how much do you care about the box, shoetrees and papers?

All my boxes have to read 10.5 and all trees and paper must be there. I strive for suggested retail tags too. Looks fresh when all the boxes are stackedneatly. Scrub the soles with a fingernail brush, wipe em down, back in the box, fresh as they came out.

Originally Posted by DavidMc202

Originally Posted by eltouha

all straight to the bin. unnecessary clutter. i keep my shoes on a shelf.

Leavin ya shoes on a shelf allows dust, sun, and bad air to attack ya kicks causing early yellowing, corrosion, and separation the glue and all other bidings for the shoe will get damaged

thanks for you concern, but it hasn't happened yet.

Don't need a box....rather buy a suitcase or lasered wooden case to go with them
pimp.gif

I keep everything, after all I did pay for them
The box gets used for storage (so I can stack them to save space) and the shoetrees get used so my shoes don't lose their shape over time
The paper is nice to have but I'm more concerned about the first two things mentioned

I'd like to have OG everything but it doesn't worry me to the point where I pass up on a good deal.

I keep everything...paper, box, inserts, trees, retro cards, hang tags, lace locks, questionaires (from the 90's), etc....the whole nine yards.

IF I sell a pair, it helps my price out when all the pieces are there...if not, it takes away from it, or prevents a sale in case that person is just as pickyas I am.

The ONLY way I'll buy a shoe without the box/trees, is if I've been lookin for it for quite some time, and it's just THAT hard to get. If it'ssomethin in abundance, then I'll pass it up

Give me the shoes anyday, dudes that are so anal about a box are idiots... I have 2 ds concords with replacement boxes so i guess they are worthless pieces ofcrap w/out the og box right?? I also have plenty of Js with the precious og box though, hypebeasts
indifferent.gif
. This is the dumbest subject on nt!! Gets me pretty heated
devil.gif
All this tells me is most dudes are in it for the value of the shoes

it's really not as necessary as you think... if anything ppl keep it cuz of an innuendo of status - "look how many OG orange boxes, jordan boxes, lookat how many silver B boxes, Pink SB boxes" and so on. if you have a seem that you feel works better, than by all means, go ahead and trash it all, eventhe boxes. my boy has about 300 pairs and just has em all over his room so he can remember what he has to rock. that's his steez.

or look at The Mayor. a ridiculous amount of AF1's all in clear boxes. but thats not even for visible purposes. keep em in the original box - paper/shoetrees or not - and air is getting to your shoes. don't care how often you clean em or NOT wearing them, air is your deadliest enemy in the long run. i lovewhen ppl are so excited to keep +!%% deadstock for years thinking they're gonna be all the envy when they're strutting down the street with a freshpair thats 10 years old, and it turns out their +!%% crumbles within hours. whoops!

point is - do you...

i keep all of my shoes in custom built solid gold safes with diamonds and lasers on the knobs so i cut and burn my fingers badly every time i want to get tothem.

the "value" of the sneaker is not an issue. if i don't plan to wear them until they are beaten to a pulp, i won't waste my time and money inthe first place.

Originally Posted by MH602

Give me the shoes anyday, dudes that are so anal about a box are idiots... I have 2 ds concords with replacement boxes so i guess they are worthless pieces of crap w/out the og box right?? I also have plenty of Js with the precious og box though, hypebeasts
indifferent.gif
. This is the dumbest subject on nt!! Gets me pretty heated
devil.gif
All this tells me is most dudes are in it for the value of the shoes

^^ 100% right. couldn't agree more. hey come into my spare room and look at my SHOE BOXES that keep my shoes SO FRESH and clean.
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dumbest thread ever!!! People cleaning the soles with toothbrushes.
Hows about you get a girl home for some action because she liked your NICE FRESH 5 year old kicks that look FRESH as because you have boxes and toothbrushesand you got to have her wait 25 mins while you clean the soles of your kicks and wash them so the stay ICEY fresh. Idiots!!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif

shoes are most important & i would like shoe box in perfect condition.
i could care less a bout everything else

Box is extremely necessary! Trees, eh could manage without them, tissue? Can always replace! A shoe without a box is hard to keep fresh, so in essence will useem instead of storing them!

i just keep the box and the shoes i usually always take the paper out because it yellows the shoes ive heard....only ones i kept were for the space jams but istill took the paper out and have it, the receipt, and my little time stamp thing from waiting in line in the original bag in the closet just in case i eversell them

i honestly keep everything i get the shoes with but i am not like some people that absolutely wont buy a pair of jays if it has any/all these things missing.like Rafool said, its not like when i wear the jays im going carry the box around

Back
Top Bottom