How The Homie Ross Did Not Drop This On An Official Release Is Beyond Me.

Yeah, I'm sure 50 wonders quite often how and why his music career isn't more like Rick FRAUD's.........
roll.gif
roll.gif
   There's no way you dudes believe some of the nonsense you write sometimes, or at least I hope not.   

Again, it's strictly about their catalogs.  Take all of the BS (and there's A LOT) out of the situation and look at the actual music itself.

Another point, Rick "Fraud" has worked w/ damn near every respectable artist in the industry.  If he's "real" enough to get a co-sign/work w/ :

Jay-Z
NaS
T.I.
Clipse
Jadakiss
Akon
Young Jeezy
Lil Wayne
Cee-Lo
Kanye West
Ne-Yo
Trey Songz
Gucci Mane
Styles P
Drake
Mannie Fresh
T-Pain
R. Kelly
Nelly
John Legend
The-Dream
Robin Thicke
UGK
Diddy
Birdman
Ludacris
Jamie Foxx
Game
(and I'm probably missing some)

He should be real enough to be accepted by rap fans.  You dudes kill me.
laugh.gif

If he hasn't worked w/ your favorite rapper, chances are he's either way past his prime or not on Ross' level.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Again, it's strictly about their catalogs. 

For me, that's exactly what I was basing my point off of.  Strictly talking about catalogs, the winner to me is 50.  As a whole, 50 has songs that will be played years down the road more than what Rick FRAUD that other guy will have played.  50 has songs that have charted better on the radio and has classic songs and an album or at least a near classic album depending on how you look at it that are better than Rick FRAUD's career.  Also, looking at just their careers 50 was able to put other artists on in a way that Rick FRAUD has not been able to.  No matter how long or short their individuals career were G-Unit is and was more of a force than MMG.  G-Unit has songs that will be played more than MMG.  So again, what are people basing this myth that Rick FRAUD that other guy has better music career than 50.  This is another example of quality sometimes meaning more than quantity.

I came in here to post Diamonds & Maybachs Pt 2

and I look and someone just posted it

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS WASNT ON TEFLON DON AS MAYBACH MUSIC PART 3! Replace the dude on the hook with Usher then let TIP & Drake get a verse and you got a classic

either way its a classic without them! The making of this beat is on youtube

Originally Posted by Deuce King

For me, that's exactly what I was basing my point off of.  Strictly talking about catalogs, the winner to me is 50.  As a whole, 50 has songs that will be played years down the road more than what Rick FRAUD that other guy will have played.  50 has songs that have charted better on the radio and has classic songs and an album or at least a near classic album depending on how you look at it that are better than Rick FRAUD's career.  Also, looking at just their careers 50 was able to put other artists on in a way that Rick FRAUD has not been able to.  No matter how long or short their individuals career were G-Unit is and was more of a force than MMG.  G-Unit has songs that will be played more than MMG.  So again, what are people basing this myth that Rick FRAUD that other guy has better music career than 50.  This is another example of quality sometimes meaning more than quantity.

Nah homie. Get Rich or Die Tryin was phenomenal no doubt, The Massacre was pretty good IMO but after that people cant easily name a song off the rest of 50's LP's that was memorable. And G Unit's compilation album Beg For Mercy was very solid I must admit, but wasnt MMG's too? Not saying its as good but it was pretty solid...again...IMO. 
Im just saying if you go back and listen to everything from Port of Miami - Teflon Don, I think there is enough evidence to put Rawse's catelog >> Mr. Vitamin Water's.

Originally Posted by VicRain24

Nah homie. Get Rich or Die Tryin was phenomenal no doubt, The Massacre was pretty good IMO but after that people cant easily name a song off the rest of 50's LP's that was memorable. And G Unit's compilation album Beg For Mercy was very solid I must admit, but wasnt MMG's too? Not saying its as good but it was pretty solid...again...IMO. 
Im just saying if you go back and listen to everything from Port of Miami - Teflon Don, I think there is enough evidence to put Rawse's catelog >> Mr. Vitamin Water's.

