huf in la?

^here u go :lol:
laugh.gif

Sup_

Any store will be welcomed in the BAY.

Well except for Hundreds because Hundreds is based on the LA Lifestyle.
They have no ties to the BAY. So it would be weird for them to set up shop
around here. But if they do more power to them.

If it be Supreme, UNDFTD, ATMOS or whatever.. hypebeast will sworm.

I doubt i'd be visiting any these stores or actually buying something anyways
because its not like the prices will change. RAPE prices and with SFs tax = :smh:
smh.gif
realizethetruth.net info@realizethetruth.net || booger flikr

Quote:
HUF STAY IN THE BAY! :smh:
smh.gif

Why LA of all places!?!!!?

I rather have HUF have a store in NY where Keith actually came from...

I guess no one paused to consider that the co-owner of Huf lives in LA. Huf can open up shop in NY where Keith came from, but who will manage it? Some (plural, maybe?) of the current Huf employees will be making the move down south as well.. whether or not the devoted customers or fans like it, it's gonna happen

Quote:
I guess no one paused to consider that the co-owner of Huf lives in LA. Huf can open up shop in NY where Keith came from, but who will manage it?

Interesting. I thought Keith was sole owner and that he had one or two 'managing'.

Quote:
Some (plural, maybe?) of the current Huf employees will be making the move down south as well.. whether or not the devoted customers or fans like it, it's gonna happen.

JMTK!

If they do a HUF EAST in Hilltop, I am burning everything I own.

I don't know, franchising a store just loses more credibility in being a mom and pop store. This was one of the issues with Activemailorder and now they are just a bunch of super chain skate stores. That is why Geoff Rowley and Arto Saari left cause it wasn't fitting to who they used to be. But all in all it's all about money. If it's good business, then they'll do it. I mean for me, it's getting to the point where I just don't shop at any of the stores no more. But as I go, 20 new shoe collectors come in.....

I feel that everyone decided to make their moves this year and although it makes sense, its getting to be too much. This year has been the year for streetwear getting "big" and it looks like everyone wants to cash in on it (maybe they know it will eventually fade away?). I wish everyone the best but its looking more and more like business and less and less of a "culture"

I think deep down we already knew a day like this would be coming, look at where the culture has gone. Trends within the trend keep changing and everyone is eating it up, slowly the ideas dry out and so does the support. This is all these companies have to go on and once the trend dies out, so do they. Could these expansions be moves of desperation?

Anyway, just a few things to think about...Things cant be 2005 forever, who knows how things will pan out!
Life is hard, but so am I​

I'm against the idea of HUF branching off to la. I rock at least 1 Huf item everyday, whether it be a hat, shirt, or shoes, down here in so cal for school and when people ask me what HUF is, i like telling them it's a SF thing.

an SF thing!

I feel like we're trading Barry Bonds and Jason Richardson,

....oh we did.

Keith don't do it!
TEAM AM FAM: Size 10 Homie
LIVE SIMPLE SO OTHERS CAN SIMPLY LIVE

I'm against the idea of HUF branching off to la. I rock at least 1 Huf item everyday, whether it be a hat, shirt, or shoes, down here in so cal for school and when people ask me what HUF is, i like telling them it's a SF thing.

i totally agree. everytime i go to socal, i rep HUF hard there because i know it's straight from the bay area.... :smh:
smh.gif

ive had the same experience too.

when i go down to so cal to visit my friends in college i usually bring a HUF hat. I wear them and get hella mugged.

Walked through fairfax with my grey/green skyline huf hat on and heard someone yell out "get that bay @#%$ out of here"

walked into supreme and they first asked me you from the bay? i said yes. Then they said, yall get hyphy now? didn't surprise me they said that, always had bad customer service at supreme.

also ive been to some parties down there where i met a couple other sneaker collectors. And i pretty much got the impression as i talked with them that they do not like HUF. i have no idea.

again i think its a the whole LA vs SF thing. like said before in this thread thats how its always been.

HUF in LA? I don't like it.

thats whats up

^Definitely, its been blooming for a few years now but just recently it seems to have hit its target. You see most of the larger street wear companies featured in more general magazines, you see "regulars" starting to get into it. Undefeated, union, hundreds, etc all had large changes or openings. 06-07 was the year of the big moves and the bloom to the public.

There will definitely be another generation to keep things going but in what direction? Look at what is hitting the streets now, nothing new or exciting. Streetwear usually jumps onto one bandwagon and rides it out (i.e. all over print, women, I love/heart/run this "city", hoodies). Now they have to actually start coming up with original ideas or designs and things are lacking.

Im sure there is still a long road ahead, the scene just needs a new bandwagon template to jump on so things start up again.
Life is hard, but so am I​

Seriously, what is HUF really bringing to LA that LA doesn't already have. A sneaker store? Undft, Flight Club, RIF, Union, etc. are already there. Aclothing boutique? Union, Stussy, sUpuHrEEm, 100's (dare I put them in the same list), etc. already there. A skate shop? Supreme, Diamond Supply,Brooklyn Pjts, whatever, they are everywhere. If HUF is really just looking to expand revenue by selling their products exclusively, then just open up anonline shop. Brick and mortar is gonna cost a LOT more than running a website. People are going to cry that opening up a shop online will kill the"exclusivity" that so many seek. But really, HUF can be spotted everywhere already. You ain't bringing anything new by rocking HUF gear.

^^^For real. I feel like a stooge when ever I wear HUF stuff. I mean I rock the fitteds still but the way the HUF guys rock there gear, I feel like one of thegroupies or somthing. Still I try not to put no mind into it cause it is just clothes...

HUF should just keep the flagships stores in the Bay and just have certain stores carry their clothes like they're already doing now. But you're right,HUF wouldn't really bring nothing new to the table.....

Back
Top Bottom