How would you fend off a dog attack?

I got attacked by a pitbull a few months ago, I'm only 16, and i'm skinny as hell, it came running at me out of nowhere and latched onto my leg, I punched it in the eye, then it let go long enough for

me to get away. 4 3-inch deep puncture woulds. I guess the scars are a story to tell 'doe

Ever since then, I been kinda scared of dogs
30t6p3b.gif

Id stop , turn round, take about a 3 step start and field goal kick a pitbull right in the face if it came at me, bro.

Crazy story, I like dogs.. a lot... not a big fan of cats (mostly because I'm allergic) but anways... I plan to have one eventually for my son to enjoy and to provide a home to an animal..

I do disagree though with individuals being able to have multiple potential killers in their household without any control.. If my son was ever attacked or injured by one of these animals I don't know what I'd do.. but the owner would definitely feel my wrath.. big time..very preventable and irresponsible on the part of the owner..

Originally Posted by lilMITE87

I got attacked by a pitbull a few months ago, I'm only 16, and i'm skinny as hell, it came running at me out of nowhere and latched onto my leg, I punched it in the eye, then it let go long enough for

me to get away. 4 3-inch deep puncture woulds. I guess the scars are a story to tell 'doe

Ever since then, I been kinda scared of dogs
30t6p3b.gif

i have a scar from a dog bite on my leg too, cept it was one of those stupid little furball kinda dogs.

I made it drink some vodka and it bit me, had to punch it in the face also.

Lol.

This is kind of why I don't like some dogs. When dogs attack, they go in with no regard for human life (pun/no pun intended). I don't know what I'd do but I'm gonna do my best to make sure I never end up in this situation. I'd be too shook.

I keep a strip of Jack Links Teriyaki beef jerky in my wallet...just incase.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Break their tail if you can

One of my adopted dogs has a broken tail
frown.gif

cb116a22701ee49936d8118f18599ccd51e90386.jpeg

That's him
frown.gif

I had a dog try and bite me when riding a bike before. I sped up before it could latch itself onto me. I just kept playing Debo's music to pump myself up and not trying to get victimized.

I actually had to learn because in our community there are wild coyotes. Wrapped one of your arms with your jacket/clothing and offer your arm to it. While the dog bites you, fall on top of him, and gouge out both his eyeballs.

But really the best method is to make yourself look big by leaning forward with your arms outward and looking directly at their eyes. Hopefully this will scare the dog and it will run off.

I carry an air horn or pepper spray, and a walking stick while jogging or walking the dog.

Hit it on the tip of the nose, faster and more effective than gouging at the eyes. Dogs noses are extremely sensitive and if you hit it hard enough the dog will submit immediately. 

As a runner ive had my share of dogs chasing me. Of course i know i cant outrun them, but more than a few times ive looked like a nike ad trying to speed up away from one and jumping over a fence taking a detour or something
laugh.gif

but i havent had one bite me yet, just chase me but some are just territorial and if you cross the street they'll leave you alone.

Legs are the strongest part of the body so I would definitely try to kick it

In this situation you're basically screwed. 8 pit bulls?

I would keep kicking and try to get up and just get away.

The other day I was leaving my crib and as I opened the door this unleashed pit looks at me and starts barking and runs towards me.

3204840swsw.gif

Not about that life.

i would never harm a dog so i would run and climb or just simply jump the nearest fence

im amazing at running from the police, id just use the same mindframe, plus i know my hood inside and out

to many get a ways

Does screaming or yelling in a loud masculine way help, I wonder? If you had enough time and saw it running, would running at it cause a change in their behavior? I would believe I would have enough energy to build up a kick or two that would break some ribs, but the reality is you are pretty much defenseless.

I'll never understand owners of dogs they allow to get out, especially if they are vicious. They need to sue that lady and pursue countless charges. It almost sounds like nothing is gonna happen to her. Don't let her own any animals ever again. I would feel so much hatred for something like that... One dog getting out, I can see. But a pack of 7 month olds, who you'd think would barely know how to fight.. Sounds like a dog fighting ring to me..

Back
Top Bottom