I already know 50 fizzled out after The Massacre dropped, but the fact of the matter is even with just those two albums up until that point 50 impact-wise and music-wise has a better career than Rick FRAUD.  50 has classic songs and a classic album, Rick FRAUD.............not so much.  When an album from Rick FRAUD drops it's on some here today gone tomorrow type steez, and that's pretty much the way I see his career continuing.  50 Cent at least had the streets, radio, and commericial success on lock for a minute, which is something that the guy from the Florida Correctional Academy has yet to achieve. 

Not to mention, 50 put on G-Unit which included Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Game and Yayo on the scene.  In comparion Rick FRAUD has put on a guy that got knocked out during a fight, a guy he met in Philly while at Geno's Steaks getting a cheesesteak, and a guy that gets in "beef" on social media outlets like Twitter and loses badly.  With that being said I think the Bad News Bears Little League team had a better group to them then MMG. 

Again, it's strictly about their catalogs.  Take all of the BS (and there's A LOT) out of the situation and look at the actual music itself.

Another point, Rick "Fraud" has worked w/ damn near every respectable artist in the industry.  If he's "real" enough to get a co-sign/work w/ :

Jay-Z
NaS
T.I.
Clipse
Jadakiss
Akon
Young Jeezy
Lil Wayne
Cee-Lo
Kanye West
Ne-Yo
Trey Songz
Gucci Mane
Styles P
Drake
Mannie Fresh
T-Pain
R. Kelly
Nelly
John Legend
The-Dream
Robin Thicke
UGK
Diddy
Birdman
Ludacris
Jamie Foxx
Game

laugh.gif

If he hasn't worked w/ your favorite rapper, chances are he's either way past his prime or not on Ross' level.
Using the artists Ross has worked with to support your point doesn't really do anything.

Business is business. Jay and Wayne beef.....then do a record together.

That %!+@ doesn't mean a thing. 50 is the kind of person who, while doing some questionable %!+@, has the kind of integrity where he's not doing a record with you if he don't ++#$ with you.

Ross, well, integrity is not really an issue for him apparently.

Originally Posted by FedExciter

the only bad thing ross did was lie, but he was put in a %@%+$+ up position, most would of did the same thing

Speak for yourself. He wasn't put in a !%*@!$ up position. He was called out with photographic evidence and could have just said, "yo, that's me" and explained himself.

But he chose to handle it a different way. Men of honor don't need to roll like that.

Musically, is Ross making great records? Sure. You all get to live out your Mafia/Kingpin fantasies through his music.

Will he even have the impact or make the impression on the music, both the culture and the business, like 50?

No. So it's hard to say his career>50's.

It's Deeper Than Rap....right?

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by illphillip

I'm saying, if Ross had never been called out, he would be among the best rappers of the decade.

Say what you want but his ear for the right canvases allows him to lyrically paint incredible pictures.

Straight lifestyle music.

I love it.
That's your lifestyle?
No. No, its not. Nothing like it.
And I'm willing to bet that its nothing that the vast majority of rap fans will EVER call their lifestyle. 

I've noticed how you tend to post on here with a slight edge of superiority...I'll bite and respond to your sarcasm and slight jabs because you happened to work in the industry. 
eyes.gif

Truth be told, most rap fans have lives probably more similar to Phonte or Asher Roth or something. 
You know EXACTLY what I mean here too, so stop it.

Its feel good music and it has a time and a place. If I had to listen to rap on a vacation, it would be something like this...living great, enjoying life, taking pleasure in the finer things.

Like all music, its an escape. 
What does me working in the industry have to do with anything? You can save your corny emoticons. I bring that up when it's relevant. And I did not at all do that here.

And no, I don't know EXACTLY what you mean. With your "straight lifestyle music". I actually laughed when I read that because I have no idea what that means.

See, not all music is an escape. Good music can actually be a hard reality. That's actually what Rap used to be. And that's the music I enjoy.

In case you haven't noticed, we are actually regressing as a society, while rappers feed kids dreams of becoming coke dealing kingpins.

It was bad enough when that was the REALITY in neighborhoods. When you saw the dealers with the ill clothes and cars. Now celebrities also feed kids that ##*@. Feed kids an illusion.

Brilliant.

As for feel good music, well that's all well and good. And it does have a place. And Ross' records absolutely do. I actually enjoy many of them.

But when you call it "straight lifestyle music", I would assume it somehow pertains to YOUR lifestyle. Because otherwise that doesn't really mean anything.

