How much vacation/PTO does your job give you a year?

How much Vacation does your job give you a year?

• Total voters

Nujavez

formerly gatorad3
Just curious how much vacation/PTO people are getting a year... especially for us U.S. folks where we're the only first world country without mandated PTO.

currently accrue 3 weeks of vacation a year... can rollover and cap out at 6 weeks

Other PTO...
2 personal holidays
12 sick days
12 holidays
Can work OT and get Comp Time for up to another 80 hrs of PTO

Advanced 160 hours of annual leave every January. Earn 13 days of sick leave/year. 11 paid holidays (if you choose to work them you can earn straight time AND bank the 8 hours as annual leave = 88 additional hours of leave possible). I work at least 5 holidays/year to add an extra week of vacation time. 😎

At my job, we accrue hours as the years go by. We also are given paid holiday days off.
my life. currently at around 5 weeks per year. i can keep a balance of 320 hours at a time.
as for sick pay, not sure what i accrue but i don’t think there’s a cap of balance and rolls over every year along with pto.

also get a free 8 hours a year called a “my day” that doesn’t roll over

Last edited:
10 years at my job, I get 20 vacation days and 3 personal days every January and the roll over is not capped. Current balance is sitting at 323 hours of vacation (a little over 40 days).

Started with 10 vacation days plus 3 personal days then at 5 years the vacation days got bumped to 15 to start. Each year after 5 gets an additional day. Personal days do not rollover so I burn them first every year.

Last edited:
We have unlimited PTO, which is a scam. You actually end up taking less days off and aren’t compensated for time accrued at all.

Technically 2 weeks off every month built into my schedule, which I use to work another job.

With some creativity and good schedule management and not being greedy I probably get a total of 7 weeks of actual time off.

Last edited:
I'm maxed out at 27 PTO days a year and can rollover up to 10 per year. Also get 6 paid holidays per year

3 weeks of vacation time, 8 days of “occasional absence” which can be used for being sick/appts, car issues, etc. then. We get 1 personal day, and 11 holidays I think if I’m counting right.

You can also “buy” a week of vacation time, and just a little is taken out of your check each pay period. Wasnt able to partake this year due to not being here long enough but will next year, having the extra time with my daughter will mean more to me than the little bit each check.

We can also rollover 2 vacation days each year.

We get 21+ days off but the kicker is that you still need to meet your billable hours requirement so that goes down to pretty much 0 for me in reality. 🔥 out is real.

120 hours vacation
84 hours sick
and we get some other freebies sprinkled in as well. I work for the state in CA. Will also increase the longer I work there.

what you mean?

We get assigned billable projects like aepps20 aepps20 mentioned above that don’t take into consideration potential time off/vacations. You’re expected to meet a target by the end of the year that is impossible to do with taking more than 2-3 weeks off a year.

So in reality, that unlimited PTO is 2 weeks that you don’t get rolled over/paid out if you don’t find the time to use them.

The good news is I don’t clock in/out of work since it’s project based. If I want to take a 4-hour lunch, it’s my choice as long as the work gets done

We get assigned billable projects like aepps20 aepps20 mentioned above that don’t take into consideration potential time off/vacations. You’re expected to meet a target by the end of the year that is impossible to do with taking more than 2-3 weeks off a year.

So in reality, that unlimited PTO is 2 weeks that you don’t get rolled over/paid out if you don’t find the time to use them.

The good news is I don’t clock in/out of work since it’s project based. If I want to take a 4-hour lunch, it’s my choice as long as the work gets done
200% agree with you. Companies will sell you on the PTO stuff to get on the best companies to work for list but when you’re there that’s when the truth comes out. The last real vacation I took was my honeymoon 5 years ago and that was only for a week. I ended up working for part of it which wasn’t awesome.

4 weeks vacation
2 personal days
Not sure about sick time, honestly. I don’t utilize it unless absolutely necessary because that just means I have to play catch-up when I come back and I get paid out for the time I don’t use at the end of the year.

accrue 4.6 hours each pay period
maxed at 240hrs , rolls over
6 sick days each year
10 or so holidays

i only took 2 days off and 2 sick days last year

maxed out my PTO to start the year
already been on 2 vacations
back down to 186hrs.

Last edited:
Accrue 9 hours bi-weekly
Caps at 240, rollsover
No sick days, we call out sick we use pto
Only xmas/new years day off, work all other holidays.

Back
Top Bottom