How Many of You Have Actually Experienced "The One Who Got Away....?"

Well I wouldnt say I let her get away nor was I in love or anything. Never vibed with anyone like that before or since....just a complicated situation:
- Used to talked to her best friend (never smashed)
- Best friend just wants to be friends; mutual agreement
- We all go to dinner, first time I meet her, we hit it off QUICK
- We start talking on the low, tells me she's waiting for marriage
- BF eventually finds out, me and her stopped talking

We still cool though. Just wished sometimes things were different. Definitely wifey material.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

10th grade
Had nightly dreams of settling down with her and starting a family. Thought of names for the kids, how I wanted each room in our house to look like, spending time with her parents, the joy of growing old with her.
I still love her
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

If the opportunity ever comes around again, not one single damn will be given. Happiness with her>>>>>simpin is for suckas talk.
my heart hurts now
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

this has to be the most corny thing ive read in a while on NT. bruh you prolly was still busting blanks and you talking about marrying her.

eyes.gif
This really hits home with me. As I lay in my bed, I can't resist but to contribute to this thread. Crazy how things like this pop up also, because I felt like I was the only person in the world with this affliction. Mind you that I am drunk right now, because even though I know that I shouldn't be self medicating, I do it anyways because the 3-4 hours of drunkeness helps ease my mind and lets me sleep soundly. But as my man Guru once said, "all that's gonna do really is accelerate the anxieties that I wish I could alleviate." Nothing hurts more than when I wake up in the morning and check my phone for a text from "her", and nothing...

Fellas, trust me when I tell you that sometimes YOU can and most often are your own worst enemy. Most of that which troubles you is truly between your ears. As cliche as it sounds, there IS more fish in the sea, and if it were meant to be to then more often than not, it would. How do you know she was THE one? That's right, you don't. Who knows, the next time you walk into Starbucks you may bump into the woman that ends up being your wife. My best advice would be to treat it as a blessing in disguise and use it to help yourself become stronger as an individual. Hit the gym, work to become a more genuine individual, because if she is the one, NOTHING feels better than when the script flips and instead of it being "what could have been" with ol' girl, she looks at it like "damn, what could have been with HIM".

Mind you, this is coming from somebody who believes he squandered an opportunity with a true catch. TOTAL PACKAGE. Had it all, but I can't help but own up to my own actions and blame myself for my immaturity and impulsivity. I try not to dwell on it now, but simply treat them as life lessons.

I'm an optimist at heart, but mentally I can't help but be pessimistic. Sometimes time is the best medicine, and as hard as it is to resist the urge to hit her up just one more time, or talk about what once was, DON'T force the issue. You're just hurting your chances, and more important you're hurting yourself. If there is one thing we all know about the human psyche, it's that we function and think in a cyclical fashion. Depending on her emotional investment in you, you better believe that she still thinks about you. Keep a mental receipt of the good times you once had, and hope that maybe one day you can start a new chapter, but DON'T bank on it.

One day we can all laugh about it. Live your life, NT. Every day you wake up and breathe another breath, you are truly blessed. Life is beautiful ya'll.

Yea happened to me one time in class...tried to keep it silent but....it got away from me *shrugs*

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Situations like that usually revolve around the idea of ''what could have been'' instead of the actual woman herself...

...ie, it's all in your mind my dude - if it was meant to be, it would've been.

basically
sad but true.
frown.gif

wish it wouldve been though.

There is one girl, the only other girl I'd ever be with other than my girlfriend.

We both liked each other for months. We connected good.

I ruined it when we hung out because I didn't know anyone we were with
Besides her and things felt awkward for me. Ahhh
Things went down hill after that.

I love that girl. But I also love my current girl far more. She is the best
The only thing I could switch is that my current girl is really insecure
Plus trust issues which the "one that got away" didn't

laugh.gif
but oh well

I don't know if she got away but we stopped talking. Now, I can't seem to get her off my mind and it sucks. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

Situations like that usually revolve around the idea of ''what could have been'' instead of the actual woman herself...

But I ended it......because I was stupid. It wasn't because we didn't mesh well. It just really was bad timing.
One day maybe we'll reconcile.....
frown.gif
Hope you do bro. I had the same situation with a girl. I kept finding things out about her that I tried to use as a reason to break it off. Now I think about her almost daily, even if its just for a few minutes. She literally treated me like gold. And I crapped on her all the time because things with my son's mother were real bad. I still regret not treating her as I should have. Hopefully some day when she isnt in a committed relationship I can take another shot at it. 
ohwell.gif

this applied to me until literarily last monday

i was talkin to this chick for a few months last year. and we were getting closer to just being literal bf/gf but then that whole time for some reason i went on a drinking binge and would drink OD alcohol 160 proof
sick.gif
 and i would talk mad non needed smack on Fb; and kept being immature by chasing other skirts; just because.  She completely deaded me. i felt so lost  
frown.gif
 (this was back right after xmas)once i stopped talking to her; i stopped drinkin alcohol and would just drink beer once in a while and started hitting the gym alot. i could not stop thinking about her this whole time.  Fast forward to last monday; her grandma died of lung cancer 
frown.gif
; i knew because her Titi is my friends on fb. So in my mind i was already going to use this as a way to message her my condolences because ive been dying to talk to her this whole time.  All day i kept thinking about it and would not man up to do it. So I leave to the gym; i get home and Bam. she requested me again on fb. i was like. no wayyyy; she was def thinking about me also
eek.gif
. So i messaged her; i apologized; she accepted it and she apologized also for being a hard %*#.  I really thought she was going to take it slow and just start by chatting here and there; but she asked me to hang out like the next day. i still havent because im away from where i normally live because of work but im gona be back home by the end of this week; and i #CANTWAIT to see her 
pimp.gif
 we have been talking daily; laughing at how mad she was at me; and how stupid and immature i was because of being under the influence almost all the time then 
30t6p3b.gif