As for my slight edge of "superiority"? I'm confident in my thoughts, words and actions. I don't know how to move any other way. Inferiority is not an option.

I already know 50 fizzled out after The Massacre dropped, but the fact of the matter is even with just those two albums up until that point 50 impact-wise and music-wise has a better career than Rick FRAUD.  50 has classic songs and a classic album, Rick FRAUD.............not so much.  When an album from Rick FRAUD drops it's on some here today gone tomorrow type steez, and that's pretty much the way I see his career continuing.  50 Cent at least had the streets, radio, and commericial success on lock for a minute, which is something that the guy from the Florida Correctional Academy has yet to achieve. 

Not to mention, 50 put on G-Unit which included Lloyd Banks, Young Buck, Game and Yayo on the scene.  In comparion Rick FRAUD has put on a guy that got knocked out during a fight, a guy he met in Philly while at Geno's Steaks getting a cheesesteak, and a guy that gets in "beef" on social media outlets like Twitter and loses badly.  With that being said I think the Bad News Bears Little League team had a better group to them then MMG. 

The fact you're tied up in "Rick Fraud" eponyms speaks to your maturity on the situation.
You're the type to get hype off of another mans life. Are you out there fact checking the lives of these artists? Are you really about THAT life? 

You're so focused on validating how THEY live that you're not even able to really see that ITS ALL ENTERTAINMENT. 

Record labels and marketing firms LOVE people like you who get caught up in the nonsense if media image. You're so lost that you can't separate the entertainment from the fact that these people are nothing more than politicians. They'll tell you what you want to hear. Who cares? 

Ross has been on the radio and smashing blogs and clubs since early 2009...Dude hasn't slowed down in two years and was even getting it popping BEFORE then... 

I'm not saying Ross is the best ever or a super big star but come on, you're saying that Ross doesn't have good MUSIC or doesnt have popularity? 
roll.gif

That's your lifestyle? 
And I'm willing to bet that its nothing that the vast majority of rap fans will EVER call their lifestyle. 

I've noticed how you tend to post on here with a slight edge of superiority...I'll bite and respond to your sarcasm and slight jabs because you happened to work in the industry. 
eyes.gif

Truth be told, most rap fans have lives probably more similar to Phonte or Asher Roth or something. 

Its feel good music and it has a time and a place. If I had to listen to rap on a vacation, it would be something like this...living great, enjoying life, taking pleasure in the finer things.

What does me working in the industry have to do with anything? You can save your corny emoticons. I bring that up when it's relevant. And I did not at all do that here.

And no, I don't know EXACTLY what you mean. With your "straight lifestyle music". I actually laughed when I read that because I have no idea what that means. 

See, not all music is an escape. Good music can actually be a hard reality. That's actually what Rap used to be. And that's the music I enjoy. 

In case you haven't noticed, we are actually regressing as a society, while rappers feed kids dreams of becoming coke dealing kingpins. 

It was bad enough when that was the REALITY in neighborhoods. When you saw the dealers with the ill clothes and cars. Now celebrities also feed kids that ##*@. Feed kids an illusion. 

Brilliant. 

As for feel good music, well that's all well and good. And it does have a place. And Ross' records absolutely do. I actually enjoy many of them. 

But when you call it "straight lifestyle music", I would assume it somehow pertains to YOUR lifestyle. Because otherwise that doesn't really mean anything. 

As for my slight edge of "superiority"? I'm confident in my thoughts, words and actions. I don't know how to move any other way. Inferiority is not an option. 

I go on vacations. I chill with my friends. We smoke. Drink. and chill with attractive women. I like to indulge in the finer things. Popular music creates some of that  imagery and admittedly inspires some of my material consumption? You got a problem with that? It sounds fly. 

It has a time and a place. 

Its smooth and it sounds amazing. But you're too "pure" to connect with that. 

Ah ok, so if you don't like it then its not good music? No one said it didn't have to be "true" either. Because bet your balls that most rappers did NOT live that life, even back in the 90s. 

REAL dudes don't rap. Straight up. They're too busy out there getting to that REAL life. None of these dudes were kingpins and all this rah-rah non-sense. It just sounds fly. 

In fact, tell me who lived all those gangster tales when you were selling it to kids in the suburbs? If thats the case as you've put it. Harsh reality? Stop it. You didn't live that life. 

