How long until Smartphones are standard?

Not trying to make just another phone thread as i see there are many. But thats part of the reason i feel the question is necessary.

Every single phone i see thats coming out is a smart phone. Someone trying to out do another, or be the "iPhone Killer"

How long do you think it will be until every phone on the market is a smartphone with the internet and the whole shi bang bang.

Soon? or too long to even worry about right now.

Poses other questions too, will everyone be forced to have data plans then?

To me it seems like theres so many of them coming out, that at this rate it wont be too far away.

Im no phone expert though so i could be wrong. Discuss

brett-favre-draft-day.jpg

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

there will always be a demand for regular phones,

Will companies start expanding their selection from like 100 phones to choose from?
Cause if theres a new Droid 2, then 3, then HTC Touch 5 etc, companies like Verizon aren't gonna turn that down to keep a flip phone.

You get what im saying? Im kinda confused, i think itll have to happen eventually.

next 60 years or so

most older people are as tech savy as us
its going to happen when our generation turns old

Once Android has manifested and they begin making less expensive phones.
If Android had a lower tier (much like the Droid Eris), there will be more and more smartphones for "cheap", leading to them becoming the standardflip phone now.
It's a matter of Blackberries, iPhones, and Android phones getting more and more popular. Sadly, WinMo and Symbian can't spread as rapidly.

Originally Posted by Whateversclever

there will always be a demand for regular phones,
Yup. There will be always the folks who prefer simple phones that will just make calls. I have offered to buy my mom a cool phone many times,but she is happy with a regular phone. All she needs it is to make calls and receive them.

Not to mention that it's more $ with a smartphone since a data plan is needed.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Once Android has manifested and they begin making less expensive phones.
If Android had a lower tier (much like the Droid Eris), there will be more and more smartphones for "cheap", leading to them becoming the standard flip phone now.
It's a matter of Blackberries, iPhones, and Android phones getting more and more popular. Sadly, WinMo and Symbian can't spread as rapidly.

samuel_l_jackson.jpg
"Heey, look at the brains on purplenurple1414."

when smart phones become "regular" ..there will be a newer technology..in say early 2000s or late 90s ur basic phone now would be considered a smartphone .ppl couldnt dream of internet/email and camera and video..with mms capabilities..and all these features are on 90% of phones now
think of what 2020 has to offer..

Back
Top Bottom