How much has Obama's race and ethnicity played in his successes & failures as President?

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

i never said they werent successful, b.

reread everything posted.

LMAO

and i know you dont support cain, hes much too stupid..LMAO

yo i got a dope quote from bill mahr, did you see when he was on orielly?

SON, youtube it

Yeah, you're one to be judging someone's intelligence. You should take the time to read your posts sometime.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 Obama was only a Senator for a couple years prior to becoming president and he has done absolutely nothing to help the economy 3 years into his presidency. You're telling me Herman Cain, the CEO of a well-known company, wouldn't know how to help fix the economy? Ok, "b"..

Originally Posted by NooEra

I hate W. Bush with all my heart and Obama is GOD next to that fool.

You should have just put this first so I didn't have to read the rest of your post. Basically, you're just judging him based off your personal dislike for him. A god? Really though?
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i thought tbone wasn't coming back to NT?

He changed his political allegiance and started posting as CurbYourEnthusiam. They're equally fervent in their ignorance.

this is the dumbest thread ever. curbyourenthusiasm dummy on NT. do you ever not place a rolling face in one of your posts?
Obama is president because he is black and will be reelected because of it. mccain was a way better candidate. also why do people act like obama was out there in the trenches putting in work to get osama. I could have done that my self. people act like BLACK people were his main supporters. but they seem to forget it was all the colored people and the white kids who watch bet and mtv and listened to young jeezy's my president 1,000,000 times. like seriously? mccain had no love from the media except form fox news. while obama was the cool thing at the time and was on every channel and referenced in tons of rap music. Most of our voters are young. and Obama was the hip thing for he young people at the time.
Obama has done nothing that has helped my life at all and therefore to me he is not a good president. people need to realize that obama has done some things but how many of them actually affect them?
also obama basically rode not going to war during his whole campaign. then he goes off to libya %$* is that?
But on the good note Obama is probably the one of the best speakers i have ever seen. every time he speaks i feel like he is talking to me directly and it just blows me away with body posture and confidence, and i do believe he is an intelligent man. if our country was better off i think he would do a good job but in the state we are in now he just isn't a good fit.
sucks to i was really pulling for him, but i just don't see it getting any better when he gets reelected.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by imthekang

his race shouldnt have anything to do with him being president
That's the key word.

THIS!

At the end of the day that's really the only thing that helped him.

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

A huge degree the black community worships this guy and beleives he does no wrong when he barely even addresses them and when he does it's usually in a patronizing manner

Why does he need to "address" the black community? If ur black and live in America, every bill and initiative pertains to you.
The black community doesn't need to wait for him to sign bills "for blacks". 

We need to take advantage of what he is doing PERIOD!

Start Up America is for every American citizen. The health care initiatives are every American citizen.

Black people waiting on President Obama to "address" them, might as well time travel back to the days of Jim Crow laws.

I'll admit I voted for him because he is black.

75% of the folks that say color had nothing to do with it are lying or in a closet
laugh.gif

I think him being election in the first place had a lot to do with his race. A lot of black people voted for him simply because he was black. I distinctly recall asking my cousin why she voted for Obama, and her answer was "because he black." While I'm sure there were black people who did vote for him because they actually knew his supposed stance on the issues, it felt to me that most black people focused on his blackness than whether or not his policies were sound.

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by imthekang

his race shouldnt have anything to do with him being president
That's the key word.

THIS!

At the end of the day that's really the only thing that helped him.
I meant it shouldn't have anything to do with him being president as in everybody's views and such on him. Did it
probably help a bit? Of course, but it definitely wasn't the deciding factor like people are making it out to be.

John Kerry must be Black too cause he got nearly 90% of the Black vote. Al Gore too. Clinton also.

if obama gets booted outta office, it'll be a referendum on his record....once i saw him try to pass cap and trade (a failed euro policy) which failed...then he's using da EPA to strangle car performance with cafe laws...

yea, i dont wanna be told what i can and cannot drive.....and he flew it on bailing out da banks without contingency...with that said im glad he saved Chrysler and GM

Originally Posted by doyung9

Black people who support him strictly because he's black are just as wrong as the white people who don't support him strictly because he's black.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

75% of the folks that say color had nothing to do with it are lying or in a closet
laugh.gif
Makes me wonder if ppl would've bought a white dem candidate all that change and hope shh Obama was selling.

Him being black was part of it but I always felt with the way the nation was at the time was more the reason any dem was gonna win it after what the GOP did to the country. Like if it wasn't Obama I'd see Hillary easily winning.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by doyung9

Black people who support him strictly because he's black are just as wrong as the white people who don't support him strictly because he's black.
No they actually aren't as wrong as white people.  There is nothing wrong with wanting some diversity.  A black person that wants just one black president in their lifetime doesn't make it as wrong as a white person. 

White folks want to brainwash people to think as if diversity is a problem or a bad thing.  There is nothing wrong with voting for Hilary because you want to see a woman be in the White House.  As long as you feel that person(woman) is qualified for the position, there is nothing wrong with it. 

Originally Posted by PrimeTime

Originally Posted by NooEra

George W. Bush was the dumbest POTUS ever.

Umm.. You do realize he has degrees from both Yale and Harvard, right?
eyes.gif
 He may not have always been the most well spoken person at times, but he is far from "dumb".

I don't think Obama's failures have very much to do with his race, but I do think quite a bit of his "success" (i.e. getting elected with almost no experience) can be attributed to him being black. I realize there are some other characteristics such as being well spoken and what not that people liked.. But you can't tell me all of those new voters would have supported Hillary with as much enthusiasm as they did Obama if she was the one on the ballot instead.
laugh.gif

Really? So it's possible for people to vote for him cause hes black, but not possible for them to work against him for the same exact reason? And the black vote isn't a big percentage anyways j.s.