Isn't this what YOU did as a record label employee? Why weren't you pushing Will Smith's albums then? I'm sure there was a message you would have preferred then. Instead, i'll let you contradict yourself with "harsh realities".  

Rap is and has been about material consumption with a sprinkle of exposes on reality and social commentary. All forms and fashions. Rap isn't one thing. Even in the time periods you speak of.  Does ross only talk about bricks or doesn't he talk about providing for his family, growing up poor, and treating his women properly and spending money on himself. 

Thanks, so clearly you admit that you ultimately have no point except that you just choose to argue for no reason. 

Chill out. 

Spoke on this in the red.

roll.gif
 with the inspirational poster quotes. Corny. 

"I don't know how to move any other way. Inferiority is not an option"...what are you even talking about? We're not talking about how long you look in the mirror in the morning. 

And yes, just because you worked in that atmosphere doesn't make your opinion more valid on the music. You stay coming in with "numbers" that artists do as if that indicates quality content. If that was the case, Wayne has dropped two classics for selling 1 million a week twice....and we know he hasn't. 

The fact you're tied up in "Rick Fraud" eponyms speaks to your maturity on the situation.

Actually it does champ, as far as this lifestyle goes there's only 1 Ricky (Rick) Ross, and it certainly aint the guy your cheerleading for right now. 

You're the type to get hype off of another mans life
This coming from a guy that had the nerve to say Rick FRAUD's music is.........Straight lifestyle music
laugh.gif
.  The audacity of some of you dudes with your replies.  Bless your heart.

You're so focused on validating how THEY live that you're not even able to really see that ITS ALL ENTERTAINMENT. 

Music is music, I undersand and know that clear as day.  However, if somebody lies, they lie.  Some say the labeling of a snitch is a lifetime scar, well I say the labeling of a fraud is a lifetime scar.

I'm not saying Ross is the best ever or a super big star but come on, you're saying that Ross doesn't have good MUSIC or doesnt have popularity?

Sure Rick FRAUD makes good music, but the point I was responding to was Rick FRAUD having a better music career than 50, which I just don't find to be true or even close to debateable. 

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I came in here to post Diamonds & Maybachs Pt 2

and I look and someone just posted it

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS WASNT ON TEFLON DON AS MAYBACH MUSIC PART 3! Replace the dude on the hook with Usher then let TIP & Drake get a verse and you got a classic

either way its a classic without them! The making of this beat is on youtube

This...

And why hasnt the "Maybachs and Diamonds" track with Ryan Leslie released yet??...

Unless I'm late...
nerd.gif

illphillip wrote:

Jay-Z
NaS
T.I.
Clipse
Jadakiss
Akon
Young Jeezy
Lil Wayne
Cee-Lo
Kanye West
Ne-Yo
Trey Songz
Gucci Mane
Styles P
Drake
Mannie Fresh
T-Pain
R. Kelly
Nelly
John Legend
The-Dream
Robin Thicke
UGK
Diddy
Birdman
Ludacris
Jamie Foxx
Game

laugh.gif

Using the artists Ross has worked with to support your point doesn't really do anything.

Business is business. Jay and Wayne beef.....then do a record together.

That %!+@ doesn't mean a thing. 50 is the kind of person who, while doing some questionable %!+@, has the kind of integrity where he's not doing a record with you if he don't ++#$ with you.

Ross, well, integrity is not really an issue for him apparently. 

In a way, it does mean something...

I mean, don't most of these rappers listed above basically pride himself on being 'REAL'???...

Do you respect these same 'REAL' artists with the same respect they give to Ross??

Or is it really just business like you say it is??...
laugh.gif

You ask anybody who's career they would want Im sure they would pick the diamond selling guy over 3 gold albums

50 on top of the game > Ross on top of the game.

And I prefer listening to Ross over 50

It's funny, because I was just thinking about the "real" thing after my last post.

It's a shame that when you look at a LOT of music genres, it's really only Rap where so many of the popular artists feel the need to create an illusion.

Maybe I'm not seeing it right. I know some artists change their images. Katy Perry today ain't what she was. Gaga. Rihanna etc. Rock groups don't seem to do it so much.

