSTICE IS ALL HYPE

YOU GUYS ARE SHEEP

ED BANGER IS A SINKING SHIP

It's nice to know you like to enforce an opinion no one really cares about...

Lades and gents, here's an example of TRYING TOO HARD.

Word...I mean, you're really on a mission here...

but you already failed cuz there is ACTUALLY A THREAD ON JUSTICE IN THE NIKETALK MUSIC FORUM!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom