how many vacations do yall take a year?

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
how many vacations do yall take a year and how long?

I been taking 2 vacations per year, both one week each. 1 week in the summer and 1 week in the winter.

or i'll do 2 weeks in one season if I wanna stay longer at a certain place.

I been trying to make this a yearly routine.

I use to take 1 week of vacation a year. We were on the flex schedule so we had every other Friday off if we worked an extra hour during the week. Totally worth it. When I worked in Japan, a few of my coworkers never took a vacation for years. That's terrible for their health.

I use to take 1 week of vacation a year. We were on the flex schedule so we had every other Friday off if we worked an extra hour during the week. Totally worth it. When I worked in Japan, a few of my coworkers never took a vacation for years. That's terrible for their health.

what kind of work did you do in Japan if you dont mind me asking? English teacher?

Exporter from Taiwan, we had a few big customers in Japan so they set me up there for a few years. Too bad we lost those accounts, I loved living there.

i average 2 but im i do like 5 weekend trips a year...
Going to Dallas today and San Antonio in 2 weeks....
Usually back home to Houston once every 3 to 4 months....

Usually 1-2/year. Did Jamaica for a week in December last year. Going to be in New Orleans (if that counts) in March for a week and Costa Rica in April this year.
Did Peru (checked out Machu Picchu) year before that, and Philippines year before that

We usually take 1 vacation a year, but little ones throughout (vegas, san diego etc) to get away.

This year is pretty crazy, have a Disney Cruise in May, Punta Cana in June and then Hawaii in August.

Define vacation.

Simply time away from home (Could be on the weekend with a quick turnaround)

Or

Time away from work?

If time away from home is the question, 5+ times per year.

I heard that Japan is even more hardcore than the US when it comes to, "I never take off" mentality.

i go to DR all inclusive for like saturday-thursday once a year...been doing it since 2011... i try to travel at least once a year even if its just a 3 day trip to another city... this year i might skip DR and try to go to europe this summer... need to save bread though... i dont know how some people can talk a week off work just to stay home... its cool to get a break but that sounds boring...

giphy.gif

Pretty sad to hear all this. I’ve never really moved on from that 3 months off in summer and 3 weeks off for winter break schedule we had in school. I’m always expecting some sort of super long break but as an adult it never shows up. Its my driving force in life lol...be skilled enoguh at something that I only need to work 4 days a week, 9.5 months a year, 6 hours a day.

And then coach b-ball/help out animals with the spare time.

I get a month vacation every year where i usually go home to MD and from there we take family vacations somewhere in the US (san diego, atl, etc...)

But im fortunate because my company closes operations from the 20th of december until the 2nd week of January, so i always travel for christmas/new years. Last year i went to madrid for 10 days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
I take off about 21 days overall.

I do about 3-4 weekend trips. Leave Friday come back Monday. I also take off about 2 weeks and travel internationally.

I try to do a 1 week international trip, and 1 new domestic place every year. I also do some weekend trips here and there.

i go to DR all inclusive for like saturday-thursday once a year...been doing it since 2011... i try to travel at least once a year even if its just a 3 day trip to another city... this year i might skip DR and try to go to europe this summer... need to save bread though... i dont know how some people can talk a week off work just to stay home... its cool to get a break but that sounds boring...
link to more info (of what you do) if you don't mind?

Back
Top Bottom