But look at that list. Him and Jeezy have "beef". Then they'll make up. Him and TI had issues, but made up.

Look at my Jay and Wayne example. They still +@%#*!%$$*!' and did a record together how long ago.

What's real? I think my issue with a lot of these modern day rappers is, I'm not sure how much I respect ANY of them. The artists I grew up listening to didn't throw tantrums on stage, or blatantly lie to your face about #%@@.

I respected them as rappers, thinkers, and from what I knew of them, as people.

I'm a jaded old school rap fan. I seen this $*%% since birth. If we're going to talk about the business, well you can see how it's corrupted the music.

And yes, I work in the business. It's a fine line I walk. I am a FAN first, from BIRTH. Who loved music so much that he wanted to work in it.

But sadly, once it's business, it kind of becomes a commodity. So these guys go records with each other, not always because they like each other, but because there's paper in it.

If you think about why Ross lied, well, it was for the paper.

And unfortunately, it seems like what happens to the real rappers....well just look at what T.I. has gone through.

You're the type to get hype off of another mans life. Are you out there fact checking the lives of these artists? Are you really about THAT life? 

Record labels and marketing firms LOVE people like you who get caught up in the nonsense if media image. You're so lost that you can't separate the entertainment from the fact that these people are nothing more than politicians. They'll tell you what you want to hear. Who cares? 

Ross has been on the radio and smashing blogs and clubs since early 2009...Dude hasn't slowed down in two years and was even getting it popping BEFORE then... 

roll.gif

eyes.gif

Brilliant. 

I go on vacations. I chill with my friends. We smoke. Drink. and chill with attractive women. I like to indulge in the finer things. Popular music creates some of that  imagery and admittedly inspires some of my material consumption? You got a problem with that? It sounds fly. 

It has a time and a place. 

Its smooth and it sounds amazing. But you're too "pure" to connect with that. 

Ah ok, so if you don't like it then its not good music? No one said it didn't have to be "true" either. Because bet your balls that most rappers did NOT live that life, even back in the 90s. 

REAL dudes don't rap. Straight up. They're too busy out there getting to that REAL life. None of these dudes were kingpins and all this rah-rah non-sense. It just sounds fly. 

In fact, tell me who lived all those gangster tales when you were selling it to kids in the suburbs? If thats the case as you've put it. Harsh reality? Stop it. You didn't live that life. 

Isn't this what YOU did as a record label employee? Why weren't you pushing Will Smith's albums then? I'm sure there was a message you would have preferred then. Instead, i'll let you contradict yourself with "harsh realities".  

Rap is and has been about material consumption with a sprinkle of exposes on reality and social commentary. All forms and fashions. Rap isn't one thing. Even in the time periods you speak of.  Does ross only talk about bricks or doesn't he talk about providing for his family, growing up poor, and treating his women properly and spending money on himself. 

Thanks, so clearly you admit that you ultimately have no point except that you just choose to argue for no reason. 

Chill out. 

Spoke on this in the red.

roll.gif
 with the inspirational poster quotes. Corny. 

"I don't know how to move any other way. Inferiority is not an option"...what are you even talking about? We're not talking about how long you look in the mirror in the morning. 

And yes, just because you worked in that atmosphere doesn't make your opinion more valid on the music. You stay coming in with "numbers" that artists do as if that indicates quality content. If that was the case, Wayne has dropped two classics for selling 1 million a week twice....and we know he hasn't. 

You're missing the point entirely and talking in circles. Where did I come in with "numbers"? Where did I mention working in the industry. When did I suggest my opinion was MORE valid.

It sounds like you've had some things you've been wanting to get off your chest about me for a while, none of which really pertains to what's being discussed here.

So what exactly is your issue. My opinion is no more valid than yours. Maybe you have an inferiority complex that causes you to react to me the way you do.

Your choice of words "straight lifestyle music" was corny to me.

I'm too pure? I didn't live that life. You know me? I would imagine my lifestyle is closer to Ross', from beginning to now, on several levels, than you could ever imagine.

Statistically, I should not be where I am. You're out here making assertions about me personally. Think about how stupid you sound.

But you don't see may saying to lame *+!* like "straight lifestyle music". You reading out of a rap handbook son.

