How much money is enough money?

I never at it that way. I look at it that God continues to bless my family and I because we are loyal and show we can manage money. One thing our pastor preaches is that God gives money to those that can handle it and I also do not look at it as selfish. I look as it as I am helping people becoming closer to god, helping to spread the word of god, and because of all of the amazing work my church does. Money is something people worship instead of God, would you rather be know for stacking dollars or bringing people closer to god and for making your community a better place to live.

Yea like I said, none of this is unconditional. God blessed your family BECAUSE you are loyal, stop trying to backtrack on what you said earlier. You give so you can get something in return.

God gives money to those that can handle it? All those artists that lost all their money have something to say about that.

You can help your community and bring people to God at the same time. Paul didn't need 20000 to spread the word of God, you can preach and give that money to people who really need it.

This thread reminds me of something my cousin said to me Saturday afternoon. We were talking about salaries and he told me about a guy who he had spoke with said he has to find another job because the measly $300K a year they pay him isn't enough. I guess enough is never enough for some.

How much is a yacht? Any wealthy NTers know....I think being able to afford and maintain a yacht, a private jet and a really big mansion in a great neighborhood would be a good litmus test for having enough money.

:smokin

View media item 347689

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of something my cousin said to me Saturday afternoon. We were talking about salaries and he told me about a guy who he had spoke with said he has to find another job because the measly $300K a year they pay him isn't enough. I guess enough is never enough for some.

I hear of this all the time. I think what happens is when you reach a certain amount of money, you compare yourself to others in a different bracket. Like millionaires only compare themselves to other millionaires and billionaires with other billionaires. Most of my managers make over a 100k and some even in the 300k. It sucks how some people make way more doing the same type of work or less. That is why people want to move up and get more cause they compare themselves to what they see. "How is this guy Henry making 300k when I make a measly 100k?". I guess if you put it in that perspective, 100k is not enough.

I hear of this all the time. I think what happens is when you reach a certain amount of money, you compare yourself to others in a different bracket. Like millionaires only compare themselves to other millionaires and billionaires with other billionaires. Most of my managers make over a 100k and some even in the 300k. It sucks how some people make way more doing the same type of work or less. That is why people want to move up and get more cause they compare themselves to what they see. "How is this guy Henry making 300k when I make a measly 100k?". I guess if you put it in that perspective, 100k is not enough.
But that wouldn't be "100k isn't enough" thats "100k isn't fair".

^^^^^^But some people are very content with what they make. It's the people that want more that will complain. And there is no being fair in the work field. Almost everyone will not get paid the same when it comes to corporations. There has to be people that don't get paid a lot in order for others to get paid more. If everyone had maxed out salaries, companies would be losing a lot of money. They save by getting certain people for cheap or cheaper. It's that whole corporate game that pisses a lot of people off (mostly the older generation). Even right now, my old job fired all the old people that have been with the company for 10-15+ years and are hired nothing but college kids for cheaper. They'll even promote the young professional that have been there for 5 years to a managre position and pay them 85k rather than say a 100k. That person won't compain because 85k is better than the 50k he had. We even let this guy go that had been with the company for 25 years and was getting almost 400k. Gave him a severance and never hired someone to replace him. Company saves 400k a year.

when i lived at home with my moms (no reall bills) i felt i was ballin making like $24k

i make a considerable amount more, but with bills on my own....if i could make say 80-90 (obtainable in about 3-5years) and have a wife with a similar mindset on spending that makes money as well, id feel great financially.

Money is important, but it everything.

+counter it wit the Ye line lol+

Let me make 100k working 40-50 hours a week. Enough to buy a house and some land, save for the future, enjoy good food, send my kids to school and go on a few vacations once a year. I don't need to compare myself to anyone. I'm happy af making 30k at the moment knowing that next year that my income is definitely going to double and then possibly triple the year after that. I cringe at the idea of not having a job.

Currently studying nursing and I will make around €1500 a month. Seems enough to me.

The pay gradually increases a bit as you stay with your employer and night or weekend shifts can also boost it a bit but nothing special.

Looking forward to the future and not worried about making big stacks at all.

I love this response, cause if I called you something you are not in sarcasm right now I'd get banned. :wink:

I'm NOT an atheist. Get it through your head.

I break your balls just for this reason. You take nt too serious. Its too easy. When have you ever seen me in those massive religion thread? Anton idc if you hate god, love white women or enjoy company of men.

hahahahaha this is why im trying to convince my wife to move to TX but she aint having it. I'm about 90% sure my boss would let me work remotely from home if I wanted to pick up and go, so my job would be safe (and no chance in hell would I have to take a cost of living adjustment to my salary). If my wife could find a gig that pays about the same as she has now, we would be set. $200K+/annual gross, we be living like kings... well not really, but better than im living now.
my dude... no disrespect ...

But you need to smack some sense into your lady...

$200k in Texas, my dude?... like... seriously ...

You can manage on your own with 40k here easy..

200k would be :x :x

my dude... no disrespect ...

But you need to smack some sense into your lady...

$200k in Texas, my dude?... like... seriously ...

You can manage on your own with 40k here easy..

200k would be :x :x

I know you're from Dallas, so how is 70-100k there as a single male right out of college who doesn't have a lot of expensive expenditures (like eating out at nice restaurants, entertainment, etc.)?

How far does the money go?

A 200K household in Dallas will have you living like a king.

70K-100K as a single man in the Dallas area will have you living good.

Truthfully if you manage it right 50K in Dallas is good.

I read these articles about people with Bachelors and no job and I always wonder why they don't leave where they at and come here.

Last edited:
I break your balls just for this reason. You take nt too serious. Its too easy. When have you ever seen me in those massive religion thread? Anton idc if you hate god, love white women or enjoy company of men.

Oh you big tease!!! :evil:

It's ok boo boo, PM me and I'll let you rock my world.

Last edited:
I swear, every time this dude posts is to reassure to everyone the fact that he's black, likes white women, and is an atheist. :rolleyes

I swear, every time this dude posts is to reassure to everyone the fact that he's black, likes white women, and is an autotheist. :rolleyes

Oh don't forget that I'm funny, tall, rich, accomplished and I love long romantic walks on the beach.

Last edited:
Currently studying nursing and I will make around €1500 a month. Seems enough to me.
The pay gradually increases a bit as you stay with your employer and night or weekend shifts can also boost it a bit but nothing special.
Looking forward to the future and not worried about making big stacks at all.

Damn what currency is this? Anyhow nurses make decent money, especially NPs. My friend just got a job that pays 75 grand plus benefits.

Back
Top Bottom