HTC Thunderbolt

Anyone on here have the new HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon?  I am eligible to upgrade soon and have my eye on that phone.  Any thoughts/comments/problems with it? 

Thanks in advance

an IT guy here at work got it today. He literally skipped down the hallways when the package was delivered.
I'll update this tomorrow. he's supposed to let me know how it is..

-J-

Thunderbolt was making me want to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon.

It's officially out?
I've been wanting to mess with one hands-on but it's been delayed.

i have it and honestly it is the best phone out, the fastest in every aspect, moving around and surfing the net... the biggest drawback is battery life...

you wont understand the speed of 4gLTE until you experience it yourself, i dont have to wait anything for pages to load, the UI is seamless when it moves around and has htc sense 2.0 which is really cool. I would recommend this phone over the iphone(btw my dad has an iphone 4). This is the best phone out hands down PERIOD

Originally Posted by proper english

um, we have an official iPhone thread you know?
Proper reading and comprehension?

As for the phone, I went to my local Verizon store over the weekend to check out the 4g speeds but it's not available in my area.  They have 4g in Boston but I guess I'm too far out from the tower.  But I did see that Verizon announced more cities to be getting 4g before the end of the year and my city is on there.

I have a Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) and an HTC Thunderbolt in my possession. I must say, there isn't much of an upgrade here. Except for the 4G, of course.

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by proper english

um, we have an official iPhone thread you know?
Proper reading and comprehension?

As for the phone, I went to my local Verizon store over the weekend to check out the 4g speeds but it's not available in my area.  They have 4g in Boston but I guess I'm too far out from the tower.  But I did see that Verizon announced more cities to be getting 4g before the end of the year and my city is on there.

OP, check this thread out..  http://niketalk.com/topic/117204/Official-iPhone-Page-1-Tutorials-Apps--iPhone-4-Jailbroken
youre welcum.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Wait for the next iPhone, skip the Thunderbolt and iPhone 4

iPhone>>>________
Apple
pimp.gif

i have an iPhone 4 and thunderbolt...

Opinions:

The thunderbolt's battery life is HORRIBLE! I'm lucky if I get 6 hours out of it (there are ways to get better life) when I'm on 4G LTE

If rooting wasn't so difficult and easy to detect, the thunderbolt would win hands down, easily (except for the battery life thing).

all Android batteries suck...I had the Hero and Nexus One and both batteries would be dead like half a day into work even if I was barely using them, it's ******ed people are like "download task killer" which has a minimal effect anyway and you shouldn't have to open it open and click it every 5 minutes.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

all Android batteries suck...I had the Hero and Nexus One and both batteries would be dead like half a day into work even if I was barely using them, it's ******ed people are like "download task killer" which has a minimal effect anyway and you shouldn't have to open it open and click it every 5 minutes.

Yea, I've heard. It just sucks in general, I'm kinda pissed about that (one of the reasons why I left the Windows Mobile platform), stuff stays open forever. 

BUT, when you're NOT on 4G, the battery life is great. There is no obvious way to disable 4G on the Thunderbolt however, like other android phones w/4G.
Thunderbolt users:

dial:

*#*#4636#*#* 

This will allow you to enter a hidden "Testing" menu.

Open Phone information.

Change from CDMA+LTE/EvDo Auto -----> CDMA Auto (prl)

This will disable 4G (unless you need it, you can re-enable) and will extend your battery significantly.

I've owned 4 Android phones [G1, MyTouch3g, Samsung Vibrant] and in just 4 days the Thunderbolt is my fab. Amazing screen, fast doesn't even give the description justice.. this phone flies! Camera imo could go head to head with a 5-7mp digital cam and take superior pics. Hardware wise phone feels great in your hand and the kickstand is very useful. Front facing cam is pretty decent. LTE speeds are insane.Only gripe is battery but I've been able to go 8hrs and still be at 30% battery improves once it starts to cycle and turn of silly widgets like Friendstream.. task managers and etcPhone is great

I turned off the GPS and turned down the brightness on the display and it's good money. LTE is crazy fast.

Best phone out.

Originally Posted by 365k

Thunderbolt was making me want to switch from T-Mobile to Verizon
Yesterday I  made the switch from T-Mobile to Verrizon to get this phone. Brought the last one in the store, loving it to the fullest

Back
Top Bottom