YOU said all music is an escape. That is false. And you're going off on tangents trying to make a case. And failing. Some music....some GREAT music touches on reality. I'm not talking about HOOD reality either. But you so about that "lifestyle" I guess that's how you interpret it.

Drake is real. Puts his emotions out there. Even if you call him a simp. Ghostface can write a love song to his Mother. Pac was emotional.

You keep talking like you know me, and yet you know nothing. You have NO idea what I pushed as a record label employee. Thankfully it wasn't fraudulent !$++#$+@.

And I would have had no problem pushing Will Smith. I guess he's not "gangster" enough for you though. I guess that's not that "straight lifestyle music" that you about.

If inspirational poster quotes are corny to you, cool. They're still inspirational. You can keep being inspired by Rick Ross. Not the real Rick Ross. But that other guy.

You damn right I'm aware of how bad $%%! it out there. I came from that and moved out. I came from a generation that listened to Public Enemy. BDP. We became a generation of thinkers because of that. You wouldn't know anything about that.

You said "straight lifestyle music". I asked if that was your lifestyle. You said "no". So you already sound lame. You can't tell me *+!*. "How long you look in the mirror"?

Like, what the *%%@ are you talking about. You're boderline hysterical with this rant. Who are you?

If you have some kind of problem with me, which you seem to, and you live in NY, feel free to PM me and we can handle it in the gym.

I bet you thought you was doin' it with that rainbow *!%+ too....

I mean if we going off sales that means 50 is better than Jay too right?

GRODT is better than every Jay album because it sold more... How much an album sold means nothing to how good it was. The Carter 3 sold a mil in a week and it was horrible.

Whenever 50 is talked about sales is Involved cuz that is all his fans have to go with. GRODT is a great album but not lyrically. But still Great, the massacre was what like 16, 17 tracks and only 8 of them were good if that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is after beg for mercy 50's career is pretty mediocre. It would be hard to name 20 good tracks

Again, I never mentioned sales. But we need to recognize 50 for what he did, even if his music is not that great now.

This dude revolutionized music and business. On some "I was on a major label, now I don't need them, and I'ma do it MYSELF".

Killed the mixtapes. Mastered his OWN marketing and promotion.

And basically set off an air of independence that resonates today. Dipset helped as well.

Artists realized they didn't need labels. They could do it themselves. And then the labels would come to THEM with the check. And no slave deal.

50 did it. Dipset did it. Cudi did it. Drake did it.

That, and his investments, are what make 50's career > Ross' to me. But that could change. Ross is definitely working the viral/video game very well.

I've worked for an independent forever now. Like Company Flow said...."Independent As #+%%". We do *#$% our own way, by our own rules, compete with the big dogs.....and win.

Why yall argue with a dude who has to type out Rick Fraud in capital letters in all of his posts. Dude has way to much time invested into hating Rozay, its really not that serious.

I see I'm a big part of what started a heated discussion in here.

I can see both sides of the argument.

Only a fool would argue that Ross is even 1/2 as big as 50 was at one point (or ever will be) and had as big of an effect on the music business as Fif had.

Hell, Ross is trying to copy the G-Unit model in a lot of ways.

At the end of the day, you take all of their songs and compare them 1 for 1, Ross is coming out on top (not really that close) and it's only going to get worse w/ time (this is all my opinion of course). 

Isn't that what matters the most at the end of the day?  The music?  Do you guys really value buzz and business moves over music?

And I find it funny DK feels the need to make sales such a big part of his argument, when Reasonable Doubt didn't do jack squat compared to Get Rich Or Die Tryin'.

Does than mean that it's a better album, or that it's better musically?

Exactly.

See, I think this is where sales can come in as a factor.

Everything else is an OPINION. "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't".

Ross songs are better than 50's 1 for 1. To some. In recent history, I would agree. To others maybe not.

This is all OPINION. Music is so subjective. Yet cats on here always seem to want to compare things that really can't be compared.

The only CONCRETE element you can use in comparing these things are the sales, spins, charts, Youtube views, ticket sales etc..

That's the only REALITY that separates these things. Everything else is opinion. Opinions are like %@%$!#!#.

So if 50's biggest song or album is 10 times bigger than Ross', doesn't that count for something too?

If 50's 1st album was so enormously bigger than all of Ross' combined, doesn't that count for something? I'm not saying it makes him BETTER, but doesn't it make him BIGGER?