The only thing that Odumdum did for me was cause my health insurance premiums and co-pays to double up. Oh, and news flash, if you voted for the moron only because he's black makes you racist...just sayin

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Has it hurt him at least a little, I would assume so with certain circles.  However, the larger problem was with the lack of knowledge of Washington politics and how to "get things done". Early on he would appoint people to take on the issues while he stood back and officiate. Case in point, having Pelosi & Reed tell him what to do with Health Care reform & the economic advisers drafting the Stimulus package. Neither of which he knew the details of before supporting it. There was a virtual super majority in both houses in which little got done other than the HCR despite the promises of the campaign. In addition, many of his speeches said it was his way or the highway because that's what the people voted for. Well, whether that was true or not, the voters disagreed with the results 2 years later.

Had he had at least 2 more terms as a Senator, I'm sure his administrative skills would have been a lot better in managing certain situations since he would have been able to build better personal relationships with the people he would be negotiating legislation with.

I was going to read through the whole thread before saying anything but this really does piss me off. Frontline did a documentary that completely contradicts your statement, not only was Obama in complete control, he also put Polosi in her place when she got out of line.

Below I embedded it for anyone who wants to see it. I'm not sure if it'll continue through to the other parts but you can click on the link below it to go to the pbs page to see the entire thing. To the OP you got your answer without this thread even going two pgs. Many individuals act and behave like he is a child that needs to taught their place.

Watch Obama's Deal on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.

Originally Posted by PrimeTime

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

i never said they werent successful, b.

reread everything posted.

LMAO

and i know you dont support cain, hes much too stupid..LMAO

yo i got a dope quote from bill mahr, did you see when he was on orielly?

SON, youtube it

Yeah, you're one to be judging someone's intelligence. You should take the time to read your posts sometime.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 Obama was only a Senator for a couple years prior to becoming president and he has done absolutely nothing to help the economy 3 years into his presidency. You're telling me Herman Cain, the CEO of a well-known company, wouldn't know how to help fix the economy? Ok, "b"..

roll.gif
godfathers pizza isnt even nationwide
LMAO

he cant even articulate  sentence

LMAO

youre so mad.

Bandit Country wrote:
CWrite78 wrote:
i thought tbone wasn't coming back to NT?

He changed his political allegiance and started posting as CurbYourEnthusiam. They're equally fervent in their ignorance.

yawn.
its widely known that this is enphan

a55a5in11 wrote:
this is the dumbest thread ever. curbyourenthusiasm dummy on NT. do you ever not place a rolling face in one of your posts?
Obama is president because he is black and will be reelected because of it. mccain was a way better candidate. also why do people act like obama was out there in the trenches putting in work to get osama. I could have done that my self. people act like BLACK people were his main supporters. but they seem to forget it was all the colored people and the white kids who watch bet and mtv and listened to young jeezy's my president 1,000,000 times. like seriously? mccain had no love from the media except form fox news. while obama was the cool thing at the time and was on every channel and referenced in tons of rap music. Most of our voters are young. and Obama was the hip thing for he young people at the time. 
Obama has done nothing that has helped my life at all and therefore to me he is not a good president. people need to realize that obama has done some things but how many of them actually affect them? 
also obama basically rode not going to war during his whole campaign. then he goes off to libya %$* is that?
But on the good note Obama is probably the one of the best speakers i have ever seen. every time he speaks i feel like he is talking to me directly and it just blows me away with body posture and confidence, and i do believe he is an intelligent man. if our country was better off i think he would do a good job but in the state we are in now he just isn't a good fit.
sucks to i was really pulling for him, but i just don't see it getting any better when he gets reelected.

mad
you know nobody read this, right?

cguy610 wrote:
John Kerry must be Black too cause he got nearly 90% of the Black vote. Al Gore too. Clinton also.

clinton is madd black b
these dudes cant accept that more white people voted for obama than blacks

lmao

theyre so incredibly mad.

black people are 12 percent of the population

not counting felons and under 18s

LMAO

by the way, they wont watch the video

too many tears to see

A Pres. only goes as far as his special interest groups/ the machine allows him to, they're just sort of a figure head for those behind the scenes. So yeah i think it's been difficult due to his race because those groups want what's best for their pockets which the Pres. will usually comply, and i don't know many people with influence that specifically pander to people of his race. So when he carries out his public actions, it leaves people of his race saying "well what about us?" moreso than any other Pres. has had to.

I guess the next question is, will history be kind to Obama?
I mean, he got handed some PRETTY crappy cards...It could take decades to repair the damage he was handed. 

I really don't see this country regaining any of its former status...and much of the irreparable damage is being blamed on whoever is in office. 

laugh.gif

As dumb as it is, at least you are admitting it and I respect that. It's better than most people who try to make up a reason and sound stupid 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

laugh.gif

As dumb as it is, at least you are admitting it and I respect that. It's better than most people who try to make up a reason and sound stupid 
laugh.gif
To be honest, I voted for Hilary in the primary.
I didn't think Barack was tested enough professionally to step up to the plate.

He was charismatic, but I knew better than to trust a tight fade and a smile.

That might work on Michelle, but not me. 
laugh.gif

EDIT:

However to borrow from Mark Antony below: The residual effect of just having a black (1/2 black 
grin.gif
) guy as the figure head for the country speaks volumes to the younger generation and I'm happy to have lived to see it, if nothing else. 

Back
Top Bottom