How many times do you wear your jeans until you wash them?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Wow...this thread is so convenient as I've been reading around to find out exactly how to go about washing my GAP raw Japanese selvedge jeans...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I purchased 'em/been wearing them since last July ('09) and have yet to wash them. I seriously wear them every day...so in all honesty, you could say that I've worn these almost every single day for the last 9-10 months. I've already had the crotch rip and everything--don't worry, I patched it up...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now while they don't stink at all, surprisingly, I want to wash 'em because I paint (art), due to the fact that over the course of the semester, I've accumulated traces of paint on them. So yeah, that's the story.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So now my question. Anyone know how I should go about washing them without having them shrink on me? They contoured perfectly to my lower body and I would hate to lose that due to shrinkage.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]

when i was mad young i use to buy jeans and return them after a month of wear to get a fresh pair lol. Now after i wear em for a while i wash and let them air dry. Its hit or miss with how they fit after that, its really the only way, theres no hidden secret or anything to it.

i went 1 year and a half on my big benght or whatever the nudies are called.

I hate washing my jeans because I have to break them in again after washing, so I wash them after like 10 wears.

yall dudes washing your jeans after a couple wears are seriously ******ed
laugh.gif
unless your running marathons in your jeans or live in some really hot area or overall just a dirty mother !**@+% then theres no need to o.d. like that. ive have jeans that have gone like 6+ months without washing and i guarantee you that they do not stink at all. i wear bball shorts under my jeans so any sweat or anything from that area probably soaks into there. dudes sayin "how can you not wash them constantly? you sweat and stuff in them." do you guys wash your hats too? your scalp is one of the sweatiest parts of your body so why dont you wash your hats after every couple wears? how about the insoles of your shoes? your feet is the sweatiest part of your body. get outta here with that "i wash my jeans after every wear" yall are a bunch of sissys
laugh.gif

at the same time
smh.gif
at you dudes not washing after 2+ years if you wear your jeans often. thats taking it too far
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I don't see how you all's jeans get so smelly.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I've been rockin' my APC's for almost 8 months now and there's no smell coming from them whatsoever (still use Febreze once in a while anyway) and no signs of dirt at all.

If suit pants were as sturdy as denim, would you go 8 months without laundering them? 
Why are you comparing raw denim, that's MEANT to not be washed for at least 6 months, to suit pants?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 What the hell does that mean?  I wear raw denim too because its heavier and sturdier, and I actually work in them, so I couldn't imagine going a year without washing them.  If you're willing to trade more prominent whiskers and fading for hygiene, by all means do your thing.  But don't act like the clothes don't get dirty.

I always made sure not to wear the same article of clothin more than once in a week....how could you wear something everyday for 8monthsSuperAntigen

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by wanksta23

I don't wash them as often anymore because I hate ruining them

I'm at 15 wears and counting...they don't smell bad nor do they look dirty, so why not? *kanye shrug*
15 wears unwashed?
sick.gif

The most I'm willing to go is 2 wears unwashed. That's usually how I do it.
cosign...
15 wears unwashed is trifling

So do you guys who refuse to wash your clothes live in an area where dirt, rain and odor dont exist? Or do you simply not go outside?

I wash my jeans after every couple of wears because those things get dirty from the environment and other variables like dog hair and random liquids, I cant imagine you nasty $*%%$*$ runnin around in the same pair of jeans for months on end without washing.

Originally Posted by Noskey

So do you guys who refuse to wash your clothes live in an area where dirt, rain and odor dont exist? Or do you simply not go outside?

I wash my jeans after every couple of wears because those things get dirty from the environment and other variables like dog hair and random liquids, I cant imagine you nasty $*%%$*$ runnin around in the same pair of jeans for months on end without washing.

Especially considering how many times on average people fart and take dumps, yall have to stink. Just nasty man. Straight nasty.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Quick question: How do you get crotch blow outs? Like, honestly, how does that happen?

Crotch blow outs happen from jeans too tight. Fading and wear happens when denim rubs walking/activity and you do the common sense thinking.....
SuperAntigen wrote:
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Wow...this thread is so convenient as I've been reading around to find out exactly how to go about washing my GAP raw Japanese selvedge jeans...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I purchased 'em/been wearing them since last July ('09) and have yet to wash them. I seriously wear them every day...so in all honesty, you could say that I've worn these almost every single day for the last 9-10 months. I've already had the crotch rip and everything--don't worry, I patched it up...[/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Now while they don't stink at all, surprisingly, I want to wash 'em because I paint (art), due to the fact that over the course of the semester, I've accumulated traces of paint on them. So yeah, that's the story.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]So now my question. Anyone know how I should go about washing them without having them shrink on me? They contoured perfectly to my lower body and I would hate to lose that due to shrinkage.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]...[/color]

Inside out cold delicate, minimal agitation, minimal amount of detergent(woolite black if you want). Hang dry.
I've gone a year+9.5days in my APC NS29(8month,10month,12month wash), between 1.5-2years in my APC NS31(5washes, first at 6months), and 45 days in my IronHeart 634s(no washes until 1year about, previous owner ~1month). The discrepancy with people going a LONG time not washing is that of RAW/DRY denim and not just selvedge. Selvedge is but a finishing, which signifies a specific kind of construction, usually but not limited to more 'premium' denim. The pre-distressed jeans, especially relatively expensive ones, are money going towards that treatment, which goes away more and more with the times you wash 
laugh.gif
, essentially washing your money away. The reason for jeans wearing long amounts of time before wash is so that behind the knees(honeycombs), thighs/laps(whiskers), and knee fades, areas of activity, wear the indigo color off properly in the correct seating. I suggest you wash when smelling or visibly dirty. Washing doesn't harm your raw jeans, it strengthens and lengthens its life. The jeans get stretch mostly, some amount, and accumulate germs and bacteria, over wear time. The wash helps the jeans fibers condense, I believe, and eliminates the germs/bacteria
pimp.gif
, and remove loose indigo.

Heres my jeans, I can about guarantee you 100% I can never buy jeans that replicate these in the right spots, or fit as similar. The 634s is 21oz, meaning a lot of fabric and indigo dye condensed in a small amount of area, increasing warmth and difficulty in fading properties. I may be wrong in some of what I say, but mostly come correct

These are the 1years in the first photo, and the 1.5-2years in the second photo.

Both pairs looked like this before 

APCNS01_2.jpg

And nah, both pairs don't smell. The second pair is designated biking jeans now
frown.gif

~Lefty

SMH @ some of ya

9 plus months without a wash. Where they do that at? All those farts and musty sack odor. Ya girl gonna drop dead when she unzips them draws. YNS RIP

Originally Posted by ListenHere

Have yet to wash any of my Guess or 7 Jeans.

Is it true you're supposed to wash them inside out?

My girl or w/e won't even put her True's in the dryer?

i don't put my true's in the dryer or any of my jeans for that matter, i just hang dry 'em.  and yeah, i wash them inside out because some of them put that on the care label, so i just got accustomed to doing that...

as for washing my jeans, usually once a month or when they get dirty, whichever comes first...

Back
Top Bottom