And isn't that a factor in one having a greater career than the other?

It's not like 50 came out making Pop record either. Though "21 Questions" (which was on GRODT), "Smile", "I Want To Get To Know You" clearly had a target audience.

But I have no problem with a dude who, YES, by all accounts was a REAL dude who did REAL things, also being real enough to rap to and about women. Because it's real life.

My only issue with 50 is that he @#@@%$* on Ja for a certain style and then jacked it.

All valid points.

50's stats were taking place in an era when albums were still copped instead of being "illegally" downloaded by the masses, though.

Yes, music is all subjective.

But to the non-partial fan (such as myself who has rocked w/ both of their music at a point in time), I think most would agree that Ross has a better catalog from top to bottom and it's only going to keep growing, at the end of the day.

50 has a classic mixtape and a classic album.  After that, it's all average as can possibly be/trash sprinkled in with some gems as far as I'm concerned.

Ross has 4 very solid albums (which consecutively get better) and his 5th is highly anticipated by the masses.

There was a Ross thread on here this past week and each one of his albums was mentioned as someone's best/favorite album.  And nobody argued w/ them.  That only speaks to the quality/consistency of this man's music.  How many other artists get their first 4 albums argued as their best while continually growing as an artist?  Honest question.  I'm curious of the answers.

And there's no excuse for 50 to put out a piece of #%@@ and call it an album, IMO (2 of them).  Does that not count for anything?

50's fall from grace is amazing to me.  How the hell do you fall the +!!+ off that hard over the course of 6-7 years musically?  Was it an aberration?  Was the hype ever really justified?  Not necessarily saying it was all hype, but it begs the question.

So because this man finds himself as rich as real world business execs and power players (through side business/hustles), he can just stop making even decent music?  Why do we give him this pass?  Musically, 50 Cent has been hot garbage on a plate since 2006.

This man was never truly about the music.  He was about the hustle and the hustle only.  Which is fine (no problem if that's him).

Man that song was TOUGH. Swizz makes trash beats and the one beat that isn't on a official release is one of the hottest beats i've heard from him. This should've been on a album.

You would think that Ross is Biggie in the flesh on this message board why cant we just say he's nice and that's it... Why

First it was the he's better than jeezy thing, Now ya'll are telling me his music catalog is better than 50's, And when i say catalog you better believe im including mixtapes (Which would be a strong Case for both of them Actually)

I hate that NT always brings up sales, buzz, charting etc. (especially in this case because the two artist at ? arent in the same stratosphere)

So im just going to go with straight up music and the impact the music had on the hip-hop generation in total. With that said if it wasnt for 50 & dipset the mixtape game as we know it would not exist. That alone is a testament to just how Good those mixtapes were MUSICALLY. Both 50 and Ross are neither Superb Lyricist(In the likes of Jay, Nas, etc...) but both know how to create great songs. Off one album alone 50 has better songs than Ross entire catalog. 10 years from now people are going to remember All of GRODT meanwhile i find it hard pressed for people to be visiting back ross old material like that. 

Another reason i dont take any of this Ross *!! serious is because nobody was itching to call him a possible great up until about six months ago. Where was all this appreciation through his first four albums. Bottom line is yes there good, they are far from classic, and ya'll are once again making an artist seem bigger than they are

nobody is saying 50 hasnt fell off idk why u keep reiterating that. he can suck the rest of his career that doesnt make any of his old material worse. 50 in his musical prime was at a level that ross will never reach. rozay's music is catchy he picks good beats and has a decent flow but when it comes down to it he really aint saying %$@+. he has very little substance and a big part of that is because he was never living out what he was spitting out. his rhymes are nice but his verses as a whole usually have no direction whatsoever. when has ross ever told a story, given us a glimpse of his life growing up or even made a dope concept record. hes nowhere near as versatile as 50 was. and on all his collaborations he very rarely has the best verse. 50 has more than held his own on songs with The Game, banks, a prime eminem, mobb deep, etc. now i know 50 hasnt worked with as many artists as ross has but that is because he never had to sell out to sell records (at least early on). he did his thing while putting his team on without much help from people outside his camp. and albums were def being illegally downloaded back then bruh u never heard of kazaa?

Back
Top Bottom