How to make it in America(HBO series)

I enjoy dudes music, but even in those two brief scenes dudes camerapresence was so awkward.  Doesn't surprise me, dude always seemed sortof awkward when he worked at Bape
laugh.gif

That was pretty much my point. He's always "in character" for this character. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

It's aight. First show didn't hit me like "damn yo, slammin!" like yall
eyes.gif
but hopefully it'll get better as time goes on. 
I'm guessing you are in Cali? NYC>CALI
laugh.gif
What does where I live have to do with it?
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I enjoy dudes music, but even in those two brief scenes dudes camerapresence was so awkward.  Doesn't surprise me, dude always seemed sortof awkward when he worked at Bape
laugh.gif
That was pretty much my point. He's always "in character" for this character. 
laugh.gif

I don't know, it seemed like he was casted as the suave/player role, just don't know if I see that in him*shrugs*

I feel like it'll end up being more of a face in the crowd of every party/club scene role, which is appropriate, I guess.

Who know at this point? I'm commited to the show though for this season at least, I need something to live out my psuedo-male fantasies since Entourage isn't on...

dmbrhs, I agree with you about this show being a comedy/drama. But with a 28 minute runtime I would expect the show to be 80% comedy with some dramatic elements that progress an actual compelling storyline.

That aside. This show is obviously on the same scale as Entourage so if your already a fan of Wahlberg's production I'm not trying to sway anyone. For the record, I've only seen (could stomach) one episode.

airmaxpenny1, lewelz at the masterpiece theater comment. But you do bring up some interesting points as to why people watch and enjoy these types of programs. But this show is just so darn forced, I can understand if you watched the show and then happened to catch something that maybe might turn up in the Celebs Wearing Heat thread but to be so on the nose with it to actually point out "Hand Dyed Indigo with a Left Handed Weave" I can't help but
eyes.gif

Criticisms aside. Shannyn Sossamon is old, she peaked at 40 Days/Rules Of Attraction, so this show has no hot young face attached to it--female (sidenote: Marky Mark is obviously throwing Luis Guzmán a bone with his role) I sat through a season of Gossip Girl for Taylor Momsen, so this show would have baited me if it gave me more then skate decks and a supreme snap back sighting.

All in all, from the stop motion helvetica opening theme to energy drinks to premium denim, I won't be tuning in. But being that I watched the entire first ep I thought i'd stop by and post here once, maybe a couple times. I'll leave you guys to slop up the rest of the mess this show spews out.

Now that I think about it I should applaud HBO and Rob Weiss for a show being so positively received by its target audience. Well Done.

Originally Posted by iequalratings

Now that I think about it I should applaud HBO and Rob Weiss for a show being so positively received by its target audience. Well Done.
Kind of easy...They made it filled with specifics, and everydude who runs with circles downtown will think this show is basically their own life.  Sex in the City for Guys

I sat through a season of Gossip Girl for Taylor Momsen, so this showwould have baited me if it gave me more then skate decks and a supremesnap back sighting.
It seems that you are engaged by, albeit a different visual, the same superficiality that you're criticizing, no?
stop motion helvetica opening theme
laugh.gif

Impressive eye for detail, anyway.

There is art that society comes to reflect, and art that reflects society. I really don't see what substance your criticisms have.

(using my other screenname)

Alright, so I'm not going to bash this show anymore. It's an uphill battle that won't be won here.

Instead I will appreciate the fact that this show will be another outlet for local NY rappers to cameo on and hopefully bless us with another

priceless.

Originally Posted by iequalratings

dmbrhs, I agree with you about this show being a comedy/drama. But with a 28 minute runtime I would expect the show to be 80% comedy with some dramatic elements that progress an actual compelling storyline.
Expecting a modern half hour show to be 80% comedy is like expecting a modern sitcom to have a laugh track. It's just not the formula anymore, whether you like it or not. Californication is the prime example of the modern half hour TV dramedy.

Is dudes really butt hurt over this?!?!

Why can't people just see this for what it is? Mindless entertainment with "street" culture references.

Smoke some and kill 30 min watching it if you want to. Keep it moving if you don't.

I just peeped it, and I mess with it....

The Painter dude pulled a robbery on my boy though...
laugh.gif

its blocked in Canada, where else can I watch it other than youtube...

help a brother out!

Back
Top Bottom