How often has Jay Z been out done on a track?

Man, I'm a huge Jay-Z fan. My thing is, so many shifts within the game allowed for the dude to be prosperous. He was backed by Kane/Jaz early on, dropped numerous duds prior to '96, and it goes without saying that he is the first rapper to hit his peak WELL after he turned 30 years old. Everyone else pretty much made emphatic dents in the game around the ages of 18-25. Not to mention his career being extended by Kanye West, whom Dame Dash first saw the potential in. Dating back to when Kanye first emerged, it was as if Jay didn't care if the guy was here or there. Lot of chips fell right for the guy.

And, he sort of regained a "name" when a lot of the guys who preceded him either don't care too rap at a high level anymore, or just moved on. He's still a legend though. I just wish people would do their homework on him, and not just view him for what he presents, outwardly.

......none of this is a secret.

Rakim obliterated that verse. Came here to post Watcher 2.
This man knows
nthat.gif

Ti def had the better verse on Swagger Like Us with Kanye coming in 2nd not saying Hov verse was garbage at all but those 2 stick out more...

Im prolly misisng some but....

Nas
Beans
Big Boi
Killa Mike
Andre 3k
Kanye
Kendrick
Scarface
Juvenile
Jada
Freeway
Memph
Pimp C

All got him.
U cnt be GOAT when you got outshined plenty of times. PERIOD
But you claim Andre 3000 is the GOAT yet the same can be said of him a ton of times, every rapper for that matter. So no one is the GOAT following this logic.

Last edited:

em killed him and everyone else on forever 
Please explain??
i mean... if you listen to the song its pretty clear that em's rhyme scheme is superior combined with mocking the other dudes for their slow flows
I mean, if you listen to the song it's pretty clear that Jay-Z isn't on it.
oh what 
roll.gif
 this is awkward for me

remembered that song as being one of those where every top rapper was on

carry on guys, nothing to see here 
embarassed.gif

Nas
Beans
Big Boi
Killa Mike
Andre 3k
Kanye
Kendrick
Scarface
Juvenile
Jada
Freeway
Memph
Pimp C

All got him.
But you claim Andre 3000 is the GOAT yet the same can be said of him a ton of times, every rapper for that matter. So no one is the GOAT following this logic.
nah the same really can't be said for 3k.  aside from big boi a few times (which is expected and still more a matter of preference) who has outshined 3k on a song?  jim jones?

put the homerism aside and think before u type

Last edited:

em killed him and everyone else on forever 

Please explain??
i mean... if you listen to the song its pretty clear that em's rhyme scheme is superior combined with mocking the other dudes for their slow flows

I mean, if you listen to the song it's pretty clear that Jay-Z isn't on it.
oh what :rofl:  this is awkward for me

remembered that song as being one of those where every top rapper was on

carry on guys, nothing to see here :wow:

:smh:

Nas
Beans
Big Boi
Killa Mike
Andre 3k
Kanye
Kendrick
Scarface
Juvenile
Jada
Freeway
Memph
Pimp C

All got him.
nah the same really can't be said for 3k.  aside from big boi a few times (which is expected and still more a matter of preference) who has outshined 3k on a song?  jim jones?

Ok, Andre 3000 never gets outshined on tracks except for Big Boi..........

My response has nothing to do with Jay-Z but rather his claim that to be the GOAT you arent allowed to be outshined on tracks so that last statement was irrelevant.

I love reading through the music forum
roll.gif
Dudes get so rustled and defensive over stuff that is so highly subjective. This thread, like any other Jay-Z thread, is pure comedy. Thank you Antidope and usual suspects
laugh.gif

Nas
Beans
Big Boi
Killa Mike
Andre 3k
Kanye
Kendrick
Scarface
Juvenile
Jada
Freeway
Memph
Pimp C

All got him.

Ok, Andre 3000 never gets outshined on tracks except for Big Boi..........

My response has nothing to do with Jay-Z but rather his claim that to be the GOAT you arent allowed to be outshined on tracks so that last statement was irrelevant.
u said that 3k has been outshined a ton of times.  the guy u quoted provided a list to back up his claim.  wheres your list or proof to back up your claim?

I love reading through the music forum
roll.gif
Dudes get so rustled and defensive over stuff that is so highly subjective. This thread, like any other Jay-Z thread, is pure comedy. Thank you Antidope and usual suspects
laugh.gif
Do I really seem upset? How? I havent even disputed the majority of claims in this thread. I'm just watching for the most part. Trust me I am not mad at all, how could I be? I knew that this thread was going to be the way it was and was prepared to read what I have read from the onset.

clyde the glide clyde the glide I did not want to start this, being that my opinions of Andre 3000 are well documented and as such no one would take it seriously, but since you asked. Every verse I have heard from him in recent memory has been terrible. Dueces Remix, Sixteen, The Real Her, I Do, etc etc etc. This goes back years. He has not come correct on any of those songs and was outshined by all who accompanied him on said tracks.

Again this can be said about any rapper which was the point I was trying to make, the logic was poor. You claim that he has rarely been outshined on tracks, a point that I disagree with, and we should move on from that. The real issue is that "someone cant be the GOAT if they have been outshined on tracks" Not what Andre 3000 does.

Back
Top Bottom