How often do you see the Confederate Flag Up North?

See it daily in NC. Was pumping gas the other day and a guy had two flags on poles sticking out of his pickup truck..

You wouldn't say a word. Although, it you actually did, I'd love to see the interaction on YouTube.
You don't know me kid. 
laugh.gif

If I saw one where I live, I would most definitely say something.  
Go to the south, you'll see one everyday and eventually you will stop caring.

between going from nyc and MA, never. and i expect to never see it. there are racists everywhere but im usually around progressive people and/or areas.

to see it everyday tho...gotta be uncomfortable...

Man, I remember the first time I saw one. Back when I lived in NY, my family took a trip down here to Ga. I was about 14.

There was one flying high when we drove through South Carolina. It literally had me like :wow:

Now I've lived down here for the past 9 years... I've gotten so desensitized to it. I don't buy that it's something that white people identify with since they lack a common unifier similar to the minorities of this country stuff. We all know what it denotes and the sentiments that are associated with it.

i see it every now and then in CT

ALWAYS on a pickup truck, usually in rural farm towns of CT

Not very often out west neither.  Some kid in high school had one taped the back of his truck and another kid in one of my classes put one on his website for a project.  Kid in high school was a douche, but the other kid was actually cool...

All the time.

Doesn't bother me though. They're idiots, racists or most likely both.

Shoot em the bird and keep it movin'. Half the dudes sporting them are so cowardly that if you were to confront them about it, they'd try to play it off as a "heritage" thing. So no, they don't bother me in the least.

At the end of the day, the South still lost and continues to lose in many aspects of life, IMO. Let them hold onto their foolish pride.

All the time.

Doesn't bother me though. They're idiots, racists or most likely both.

Shoot em the bird and keep it movin'. Half the dudes sporting them are so cowardly that if you were to confront them about it, they'd try to play it off as a "heritage" thing. So no, they don't bother me in the least.

At the end of the day, the South still lost and continues to lose in many aspects of life, IMO. Let them hold onto their foolish pride.

Their foolish pride? HAha. It aint even theirs. It aint even their daddys.

That flag died in 1865, (even though some even state ofices flew it years after),

And half of em have no clue what it means or what took place.

Rebels. Forcing children to fight in a war because they had run out of men. Fighting for nothing other than greed and oppression.

Wish they coulda asked robert e lee how he felt bout that pride? Came home to a literal cemetary on his home property, which is now ARlington national cemetary.

Although i wouldnt mind finding some of that jesse james gold haha.

country parts of jersey you'll see it (central and south).  New York city, no.  New York state, yes.  Went to visit my dad in "college" in watertown, seen a couple of flags hanging.

Back
Top Bottom