How much do you pay for your haircut? (IG barbers going crazy)

Based on these prices I'm curious to see what other services your barbers are offering. I pay 60 and it covers a cut, shave, and a hair wash. He also provides snacks and a mini bar but even with that I look at his services and they can go up to 170 dollars. I respect his skills but ****

I think it’s 30 for the cut + 20 tip…my wife has been cutting my hair the past 3 years though. She said it’s time to go back to the lady I had been using for about 5 years.

People paying some of these insane prices for very standard work is laughable. A sucker is born every minute.

Historically if you think about how imbalanced male/female hair grooming has been (price wise) you kinda see we were getting over for a LONG time. :lol:

Not excusing or trying to make anyone feel better about the price hikes.

Exactly. Women pay hundreds to get their hair done. Male barbers just want a piece of that pie too

EYE was in the black haircuts thread and told y'all barbers tryna live like rappers. I get a retwist every 2 months and get a cut then.

That runs me about $150. Between that I MIGHT get a lineup if I have something important to go to.

Based on these prices I'm curious to see what other services your barbers are offering. I pay 60 and it covers a cut, shave, and a hair wash. He also provides snacks and a mini bar but even with that I look at his services and they can go up to 170 dollars. I respect his skills but ****

He has facial services, does eyebrows, hydrotherapy bald tretments, razor bump neck treatments. He leaned heavy into the groomer aspect instead of just being labeled a barber....I still cant go for any of it though but happy he gettin his papepr

Historically if you think about how imbalanced male/female hair grooming has been (price wise) you kinda see we were getting over for a LONG time. :lol:

Not excusing or trying to make anyone feel better about the price hikes.

I get what you're saying but women typically go to the salon once every 2 months and drop a couple hundred dollars as opposed to men (at least black men) get their haircut every two weeks.

Need a cut bad. Bout to do it later tonight for free. Mind you a fade lasts 3-4 days for me so I had to learn. 360 jeezy taught me :smokin

I get what you're saying but women typically go to the salon once every 2 months and drop a couple hundred dollars as opposed to men (at least black men) get their haircut every two weeks.

Even if you extrapolated the time/costs, we were still getting over in comparison. Let's say we were spending $30 every 2 weeks, that would only be $120 spent in 2 months. If a girl only spends $120 at an appointment that would be a SUPER hookup.

$50 tip included. But these waves not included:lol:

But yea I know I’m getting taxed nowadays :smh:
My main issue is if you’re gonna charge these prices then the work needs to back it up literally every single cut. No room for too much error.
Wait you mean to tell me dudes charging like this aren’t even “master” barbers? Im thinking yall going to “The Man” whole time. They got you by the balls if you scared to cut your own hair. :smh:

I've going to the same Chinese lady for like 20 years. Her fade is on point, and get a finger length trim up top. Don''t need a crisp lineup or anything. I'm Mexican so I stopped getting lined up in my early 20s because I dont want that Edgar/Anuel AA look, gotta look respectable. Only black dudes can pull off that off as adults. Her haircuts are 14 but I give her 25-30.

Been a free agent for a minute when it comes to haircuts.

Was going to the same lady for a few years. She did a good job, but once the pandemic started she went from asking me questions about what was going on in the hospital I was at to eventually bouncing all of her dumb conspiracy theories off of me. I tried to politely disagree and counter her with my experiences working in critical care, but as time went on she got more aggressive and unreasonable. It got to the point where I decided she wasn’t worth the headache anymore. Months later the salon was involved in some minor controversy due to making some Anti-LGBTQ+/“groomer” posts on social media.

Ever since I’ve been shopping around. Each new place did a decent enough job, but didn’t cater to my demands in a satisfactory manner. The hunt continues.

This. Back in the day when my girl was gettin sew ins, she used to always complain bout how I was paying like $25-$30 while they had to pay hundreds up front. Im like yall hair lasts for months while have prolly gotten 6 cuts in that time frame so balances out hair wise. But I will say in terms of overall maintenance women still shell out way more when you throw in eyebrows, manicures, and pedicures where the average guy just gettin that cut and thats it.

Was going to the same lady for a few years. She did a good job, but once the pandemic started she went from asking me questions about what was going on in the hospital I was at to eventually bouncing all of her dumb conspiracy theories off of me. I tried to politely disagree and counter her with my experiences working in critical care, but as time went on she got more aggressive and unreasonable. It got to the point where I decided she wasn’t worth the headache anymore. Months later the salon was involved in some minor controversy due to making some Anti-LGBTQ+/“groomer” posts on social media.

This was a factor that I never had to deal with until recently. Ive had two long term barbers over the course of my life that I was real cool with. Now that I had to find a new one, my most recent one, a lesbian butch chick, man she would just pile on all of her problems or issues during my appointment. Like she would stop the cut to vent about her ex chick or financial problems, it legit became like an event that I would dread going to cuz now I gotta her all her ****. Gettin a cut for 30 mins is cool but having to hear things you dont want to hear or dont agree with is something I cant tolerate. Hoping this new barber on Saturday works out for me.

Wait you mean to tell me dudes charging like this aren’t even “master” barbers? Im thinking yall going to “The Man” whole time. They got you by the balls if you scared to cut your own hair. :smh:
That's what gets me with this current wave of IG barbers, everyone is in on it, not just the nice ones. At least the 1st wave of divas were something serious.

1675971671354.gif

Back
Top Bottom