How long is TOO long when being put on "hold?"

Just curious....I was just skimming thru that Supreme thread and some dude said he waited for about 7 minutes for an employee to get off the phone so he couldbuy a damn hat. Let's broaden this to being put on "hold" by anyone who works in some sort of customer service? What's your limit beforeyou either hang up or walk out (depending on the situation)? For me, let's say I'm calling to order food...if I'm on hold for more than a minute,I'll hang up.....maybe I'll try again later, or most likely I'll end up ordering from somewhere else....I dunno how dude stood there blatantlybeing ignored and STILL gave them his $...
smh.gif
There's gotta be a limit to your patience, right?

depends who im talking to

if its family ill wait longer

food..no more than a minute

wifey..no more than 5 minutes

I'm a patient man, but I can't stand disrespect.

The dude in the Supreme thread just took it,
smh.gif
. You can tell when the person on the phone is dealing with a Customer Service issue. I would've saidsomething if I was the dude in the Supreme store and the CSR would blatantly ignore me while on a personal call.

I don't hold for anyone on the phone longer than a minute. I will just call back.

Anybody ever fall asleep while waiting on a T-Mobile rep to reach you?

I doze off for like 5 minutes, woke up and the damn muzak was still playing...

smh.gif
laugh.gif

on the phone, I just use speaker and do what I need to do.
I always carry a headset as well.
just make sure I mute it so they don't catch me mumbling or talking to someone else

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

smh.gif
laugh.gif
REALLY?

This happened like last year.

I was having a problem with my sirius satellite radio ...

They had me onhold for almost 30 min.

I called back a min later, explained that I was onhold for 30 minutes.

What do they do?

Put me onhold for another 10 min.

smh.gif

I went crazy when they came back on the phone, said I had enough and to just cancel all my radios.

The guy said okay you want to cancel? Told me he was transfering me and hung up on me.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I took the L and called the next day.

Ended up getting 3 months free and a new radio sent out for nothing.

once i actually realize that im still on the phone and on hold, i hang up.

retail maybe like a minute on the phone, but to be blown off in person is a huge disrespect to me, so I wouldn't take that at all.

for food, I'm patient if it's dinner time & I know the place gets crowded so maybe a few minutes.
If it's an off-time or whatever a little less

for customer service-type situations, you pretty much have no choice but to stick in there, I've held on the phone for 20min+

my GF I just tell her to call back

With food I'll wait a minute, usually if they have you on hold, then they're incredibly busy and the food will take awhile, so it's not even worthit.

With a product or customer service of some kind, probably 5 minutes and I'll call back.

If it goes longer than that again I'll probably wait 10-15. Depends on how important it is.

couple months ago i had a dream i was driving to the airport and i called american airlines and i was put on hold my entire dream
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Doctor Knows Best

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

smh.gif
laugh.gif
REALLY?
Backfire... "A trademark for recorded background music transmitted by wire on a subscription basis to places of business, etc; Easy listeningmusic in general"

It depends. If I know I'm going to be on hold (like with a company or whatever), I put it on speaker and go about my business. The most I waited once was30 min with Bank of America because someone was going around charging my credit card, and I wasn't going to get off the phone until the situation wasresolved.

With my family, bf, and friends, I'm very impatient. You have 30 seconds or call me back. I don't even like talking on the phone to begin with, so theyaren't about to prolong my discomfort and waste my time by putting me on hold.

Back
Top Bottom