huf in la?

Quote:
i dont like the idea of huf going to la. it seems like huf's stuff wont be that exclusive to me any more. when i think of huf i think of a straight up frisco store. if they got one in la it just wont seem the same to me any more cause la is our rival.

***SELLING 90s hip hop vinyl and DJ equipment. Contact me if interested!***

^la is always going to be our rivals, giants vs. dogers, 9ers vs. radiers etc.. its been going on long before you were here and its gonna be going on long after yur gone. theres always going to a rivarly between the bay and la. its just how it is. when u have two or more big cities in the same state there is always going to be a rivalry. i dont know how thats being immature??? if i said @#%$ la and all that stuff, then that would be immature, but i didnt say anything like that. i guess u read too fast or didnt understand what i wrote. having a friendly rivalry aint immature, its human nature.

After thinking about it, I would love to keep HUF a SF exclusive. The reason why people in the Bay rep HUF so hard is because it's our own thing. Supreme is a different situation. Since NY and LA already have a store, I don't see why opening one in the Bay would hurt them. SF use to be a mecca with skaters so it's only proper to open one here. By no means should HUF expand if they feel that it's an approach that would profit their business, I just feel that some people who buys HUF because its an SF exclusive would feel as though their money isn't worth the extra mile.

HUF will make their money one way or another, but having the same respect from their customers is a whole different story. Certain things should be kept in the city. You'll never see a Giants Dugout in LA that's for damn sure.
AIM: HEATHUNTER881 (ALWAYS CONTACT ME DIRECTLY ON AIM!!!)
FOR SALE: HUF x NEW ERA: QUAKE2 - BLACK AND GREY - 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8
WANTED: New Era 7 1/4 or 7 3/8: - Alife, Atmos, HUF (Harringbone & Wool), Maiden Noir, Supreme (Script)
WANTED: 9 or 9.5 - AM90 Clerks, AM90 DQM, AM90 Safari, Stussy Court Force (Black & Purple), Supreme Blazer (Red & Black), Vans x W)Taps Chukka (Black)

Another quick note, this reminds me of the older NCAA days where colleges use to scout talents strictly from their own cities. The Bay is so major, we can practically do everything on our own. Collaborations are always welcome though, but let's keep it strictly in the city.
FOR SALE: HUF x NEW ERA: QUAKE2 - BLACK AND GREY - 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/2, 7 5/8
WANTED: New Era 7 1/4 or 7 3/8: - Alife, Atmos, HUF (Harringbone & Wool), Maiden Noir, Supreme (Script)
WANTED: 9 or 9.5 - AM90 Clerks, AM90 DQM, AM90 Safari, Stussy Court Force (Black & Purple), Supreme Blazer (Red & Black), Vans x W)Taps Chukka (Black)

Quote:
I would love to keep HUF a SF exclusive. The reason why people in the Bay rep HUF so hard is because it's our own thing

u took the words right out of my mouth

Quote:
Why do things always have to be a rivalry? Are people still playing that west coast east coast thing or even worse norcal versus socal? To me, that's just being immature.
iono about you guys but i was raised to believe any LA sports team was our sworn enemy...theres nothing immature about it, its a long running tradition and its actually strange to find a SF native who doesnt share the same views on LA... to me, thats just a part of being born and raised in san francisco...
Quote:
I would love to keep HUF a SF exclusive. The reason why people in the Bay rep HUF so hard is because it's our own thing
TEAM XBOX360
GAMERTAG : jae 0h en takes do0 d0o's infreshhsnikes
the 0 is a zero...word​

The only thing these stores stay loyal to are dollar bills and even those are going down.
Life is hard, but so am I​

that would be crazy if supreme opens in sf...i defintely still rep the HUf though just off GP.lol

Quote:
iono about you guys but i was raised to believe any LA sports team was our sworn enemy...theres nothing immature about it, its a long running tradition and its actually strange to find a SF native who doesnt share the same views on LA... to me, thats just a part of being born and raised in san francisco...
WORD.

Did you guys seriously think streetwear would always be 2002???? Gethefckoutahere... this industry is rakin billions, more from corporations using street credible companies to make their "cool"... todays socalled streetwear companies are different than lets say the "old" streetwear monsters, it aint hard to tell

Well said rounders. Nothing stays underground for long.

The Hundreds were purchased by Anchor Blue. Yeah, that same store you see in every mall...I'm sure Bobby cut a nice deal.

Quote:
The Hundreds were purchased by Anchor Blue. Yeah, that same store you see in every mall...I'm sure Bobby cut a nice deal.

When did this occur?

As a business where local supports pured money into your store, do you care more about loyalty or making even more money? There are businesses that will will sell out (no doubt) but there are others who will keep it the way it is. Like what I said in the previous post, HUF will get theirs regardless if they expand or what, my point was, why not keep your loyal customers happy?

if huf opens in LA, ill never wear their gear again

wackest thing ive ever heard

:rofl:
roll.gif
@ streetwear raking in billions, uck outta here

Quote:
if huf opens in LA, ill never wear their gear again

It's not an IF they open in LA... they ARE opening in LA!!!!
You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

i like the hundreds, but i think it should stay in LA.
the hundreds is different. i know some of the gear is weird and unappealing (wear-wise), but i like the brand for its culture being bold enough to push out stuff like that. i mean, after a while, looking at the same old crackle/animal/flannel/graffiti/bold font print shirts gets lame. Even though I wouldn't buy that 'cred' shirt myself, i can see it more for the statement its making (clothes = autocred). Its about representing not only LA, but street culture in general, as opposed to just putting out the same tees.
but because the brand is so LA cultural, having one in SF is kinda out-of place.
also the dudes behind the brand are way cool. met bobby and ben at the swap meet.

huf should stay home. its like building the goldengate over long beach harbor...or something similar.

I would actually like a DQM or a in4mation over here tho.

need huf fitteds 7 1/2 - 7 2/3

couple things,

Quote:
@ streetwear raking in billions, uck outta here

Agreed 100%
for example like with nike. the company isn't getting rich off low number releases of quickstrikes/sb dunks etc. type boutique category. the bread and butter is urban/footlocker/champs/(hell even mervys is making more money for nike then huf, supreme, nort etc). in short, as long as the general public keeps paying $70-$100 for all white all black nike forces, team shoes, and jordans, they're rake'n in profit. all these sb and quicksrike/tier 0/tier 1 accounts are making pocket change for nike. they just want to maintain a presence in the streetwear industry, they're not looking at it as a money making strategy.

Quote:
the hundreds is different. i know some of the gear is weird and unappealing (wear-wise), but i like the brand for its culture being bold enough to push out stuff like that. i mean, after a while, looking at the same old crackle/animal/flannel/graffiti/bold font print shirts gets lame.

have you looked at hundreds recent stuff.... flannel shirts/flannel cargo shorts/bold font/graffiti spray and drips, they aren't that different.
www.districtfootwear.com

Back
Top Bottom