she is so down to earth. 5 foot 2 inch rican mami. knows how to cook; and will have a dutch rolled with a nice mix drink if she fixes you up a meal 
pimp.gif
 this girl is PERFECT for me. shes hilarious; loves to dress good. loves sports; shell play 2k11 or madden with me too
laugh.gif
and like i said. can cook a MEAN meal 
pimp.gif

im def not messing it up this time. #belieeeDat

people got to be patient tho. when i was in highschool this girl i was with for 3 years i thought would be the one.  Now the way i look at it; things really do happen for a reason.  After her and me broke up back then; she went on a coke binge; and just ruined her life. then 2 years ago she had a kid and her boyfriend looks like donkey from Shrek
laugh.gif
 Back then i didnt know what to think.  Fast forward to new chick who seemed perfect for me last year; but i screwed up. but like i said in my story; we are finally talking again.  This is the type of girl i'd give a ring. being serious too; but im just going to let it unfold little by little.   I love how real she is; nothing i can hide, nor should lie about to make myself look better. i love it. i havent been this happy in years.
The Way i look at it: if i stuck to my ex from highschool; right now id be stuck with a kid and she got so busted after having her kid 
sick.gif
 but now instead im about to lockdown a fine !!% rican mami that has all the qualities i want in a WOMAN 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The majority of active NT'ers are under the age of 25 so the answers you'll get here will be bias. There are many people that once dated a girl that they were crazy about and then the relationship ended and the guy felt like he lost the only girl meant for him. Then a few years later he meets a girl that is so much better that he forgets all about the girl he used to love and she pales in comparison. I know a few guys that were saying they would never find a girl better than their ex and then a few months later they're with a girl that is better than their ex in every possible way.

Be strong and man up. One day you will find a girl that is meant for you
Yeah, but growing up, I feel people expand their tolerance threshold. They may know what they want, but ultimately you'll also overlook more minor things in order to fulfill the bigger picture (marriage, family, etc.) That "one who got away" still crosses my mind from time to time...it was just like yesterday. She ran away half naked and screaming
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]
J/k....but forreal, feels Batman
tired.gif

Realest response

Originally Posted by jordan231025

eyes.gif
This really hits home with me. As I lay in my bed, I can't resist but to contribute to this thread. Crazy how things like this pop up also, because I felt like I was the only person in the world with this affliction. Mind you that I am drunk right now, because even though I know that I shouldn't be self medicating, I do it anyways because the 3-4 hours of drunkeness helps ease my mind and lets me sleep soundly. But as my man Guru once said, "all that's gonna do really is accelerate the anxieties that I wish I could alleviate." Nothing hurts more than when I wake up in the morning and check my phone for a text from "her", and nothing...

Fellas, trust me when I tell you that sometimes YOU can and most often are your own worst enemy. Most of that which troubles you is truly between your ears. As cliche as it sounds, there IS more fish in the sea, and if it were meant to be to then more often than not, it would. How do you know she was THE one? That's right, you don't. Who knows, the next time you walk into Starbucks you may bump into the woman that ends up being your wife. My best advice would be to treat it as a blessing in disguise and use it to help yourself become stronger as an individual. Hit the gym, work to become a more genuine individual, because if she is the one, NOTHING feels better than when the script flips and instead of it being "what could have been" with ol' girl, she looks at it like "damn, what could have been with HIM".

Mind you, this is coming from somebody who believes he squandered an opportunity with a true catch. TOTAL PACKAGE. Had it all, but I can't help but own up to my own actions and blame myself for my immaturity and impulsivity. I try not to dwell on it now, but simply treat them as life lessons.

I'm an optimist at heart, but mentally I can't help but be pessimistic. Sometimes time is the best medicine, and as hard as it is to resist the urge to hit her up just one more time, or talk about what once was, DON'T force the issue. You're just hurting your chances, and more important you're hurting yourself. If there is one thing we all know about the human psyche, it's that we function and think in a cyclical fashion. Depending on her emotional investment in you, you better believe that she still thinks about you. Keep a mental receipt of the good times you once had, and hope that maybe one day you can start a new chapter, but DON'T bank on it.

One day we can all laugh about it. Live your life, NT. Every day you wake up and breathe another breath, you are truly blessed. Life is beautiful ya'll.

Relationship story bolded and everything 
tired.gif
. She put the bar way too high. It was too good to be true and "The one who got away" has everything I want in a woman, except now she has a kid and I can't play that role (neither for her, or for the kid) 
30t6p3b.gif

WISEPHAROAH wrote:
EVERYTHING happens for a reason.
I really hope you're right, because hasn't been feeling right for quite a while now 
tired.gif
. Even after the numerous nights of inebriation, flings and meaningless encounters. I feel like as I'm getting older, I'll never understand what its like to be in something meaningful (and for keeps) relationship. Forever Alone, indeed. If only I had that brainwashing machine (word to MIB/Eternal Sunshine).

Back
Top Bottom