Human Body Exhibit Vol. AP Anatomy and Physiology 5

****MODS IF THIS IS OFFENSIVE/INAPPROPRIATE FEEL FREE TO DELETE POST****

but please don't ban me!!!

so i went to this exhibit that has actual human bodies on display that were preserved through some kind of polymer/plastic bonding.
pictures/video were not allowed of course...i used my iphone to sneak a couple of pics.
i'll let the pics do the explaining instead of typing out some narrative that people won't read anyway...

^^^the red stuff is all the arteries in the body.

^^^for all the smokers out there, peep the cancerous lungs

they also had fetuses in every stage of developement and newborns
eek.gif
...didn't want to take pictures of those though

I shouldve went when this exhibit was in town. Wouldve been cool to see considering the program im in. oh well.

man this exhibit looks low budget
i just went to see the Bodies Revealed Exhibit this past sunday and thought it was ok, sortof creepy but i enjoyed myself.

They use the corpses of Chinese prisoners
nerd.gif

Very true. But not just that.

Because there are more and more exhibits popping up due to popularity, the organizations providing the bodies just started killing prisoners who hadn'tdone anything that severe. That as well as just killing poor Chinese people off the street.

Probably a very interesting exhibit, but like everything else, supported by corruption.

i saw something on the news last week stating that the bodies were a potential health hazard because they were leaking body fluids while on display.

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Looks like a budget version of the Bodies exhibit.

Pretty much.
After seeing that 20/20 pisode about it I dunno how I feel about actually seeing the exhibit. I was very interested before.

I went to the Body Worlds exhibit when it was here in San Jose. I went with my girl cause it was free for students that day, but after going in and seeingeverything I would have gladly paid the price of admission. At first I thought that it would be weird seeing dead bodies in poses as if they were alive, butafter the initial shock it was actually very interesting. They even had a letter from a letter who donated her body to the exhibit, projected on a wall and Imust admit I was a little chocked up by it. There were so many awesome displays that I can't even begin to explain it, but if you have a chance to go seeit I say go for it even if you think that it will be weird. Trust me.

The actual "official" Bodies exhibit is in Cincinnati right now. Causing all kinds of controversy around here. Haven't been yet, but have wantedto go since I read about it 2 years ago.

Peace,
J

I finally went to go see Bodies Revealed a few months ago. Very interesting stuff but I wish I held off a little longer. I think I would've learned morefrom it with the background I know from the physiology class I'm currently taking.

I definitely recommend it for anyone just remotely interested/curious.

Back
Top Bottom