How long is your commute to work?

5 minutes, sometime less.

Definitely nice since this time last year it was about 45 miles each way for pay that def. wasn't worth it.

Think I am going to kop a bike for the summer and start riding it to work since it is just a little over a mile away.

20-45 depending on how early I have to go in. Usually 20.

On the way back usually at least 45.

18 miles each way

3 minute walk... And i still go out to lunch everyday

My bars i frequent are in the same area. Its pretty difficult for me to leave berkeley at all

i used to live across the street from work. it was cool except when people didn't show up my sous chef would come banging on my door. :lol: mad parties at my crib after work.

now i'm a 5 minute drive or 45 minute walk.

Last edited:
20-25 minutes each way.

My internship over the summer was in Bethesda (DC Suburb) and I live in Towson (Baltimore suburb). 53 miles each way. And if anyone's familiar, the DC-Metro area has the worst traffic in the country. I had to take 695, 70, 29, 495, and 270. Man that was terrible. Depending on traffic it was between 90 minutes and 2.5 hours each way. Would leave for the office by 6:30AM at the latest and wouldn't get home till close to 7:00PM. One day it rained the entire day. Left for the office at 6:15AM, got in at 8:45AM. Left the office at 5:00PM, got back to my crib at 7:30PM.

Last edited:
10 minute drive to the BART parking lot, 15 minutes on BART. Get off at 12th St. and walk in. Pretty nice.

What time you take Bart? I wanna know when parking gets full in the morning.
Man it's a science, let me tell you
laugh.gif
I take Fruitvale, so I park in the $1 lot across the street where the taco truck is because the lot is usually already full by 7am. If you're not there by 7:30-7:45 forget about it. It starts emptying out by 3pm or so, but it's usually all the way full until around there.

The exception is Friday though, when you really don't have to worry about finding parking. There's always parking on Friday.

10-15 minute bus ride to downtown. Another five min walking from the stop.

How do you guys do the 2 hour thing? That's CRAZY.

15-20 min in regular traffic, can get up to 30+ if there's accidents/delays which are seemingly frequent in my area.

Like 12 minutes

I start at 11

alarm at 10
snooze until 10:36
brush teeth/poop
lay down for a few :smh:
get to work at like 11:07 :smh:

Last edited:
30 - 35 minutes with no traffic and 45 - 1 hour with traffic. Like someone said earlier the D.C. Metro area has some of the worst trafffic in the area. I'm looking to move so that I can have a shorter commute dealing with a hour commute with traffic makes me want to pull my hair out...

30 mins. Don't know about other cities, but I find LA fascinating in that I could move 10 miles further away from my job (albeit in another direction) and keep the time of commute about the same.

20-25 minutes each way.

My internship over the summer was in Bethesda (DC Suburb) and I live in Towson (Baltimore suburb). 53 miles each way. And if anyone's familiar, the DC-Metro area has the worst traffic in the country. I had to take 695, 70, 29, 495, and 270. Man that was terrible. Depending on traffic it was between 90 minutes and 2.5 hours each way. Would leave for the office by 6:30AM at the latest and wouldn't get home till close to 7:00PM. One day it rained the entire day. Left for the office at 6:15AM, got in at 8:45AM. Left the office at 5:00PM, got back to my crib at 7:30PM.
 i work in downtown Bethesda (East West and Wisconsin) and i commute from columbia to Bethesda but i take the commuter bus. it takes me roughly an hour 20 in the morning and in the afternoon is almost 2.5 hours since i have to get from Bethesda to Silver Spring to pick up the commuter bus. i hate DC because of the traffic, wish i could live and work in Baltimore but its so hard finding something in Bmore.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom