How was the early 2000s?

Do you remember the store DEMO in Columbia Mall that used to sell all streetwear? Vividly remember all the Fat Albert stuff there
laugh.gif
yes, used to be where the l'occitane currently is on that wing that connects with nordstrom...

Last edited:
Another forgotten dude from that "Streetball Era" was Bone Collector. 

NBATV used to show Rucker games in like 03. I remember this battle between Jamaal Tinsley and Bone Collector. Man, that was probably fun to be at in the park live.

Last edited:
So glad this thread got bumped :pimp:. This was THE era mane. Especially to be a teen. I jumped off the porch then. Like others said, the perfect balance between technology and personal human interaction.

The summers just seemed memorable. There was always a "summer anthem". Pop Music was actuallg good. 106 & Park was actually good. TRL and MTV was actually then. Reality tv....was actually real. Parties meant people actually danced, and didn't stand around trying to look cool and take pics.

The fashion was completely new, outrageous...but still fresh. Urban clothing was supported by its community. Both locally and nationwide. Video games were $39.99. ISO ball era in NBA meant a 50 pt game more frequently. AI was the man. Eastbay magazines. None of this "shoe raffle" BS. eBay protected sellers...and was a place to cop rare things. Cheaper too. Finding steals at the $29.99 Tennis shoe warehouse. Hitting chicks on the aim, blackplanet etc. Teen clubs were the move. Hammerjacks, Xtreme's, Choices, Paradox for my city. I see yall in here :pimp:. You couldn't go out unless you were at least 4 deep.

Who remembers watching Blind Date, Elimidate, and the 5th wheel before leaving the crib in the summer. Sht used to come on from like 12-1:30. And 1 street ball right before too. I can still do that traveling *** "sauce 2k" :lol:. The NBA was really threatened by street ball then for no reason. They always used to talk down on And1's name.

Me and my brother used to watch all those and MTV Jams (which the jam of the week always seemed to be "Big Pimpin", "Santana's Town", "Flip side" or "Shake ya tail feather")...before heading out in the streets w/ our free size tees and capris w/ the strings :pimp:.

Last edited:
Man you just made me want to kick over a table with that post :lol: perfectly summed up. Those dating shows were hilarious and pretty raunchy for the time. "Next time on the 5th Wheel..." :lol:

NBATV used to show Rucker games in like 03. I remember this battle between Jamaal Tinsley and Bone Collector. Man, that was probably fun to be at in the park live.
Hell I still remember that boy Bone Collector. He was my 2nd favorite right behind Hot Sizzle. Skip To My Lou had all them boys thinking they could make it to the NBA.

Do you remember when the first And 1 video game came out? 

Street hoops was cool I used to turn off every song except da rockwilder and bump that joint on repeat

AO was my dude from and 1 I always liked his game the most

Yeah...ESPN2 used to show EBC Rucker Games, the life...Bobito Garcia's "It's the shoes". The first time I seen Chris Brown perform was at halftime of a Rucker game. He was performing "Run It"....before he added Juelz to it and it blew up. The crowd wasn't feeling it....nobody was paying attention :lol:. I remember thinking....this dude has a generic *** name, and the same name as the Titans RB. He ain't go blow up.

Y'all remember that streetball series with Magic Johnson on MTV with white chocolate? :lol:. Or MTV Battlegrounds? ESPN and MTV got in on the streetball wave.

MTV Nike Battlegrounds. Young Pat Bev at 17:30

Last edited:
u took it back with battlegrounds, I remember I had the ebc tape from the summer Kobe played

Last edited:
Forgot about Battleground for a minute...Had one of the shirts- The Dome :smokin

Wish I could find the first two seasons of College Hill when they were at Langston & Grambling. Very hard to find anything on those two seasons. It's as if the schools made them destroy all of the footage.

Y'all remember that and one episode where sik wit it got into a brawl with that one dude whyte chocolate, hen mtv came out with some streetball reality show and that whyte chocolate guy won the whole thing? :lol: I can't believe I just typed all that out :rofl:

the early 2000s were great. Going online was a hassle and getting yelled at to get off the internet so you werent tying up the house line LOL..After school consisted of goin home and going on AIM to talk to your friends. And instead of texting we passed notes in class without getting caught...man i miss those days...

I hate that helicopter parenting has become the norm.

Back in the days go outside at 8/9am after breakfast, maybe come inside for food then look under the bed for loose change to hit up mr. softee man. After that you werent seen again until about the street lights came on. boy these kids dont do summer like we used to. not in NYC at least. 

Maybe it was a regional thing, but I remember Guess jeans being big in the late 90's early 2000's in the philly area. Macy's was the place to go to get some guess jeans and a RL polo shirt

I still want a powder blue Sean Jean Velour suite....with crispy white lowtop AF-1's, and a white nike headband :pimp:. I remember the velour suit being expensive. My cousin put one on layaway :lol:.

Getting twerked on in that fit must've felt like heaven.

Nike Swingman jerseys :pimp: (I wasn't paying them authentic prices)

Coogi sweaters :pimp:

Not having any trouble getting the newest Jordan's. All you had to do was show up early. :pimp: Only a certain people was up on Jordan's and foams. Now everybody a sneakerhead cuz the hype. :smh:

Going to circuit city on a Tuesday to get the new Hov, Eminem, DMX album. :pimp:

King magazine :smh: :pimp:

Watchin dis after school

Hits was the show. :lol: Dude was funny as hell.

Once they changed The Box to MTV2 it was the beginning of the end. :smh:

Im 18 and during the early 2000s I was around 6, so I was aware of how **** was but now when I hear about back then, I hear it was smooth as hell and way more different than time now. So, how was it different than this era in terms of lifestyle, music, parties hangin with people etc. 

Edit: And don't post obvious **** like oversized jerseys. I can just watch some old Fab video and see that ****. Explain how the vibe was how life is different, songs that make you remember something from back then etc.

Huh? I would expect ppl to ask about the 60 through 80's the 90's wasn't even that long ago.:rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom