how would y'all deal with a situation like this...?

i was out for lunch one day with mom, and she told me about some money she's about to come into from sold property that was once owed by my grandmother. she tells me the money was being split up amongst her and her siblings. i asked how did she hear about the property being sold, seeing as though she hasn't kept in touch with her fam in decades. she said a lawyer, dealing with the sale of the property, looked her up and sent a letter.

she dug in her purse and showed me the letter. attached to it was a spreadsheet of sorts showing her family members and the amounts giving to them. she was getting a nice little chunk, which i told her she should put some away and squander the rest on herself, but she wants to share some to my little sis and me.

she went on to say after she was contacted by the lawyer, everyone in her family started to contact her and she was so elated to hear from them after all these years. the conversation got a little funny when she told me about one person in particular contacting her after so long, her nephew. it seems he and his sisters got the same letter.

(back story) -back in 2000, my aunt pasted, she had three kids, two daughters and a son. the two girls were in their late teens and the boy was 13 or 14 at the time. the girls were probably living with their boyfriends at the time, so my mom offered her nephew my room after i graduated high school, moved out and joined the military. he stayed for a week or so, but didn't want to do right. he told her she wasn't his mother and he didn't want her to tell him what to do. he felt like he was old enough to take care of himself and wanted her to drop him back off in the bad neighborhood he just left. she told me she tried to get him to stay, but he persisted. a day or so later, she reluctantly drove him back and never heard from him again until after the lawyer contacted her about the sale of the property.-

she told me that in the last week or so, her nephew was calling her multiple times a week and sometimes twice or more a day. i don't want to look too much into it, because on the surface it can look like he is just getting back in contact with his aunt after all these years, but he's got me wondering about these conversations they have. he's telling her these pitiful stories about himself not being able to find a job due to his criminal record, his 7 kids by multiple mothers, not having a car to get around, and wanting to start a business but not having financing to start said business. she told me dude called her at work one day and asked her who was living there at the house with her. when she told him she lives by herself, he told her she should let him come over and cook for her and take care of her. i chuckled cause that sounds like something you tell a cougar you're trying to move in on, not your aunt after not speaking for 10+ years.

i'm ready to have a long conversation with my cuz. what do y'all think? what would NT do in this situation, or would y'all fall back and do nothing?

I would tell my mother to suggest that they just split his mother's portion out between her kids. Thats the most logical thing to do.

I wouldn't let my moms give him a dime, doe. He had his chance.

How many people are living there? :wow:

If anyone asked my mom this ..... I kind of freaked out a little bit for you when I read that. I would not react well to that.

my cousins are getting their share. they were included in the letter.

i'm thinking he remembers her kindheartedness back then, and wants the same now.

So the dude is having is share of the money? So maybe he is not in for the money (or maybe he wants more).

Seriously, he had his chances and his life is a damn mess (7 children with different women :smh: )

He can contact your mom and everything, but living with her? It's too soon and he should not have the by pass because he is her nephew, it's been so long, he needs to prove himself...

Last edited:
He's trying to pull the okey doke on your moms bruh.

Butter her up and be nice to her so she can hit him off with some loot.

He has that hood mentality and I've seen it my whole life.

Not saying every hood dude or person that grew up in the hood is sneaky... but all them dudes I grew up with I watch out the corner of my eye.

Yes it is a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

Put you moms on to his ways before he cleans her out.

He could be plotting for even something else, but I know this N is being nice out the blue just to be with the lifestyle you said he has.

a day or so later, she reluctantly drove him back and never heard from him again until after the lawyer contacted her about the sale of the property.
I hate dudes who operate like this.

I'll be damned if I let someone take advantage of moms.

You know why he contacted your mother.

Get in contact with that clown & check him.

Last edited:
dude is like 26 or something, there ain't no way in hell he's moving back in with my mom. that ship has sailed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

it does seem like he wants to take advantage though. i might need to let him know that i'm onto his shenanigans.

dude is like 26 or something, there ain't no way in hell he's moving back in with my mom. that ship has sailed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
it does seem like he wants to take advantage though. i might need to let him know that i'm onto his shenanigans.

:smh:

Just clap his shoulders

trying to take other shares. could be something your other relatives are in on as well.

i have fam dealing with similar situation.

Silverbullet is he goon.

What if you come out of pocket with him and let him know that you're on to his schemes you think he's going to flip out and pop off?

the rest of the family doesn't call as much as dude and i'm not worried with them. they all seem to have their s**t together, so i find it hard to believe that such an amount is of any concern to them.

he's just coming off a bit extra with his chumminess.

as far as clapping shoulders, i'm confident it won't come to that, but seeing as though his sister said he sees himself as a thug angel, the thought has crossed my mind.

u gotta holla at lil dude. if he gettin some money, i dnt see why he callin ya mom. but i dont play bout my mom so u gotta go see what up

Silverbullet is he goon.

What if you come out of pocket with him and let him know that you're on to his schemes you think he's going to flip out and pop off?

this. you never know it could be a set up, asking who still lives at the house and stuff is kinda suspicious.

goon, i don't know. he's made quite a name for himself in the streets, i've heard. my half brother told me his dad has heard about him. :lol: :lol: :lol: he even offered to give him a piece if dude ever came over and got out of line.

Money makes people do some wild stuff. Better safe than sorry. Don't let anyone mess with your moms, check that fool ASAP and dead that notion.

Back
Top Bottom