How much debt are you in? What are you doing to get out of it?

someone stole my identity and now im in debt by about 4gs.i have tried to fix it but havent had any help whatsoever.

Around 6,000 from student loans,which isn't bad because it basically paid everything for me for 2 years at ucla, including tuition, dorming, food, clothes,shoes and all that. I should of took less, because i spent 1000 leftover money on shoes. Then i owe my CC like 400.

Ok Dirty...I have an inquiry

Here's my online Credit statement

30d8e53.jpg

So I only just started using my discover card again because I had $1600 left on my Spring fee bill. Anyway, as you can see, my first payment is a minimumpayment of $35. Now I have the money to pay off the entire $1700+ with no problem but I've decided against that, and rather pay it off in parts...

So according to your model, are you suggesting that I first pay off my $35 minimum, and then any additional amount I choose to add to that as opposed to, forexample, paying 45 dollars straight off the bat.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

$91,000 right now. student loans.

i'm expecting $200,000 by graduation.
Oh good..someone is around my debt
laugh.gif

130,000 in student loans

Various credit card bills (BestBuy, Zales, Macys, Paypal Credit Card)

Total is around 140,000..hopin to get rid of my store credit cards this summer with my summer employment..that way i can focus on my student loans and paypal..

i actually owe bank of america 623 dollars right now

i'm gonna pay it this weekend

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by nnarum

I have kind of an odd question too... When you have a $0 balance on a CC, when does a purchase start to accumulate interest? Is it at the end of the statement that it's on if it's not paid in full? I usually pay my CC off every month and I never really pay interest... Just wondering...
wondering about this too. i pay off my credit card full every month.

if i decide to just pay the minimum ($10) do they just multiply what's left of the balance with the interest rate and add that to the remaining balance? is that how it works? i feel like just paying the minimum sometimes so that i have money during months when money is low
nerd.gif
Yeah, it's whatever your interest rate is divided by 12, times your remaining balance to get your interest for the month. So say you have $100 left over, and your rate was 13%, you'd have $1.08 in interest charged. (.13/12)*100) = 1.0833333
ohh word? not bad not bad
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Ok Dirty...I have an inquiry

Here's my online Credit statement

30d8e53.jpg

So I only just started using my discover card again because I had $1600 left on my Spring fee bill. Anyway, as you can see, my first payment is a minimum payment of $35. Now I have the money to pay off the entire $1700+ with no problem but I've decided against that, and rather pay it off in parts...

So according to your model, are you suggesting that I first pay off my $35 minimum, and then any additional amount I choose to add to that as opposed to, for example, paying 45 dollars straight off the bat.

credit card companies are a different animal.
just pay them off as soon as you can.

I owed 15k in back child support in Febuary. After a bad break up with my ex I realized I needed to get my life in order. So since then I have two full timejobs. I am working my *#@ off. I am now at 6k and by the end of this month I will be at >2k. I did calculations and I will be done by June 19th then I willattack my 2K in cc and my 2.5k in loan. I just want the child support off of my back. They say when you get behind there is no way to get out but I have seenit done and I am doing it.

My debt

Student Loans 8k
Wife's Student Loans 10k
Wife's Hona Accord Loan 10k
Chase Credit Card 4.5k
Chase Playstation Card 1.5k

So about 34k in debt

The wife and I are paying 2k a month to all of the debt to have everything paid off in 17 months.

After that all we will owe is 106k on the house
Everyone should download the debt snowball caculator very useful tool to manage debt

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

I owed 15k in back child support in Febuary. After a bad break up with my ex I realized I needed to get my life in order. So since then I have two full time jobs. I am working my *#@ off. I am now at 6k and by the end of this month I will be at >2k. I did calculations and I will be done by June 19th then I will attack my 2K in cc and my 2.5k in loan. I just want the child support off of my back. They say when you get behind there is no way to get out but I have seen it done and I am doing it.

good job man ... i applaud u ...

1,200 on my cc but 0% interest until jan '10
6,500 on my car
and i dont even want to look at my student loans ...

im planning on selling most of my shoes and all of the stuff i dont use anymore ... i can easily pay off my cc with that money but im hoping i can pay off mostof my car with it too ...

I have 14K in CC's. Should be done by the end of this year. My credit score is going to be on fire! Should be graduating this year, so I'm ready. Helloworld.

Originally Posted by peter80warrick

Everyone should download [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]the debt snowball caculator[/color] very useful tool to manage debt
This is prob the best advice posted in this thread.

Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace FTW!!!

Back
Top Bottom